Leeds - Cas Betting

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 27 Jun 2008, 10:59

Yeah, there's no doubt that this season is a rubber chicken. But even if it's only for the fans benefit, I'd like to see Cas get as many points as possible and finish as high as possible, and then we can start to think of building on that position in the next 3 years.

But at the end of the day, fans love a winning team. We get a win against Leeds I'd expect a big turnout for KR. If you believe this season is not important, why do you turn upto games? LOL. If it doesn't bother you that much then surely there's no point fans turning up for games?
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 27 Jun 2008, 11:29

I agree of course I would like to see them win but my original comment was aimed at the 'WE NEED TO WIN!' statement - which we don't. There will be no consequence whether we win, lose or draw other than the supporters mood.
If you believe this season is not important, why do you turn upto games?
good question - I don't. I hadnt missed a game this year up until Bradford in May. I can tell you for sure however, had there still been relegation I would still be attending.

If you have not guessed I am totally against the franchise principle!

TIGER DAZ

Post by TIGER DAZ » 27 Jun 2008, 11:52

alftupper wrote:
good question - I don't. I hadnt missed a game this year up until Bradford in May. I can tell you for sure however, had there still been relegation I would still be attending.

If you have not guessed I am totally against the franchise principle!
Me too, but the club can't control decisions made by the games big cheeses or sky tv, can they?

If you feel passionately then best way to show your disgust is to cancel your sky subscription (if you have one) and boycott games against fasttracked clubs like Quins, Catalans and Celtic (if you are given a franchise)

I'm not saying the above is the right thing to do, but it's a better option than punishing the club when all they can do is go along with the rules or give up any hope of being a part of the elite competition.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 27 Jun 2008, 13:48

TIGER DAZ wrote: Me too, but the club can't control decisions made by the games big cheeses or sky tv, can they?
Didn't our club vote in favour of the franchise system ?

Besides I'm not staying away to punish the club but through lack of interest. From now until the end of the season our games have no more relevance (to us) than pre season friendlies - I don't attend those either. I'll probably make an effort to look at Sargent make his debut or any other big signing :) we may make but that's all.

hulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by hulltiger » 27 Jun 2008, 14:23

If you can not be bothered to come to matches then do n't bother coming back on hear until you do

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Jun 2008, 15:08

Did you always take your bat and ball home when you didn't get your way? :?

This is a forum for discussing many issues, a large proportion of which relate to Castleford Tigers. I didn't realise you have to attend games to use it? :roll:

How about we tell the players/BoD not to bother turning up until they are interested again? ;)
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 27 Jun 2008, 15:23

alftupper wrote:
TIGER DAZ wrote: Me too, but the club can't control decisions made by the games big cheeses or sky tv, can they?
Didn't our club vote in favour of the franchise system ?

Besides I'm not staying away to punish the club but through lack of interest. From now until the end of the season our games have no more relevance (to us) than pre season friendlies - I don't attend those either. I'll probably make an effort to look at Sargent make his debut or any other big signing :) we may make but that's all.
Disagree with your sentiment about meaningless games, the games IMO are not meaningless, we want to win to get a higher league placing, OK we're not going to make the play off's, but I'm sure I'm with 99.9% of supporters in not wanting us to finish last, even if our status as a superleague club is not at stake.

I would imagine there will be some kind of prize money for the position a club finish in the league, although not sure if it filters through to 11th, if it doesn't then it should as another incentive.
you ask the players if they care if they finishing bottom and I'm sure to a man they will say they do care!

Your motives for staying away are your own business, but I prefer to attend (even though I've not been too happy with the majority of performances), I always think that maybe the next performance will be a really good one and wouldn't want to miss it.
Danny Boy

THE BUNGLER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by THE BUNGLER » 27 Jun 2008, 15:58

Danny Boy wrote:Your motives for staying away are your own business, but I prefer to attend (even though I've not been too happy with the majority of performances), I always think that maybe the next performance will be a really good one and wouldn't want to miss it.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 27 Jun 2008, 16:29

Flat Capper wrote:Did you always take your bat and ball home when you didn't get your way? :?

This is a forum for discussing many issues, a large proportion of which relate to Castleford Tigers. I didn't realise you have to attend games to use it? :roll:

How about we tell the players/BoD not to bother turning up until they are interested again? ;)
Well said FC

Also I feel I have shown the club enough loyalty this season to voice my opinions on this forum.

