Noise

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 07 Jul 2008, 22:20

Boom wrote:I thought it was just me!

Makes my ears bleed. I've started arriving 30 seconds before kick off!
Im glad it just wasn't we who thought that, i mean mutya beuna wasn't the best but wasn't bad either but from then on got worser with Ray Quinn and Same Difference both for the kids although as a 17 year old i hate it! id rather have some live local band who are up and coming to entertain me!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 07 Jul 2008, 22:27

I had to smile as I stood surrounded with cement asbestos sheeting being kicked to bits by over zealous Cas fans while my eardrums were simultaneously ruptured by the PA system.

If the Wheldon Road end was a building site it would have a Prohibition Notice slapped on it tomorrow morning.

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 08 Jul 2008, 01:37

Elvis has left the building .

Agree, ten minutes before kick-off there should only be the sound of the crowd . The pa is not very good, ok for speech and that's it .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

decorator
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by decorator » 08 Jul 2008, 06:54

I thought Elvis was good at creating atmosphere...PA system in Princess St. stand kept going off at differing times...every time it went off and Elvis was stifled a cheer went up from many in the crowd. A good laugh really. Even if this was not his intention. :)

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 08 Jul 2008, 07:27

and i thought i was alone in hating all the crap music at ear-busting noise level. quality is what is needed, not quantity at any level be it noise or talent.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 08 Jul 2008, 12:17

Can't help thinking there may be a knock on effect of the load, invasive music but the CLub are left with little option.

what I mean is that the fans today seem to generate less noise but that could be due to the fact we can't hear each other.

My own view is that anything coming through the PA system should work with the crowd noise and generate an eleectric, yet intimidating atmosphere.

Still, if Iron Maiden are coming, you might see me there!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 08 Jul 2008, 13:29

Agree as well, absolutely gets on my nerves.

Its hard enough to make a good atmosphere and anyway, it would help massively if they turned this crap off 10 mins before kickoff.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 08 Jul 2008, 15:49

WRE is impossible to create an atmosphere in when they are blasting out that racket. I struggled to talk to the lad stood right next to me.

Maybe something similar to what they do at Elland Road when they play marching on together before the match could do the trick .... although they'd need to find a more suitable song, it would get the crowd going just nicely..... any suggestions?

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 08 Jul 2008, 16:02

wastedyears1981 wrote:WRE is impossible to create an atmosphere in when they are blasting out that racket. I struggled to talk to the lad stood right next to me.

Maybe something similar to what they do at Elland Road when they play marching on together before the match could do the trick .... although they'd need to find a more suitable song, it would get the crowd going just nicely..... any suggestions?
Genesis,

Turn it offfffffff turn it off turn it off again . :D

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 08 Jul 2008, 16:05

Flat Capper wrote:Can't help thinking there may be a knock on effect of the load, invasive music but the CLub are left with little option.

what I mean is that the fans today seem to generate less noise but that could be due to the fact we can't hear each other.

My own view is that anything coming through the PA system should work with the crowd noise and generate an eleectric, yet intimidating atmosphere.

Still, if Iron Maiden are coming, you might see me there!
Eeeeee .... it would be awesome if cas ran out to .... Ruuuuuun toooo thaaaaa hilllllllls :dance: :dance: :dance:

Maybe we could give Eddie the mascot a trial at cas too ...something similar to Dwayne Chambers lol

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 08 Jul 2008, 16:32

Now you're talking, where's Mr Poskitt when you want him? ;)
Spreading the Cas gene pool

cabbageprince
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cabbageprince » 08 Jul 2008, 16:40

Frustrating having to do all the shouting just to have a conversation pre-match. Exhausted by kick off time.

Another thing about the PA system is the poor sound levels. Has been the same for most of the acts pre-match. Have been in a few bands and makes me cringe to hear the bad levels etc.
Music on louder than voices and vice versa.

If I remember rightly same difference came on and sang about 4 songs then for the 5th they decided to up their microphone levels!! bit of a waste of money egtting them in and cant even hear them.

Sureley this 'Peter' guy who wayne often has to wake up with a shout when music should be played has some idea of sound levels. If not then get someone right in!
I like cheese and peas and beans!

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 08 Jul 2008, 16:48

It could be worse, When we played the pussycats away the first time this season, there tanoy was haing on by a wire. I thought it was going to fall off. Also in the away stand where we all was, i could hardly here the young las sing.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 08 Jul 2008, 18:13

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:It could be worse, When we played the pussycats away the first time this season, there tanoy was haing on by a wire. I thought it was going to fall off. Also in the away stand where we all was, i could hardly here the young las sing.
If you look ever so closely at the rugby sticks .... you'll just about see the sellotape holding the sticks up :lol: :lol:

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 08 Jul 2008, 19:08

Steadman_4_PM wrote:Don't mind a bit of music / entertainment pre match, but either the speakers (in the WRE) are on too high, or are just or poor quality.

As for music just before kick off, I sometimes think it takes away from what atmosphere there is. Start of any match the WRE should be as vocal as ever, you don't need music to get in the way of that.
thats another point I didn't put in the reply on my PM about the atmosphere etc. ;)
So I AGREE!

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 08 Jul 2008, 19:11

wastedyears1981 wrote:WRE is impossible to create an atmosphere in when they are blasting out that racket. I struggled to talk to the lad stood right next to me.

Might aswell play that tbh. Whino's do!

Stoke Bloke
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Erm......Stoke surprisingly. Thats the rough bit between Manchester and Birmingham.

Post by Stoke Bloke » 08 Jul 2008, 19:14

wastedyears1981 wrote:Anybody would have thought Iron Maiden were entertaining us at the start lol :lol:
Went to twickenham on sat to see Maiden. All the old stuff 2 hours plus of sheer bloody brilliance.

Stokie.
BE LOYAL BE LOUD BE CAS.

John 3:16

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Club response

Post by johnboy » 09 Jul 2008, 07:44

I have e mailed the club (Vicki Stanworth) and brought the content of this thread to their attention. Replies have been;

Thank you for your email.

I have forwarded it to the relevant department who will take on board the points raised.

And when pushed;

It is being addressed

Anyone wish to translate the "management speak"?

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 09 Jul 2008, 10:27

It means they will turn it down a notch next time, But it will still be too loud

It was ridiculous on saturday though, I prefer it in the final few minutes before the players out building up an atmosphere ourselves - Not the PA system deafening us all
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

SherburnTiger88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SherburnTiger88 » 09 Jul 2008, 11:17

Maybe somebody could bring it up at a Fans Discussion Group Meeting.

Not just turning it down, but maybe a change in atmosphere building music leading up to kick off. Like the song everyone had to build it up, think it may of been 2004.

I know they do a good job at KC for Hull City. Got a TIGERS TIGERS BURNING BRIGHT song which gets hairs stood up on back of my neck!
And It's Hull City! Hullll Cityyyyy FC! We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!!!!!
Silverware! We Don't Care! We'll follow City/Tigers Everywhere!!!