Today's rugby papers report that...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dirk Diggler
Academy Player
Academy Player

Today's rugby papers report that...

Post by Dirk Diggler » 07 Jul 2008, 20:48

...Wake have sold their ground for 8 million pounds to a housing developer. The Bell Vue site is 3.75 hectares.

Before this gets moved to anything RL, I am asking if anyone knows the size of the Wheldon road site?
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 Jul 2008, 21:03

I am not disputing the report but I find it very strange and hard to believe that a house builder has paid that amount of money in the present climate. Housebuilders have recently seen the values of their landbanks shrink to fractions. Last week Barratts announced 1000 redundancies and the word in the industry is tipping them to go bang. Today Persimmon Homes also announced 1000 redundancies. Anecdotal evidence suggests that building material stocks are at a 20 year high and numerous housing developments have been mothballed almost overnight. I find it amazing that this deal is going ahead.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Today's rugby papers report that...

Post by alftupper » 07 Jul 2008, 21:21

Dirk Diggler wrote:...Wake have sold their ground for 8 million pounds to a housing developer. The Bell Vue site is 3.75 hectares.

Before this gets moved to anything RL, I am asking if anyone knows the size of the Wheldon road site?
I've just done a fag packet take-off and the ground and training pitch amounts to approximately 3.1 hectares. There is a triangular piece of land beyond the training pitch the ownership is unclear from the aerial photo this would add another 0.2 hectares.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 07 Jul 2008, 21:24

alftupper wrote:
Dirk Diggler wrote:...Wake have sold their ground for 8 million pounds to a housing developer. The Bell Vue site is 3.75 hectares.

I've just done a fag packet take-off and the ground and training pitch amounts to approximately 3.1 hectares. There is a triangular piece of land beyond the training pitch the ownership is unclear from the aerial photo this would add another 0.2 hectares.
Do you reckon the Wakey site is that big? Not been for ages but does it include the pub / club that was at the bottom of the bowling car park?

Like you, I just can't see in the current climate anyone paying that much for Wakey's ground. There's only limited room for development unless some of the surrounding area is to be levelled, where as at Cas there's other land nearby.

Do Wakey own the ground? Weren't they bailed out not so many years ago?
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 07 Jul 2008, 21:30

i thought they had sold their ground to the council some years ago ?

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 07 Jul 2008, 21:37

7.5 million to carla construction,bad news for us,birstalltiger was sent an email with this information on last week and the bad news is that the ground is to be demolished by the end of this year with houses and flats already given planning permision to start going up next year.it looks pretty clear that wakey are leaving belle vue asap.

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 07 Jul 2008, 21:42

if this happens wave bye bye to our ground plenty of cloak and dagger goings on in the council no doubt, i feel a stuffing happening, bend over cas and do you require lubrication.....
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 07 Jul 2008, 21:42

braytontiger wrote:

7.5 million to carla construction,bad news for us,birstalltiger was sent an email with this information on last week and the bad news is that the ground is to be demolished by the end of this year with houses and flats already given planning permision to start going up next year.it looks pretty clear that wakey are leaving belle vue asap.
Wrong mate, the wake ground doesnt have any planning permission for houses. Mates wife works in that dept and she checked it out, if you dont believe me contact the planning dept and ask them yourself

Newton Bar, Leeds Road, Wakefield WF1 2TX

Phone: 01924 306636
Fax: 01924 306690
Email: devcontrol@wakefield.gov.uk

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 07 Jul 2008, 21:44

braytontiger wrote:

So where would Wakey play next year if this was the case. I can catagorically state that no planning permission has been granted and none has been applied for THIS IS FACT NOT HEARSAY

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 07 Jul 2008, 21:47

speedy wrote:
braytontiger wrote:

Wrong mate, the wake ground doesnt have any planning permission for houses. Mates wife works in that dept and she checked it out, if you dont believe me contact the planning dept and ask them yourself

i read the email myself on sunday and it was passed around to a few others in the main stand,it was an official doccument.i will try and get in touch with birstall and see if he still has the info so he can post it on here.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by speedy » 07 Jul 2008, 21:50

braytontiger wrote:
speedy wrote:
braytontiger wrote:

i read the email myself on sunday and it was passed around to a few others in the main stand,it was an official doccument.i will try and get in touch with birstall and see if he still has the info so he can post it on here.
Not being funny with you mate, but contact the WMDC planning dept and they will tell you about any planning permissions, Dont believe all you see ;)

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 07 Jul 2008, 21:52

braytontiger wrote:
speedy wrote:
braytontiger wrote:

A number of malicious/joke e-mails have been generated lately. Please verify authenticity before posting and please blank out any names on said e-mail
Thank you

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 07 Jul 2008, 21:54

speedy wrote:Not being funny with you mate, but contact the WMDC planning dept and they will tell you about any planning permissions, Dont believe all you see ;)
ive spoken with birstall and he has the info at work and will post it on here tommorow,the letter is for an order of materials from his company and a timscale of the plans for belle vue from carla construction who have bought the belle vue site.

Can we cut down the amount of quotes being used? - Steady

Boom
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Boom » 07 Jul 2008, 21:55

There's definitely a planning application in, it's pending consideration.

It says "Demolition of existing grandstand/clubhouse and associated buildings including removal of sports ground. Erection of residential development of 120 dwellings including associated garaging/parking and new access"

I saw this a few weeks ago when looking for something else. Reference is 08/00871/FUL.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by speedy » 07 Jul 2008, 22:01

Have a look at this, this argument was raging back in Feb
http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=60

Good morning,

I have had a quick check on our system and the last application I can find for the Wakefield Trinity ground was for a prefabricated building to be used as a club shop. Should we receive any applications, once they become valid we will advertise in the Wakefield Express and site notices put up around the site.

I hope this helps.

Cut out the quotes.... any probs with that just blame it on Adam. ;) - Steady

theboyem
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by theboyem » 07 Jul 2008, 22:03

Wakefield have kept reapplying for planning permision to build on Belle Vue for years in order to enhance the value of the ground. Things though have moved on apace recently and enhanced planning permission has been sought and a final deision is awaited.

http://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/public ... ype=WEEKLY

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by speedy » 07 Jul 2008, 22:09

theboyem wrote:Wakefield have kept reapplying for planning permision to build on Belle Vue for years in order to enhance the value of the ground. Things though have moved on apace recently and enhanced planning permission has been sought and a final deision is awaited.

http://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/public ... ype=WEEKLY
Its in for planning correct, but it hasnt been given as yet,

but hey good luck to them

tigersimon
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigersimon » 07 Jul 2008, 22:14

Maybe there's no franchise for them so it's NL1 and a ground share with the Rovers ha ha.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 Jul 2008, 22:15

Steady, I am of the same opinion as you as regards the relative size of the Cas and Wakey grounds. I have had a look at Belle Vue and in the absence of the actual deeds the area is basically the stadium and the small carpark adjacent Doncaster Road. Unless they own residential properties around the ground and the bowling hall or whatever it is now then the area is only 1.9 hectares

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 07 Jul 2008, 22:18

alftupper wrote:Steady, I am of the same opinion as you as regards the relative size of the Cas and Wakey grounds. I have had a look at Belle Vue and in the absence of the actual deeds the area is basically the stadium and the small carpark adjacent Doncaster Road. Unless they own residential properties around the ground and the bowling hall or whatever it is now then the area is only 1.9 hectares
Add to that fella, I'm not even sure they own their ground. If they do, they've surely had a fair amount of debt written off.....

Can't see them owning / having rights to residential properties near by...... nor can I really see someone buying those to re develop.

Oh and you best watch out all this agreeing with me. ;)
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"