On a final point I don't think the comments and actions
of our Chief Executive with regards to this season have given me
any incentive to continue watching us struggle on.

I will still be supporting them for the remainder of the season but via the radio.

rich
League One Player
League One Player

Post by rich » 27 Jun 2008, 17:04

alftupper wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:Did you always take your bat and ball home when you didn't get your way? :?

Well said FC

Also I feel I have shown the club enough loyalty this season to voice my opinions on this forum.

On a final point I don't think the comments and actions
of our Chief Executive with regards to this season have given me
any incentive to continue watching us struggle on.

I will still be supporting them for the remainder of the season but via the radio.
Don't forget not to come on here again. Who does he think he his, you keep coming on here mate and support Cas how you like. After all were all different.
]
When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For their tomorrow, We gave our today

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 27 Jun 2008, 20:39

alftupper wrote:a fool and his money.....
take it back mate ive layed 3/4 of the bet off money in the bank
with still a drink left on the game !!
go tigers !!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 27 Jun 2008, 21:17

wrs wrote:
alftupper wrote:a fool and his money.....
take it back mate ive layed 3/4 of the bet off money in the bank
with still a drink left on the game !!
go tigers !!
you're that confident of a Cas win you are laying it off!

don't blame you arbitrage is guaranteed money but I'm not sure what others may think if they've lumped on a Cas win based on your bullish predictions earlier in this thread and are now finding out you are simply playing the markets!

besides it takes all the 'fun' out of gambling.

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 27 Jun 2008, 21:32

lol
listen £200 on at 11/2
are you for real !! best price now 9/4 ?
if you are any more of a gambler or you know better than me when bettings concerned please tell me
i must be a novice ? lol
if you want me to print off my slip and show you no problem btw !!
but most people know i like a bet and the aim is winning money ?
btw if you bet for fun you must know dettoriman man ? he loves your type ??

but then again why would i need to show you "your a plastic supporter" ???

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 27 Jun 2008, 22:41

We have changed the handicap today from 12 - 8 and all the other bookies have dramatically shortened there odds

I have chose to back cas at 9/2 and i am confident at that
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 27 Jun 2008, 22:45

dettoriman wrote:We have changed the handicap today from 12 - 8 and all the other bookies have dramatically shortened there odds

9/4 william hills ?
http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-league ... win-market

btw ive still got us +16 lol also

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 27 Jun 2008, 23:35

wrs wrote:
dettoriman wrote:We have changed the handicap today from 12 - 8 and all the other bookies have dramatically shortened there odds

9/4 william hills ?
http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-league ... win-market

btw ive still got us +16 lol also
I know its only 9/4 with us mate, but Super Soccer who are telephone betting were offering 9/2 so i have had a bet on that - enough to pay for a beer or two lets say
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

bath_tub
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bath_tub » 28 Jun 2008, 00:12

i wanna put a bet on. the leeds team named must be the 1 that plays right??

i jus wana check

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 28 Jun 2008, 07:52

wrs wrote:lol
listen £200 on at 11/2
are you for real !! best price now 9/4 ?
if you are any more of a gambler or you know better than me when bettings concerned please tell me
i must be a novice ? lol
if you want me to print off my slip and show you no problem btw !!
but most people know i like a bet and the aim is winning money ?
btw if you bet for fun you must know dettoriman man ? he loves your type ??

[/b] ???
:D I'm sorry my mistake you must be the only 'punter' that frequents the bookies that doesnt look like an Eastern European
refugee or a chain-smoking loser who looks like he needs a bath.

You have probably made your money and have retired to your villa in Cyprus - they are nice arent they? :)

I agree with you gambling is a losers game and winning streaks are short lived - my only flutter are at corporate days out at York, Cheltenham etc which I do consider to be fun. I don't make my living from it you see - purely social.

You are abviously a big mister when it comes to playing the markets I would suggest joining one of the many sports arbitrage sites that can be found here on he web - they will yield anything between 1-10% if you can be bothered - all you need is some capital. I've always thought that there are better ways of making money. But why am I telling you this you will be using these already.
but then again why would i need to show you "your a plastic supporter" ???
no... wrong again I seldom use it and mostly deal in cash :D