ENGLAND TEAM FOR FRIDAY

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Jack Bauer » 25 Jun 2008, 18:53

Fully wrote:Well, that's disappointing for the lad. Oh well. Stuff being around the England camp the rest of the week if he's not gonna play. Get him back on the plane ASAP for Cas on Saturday.
Agree, there's nothing keeping him there now. Lets hope he proves his point against the Rhinos.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Jun 2008, 19:16

Not suprisingly the England team are now the Leeds and Saints team. Even the Subs bench as well, i thought tony smith was picking people on form, there's a few players in that squad lucky to be in there.
Mauri Fa'savalu though seriously wtf? im sure even Saints fans would rather see a new talent like Joe come on and dazzle rather than someone who's been over here what 4 years. Its seriously not on and not right!
But then again doe's us some good for saturday, just hope joe being the proffesional he is keeps is chin up and impresses like always.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Jun 2008, 19:18

I'd imagine both Joe and Ben Westwood will stay in France for the game, just in case of injuries.

Can't see any reason why Joe won't play on Saturday though.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Jun 2008, 19:22

With games joes playing and how he works himself into ground i wouldn't like to see him play two very tough games in space of 20 odd hours, the French will bring it to England so it wont be easy for anyone. Not only does joe playing one for England and then tirelessly on the Saturday, knwoing Joe if he picks up a knock he'l carry on playing throughout weeks and we need him at business end of season if were going to finish off bottom.

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 25 Jun 2008, 20:47

Gutted for him, but he has to look at it the other way.

Even though he's signed a new 4 year deal with us, TS has picked him in the England squad, there hasn't been a Cas player play at the highest level (GB - Now England) for some time now

He'll get plenty more opportunities to play for England while with us, and doesn't need to move clubs for his international career.

Nev
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nev » 25 Jun 2008, 21:27

fenton wrote:Gutted for him, but he has to look at it the other way.

Even though he's signed a new 4 year deal with us, TS has picked him in the England squad, there hasn't been a Cas player play at the highest level (GB - Now England) for some time now

He'll get plenty more opportunities to play for England while with us, and doesn't need to move clubs for his international career.
I think Hudson was the last Cas player to play for GB in 2003, Orr played in 2002. Lynch and Godwin played for England in 2004 but that effectively was an 'A' team.

I'm sure Joe will play many a game for Eng/GB in the future. I hope he makes it back for Sat night now :)

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 25 Jun 2008, 22:00

Nev wrote:
fenton wrote:Gutted for him, but he has to look at it the other way.

I think Hudson was the last Cas player to play for GB in 2003, Orr played in 2002. Lynch and Godwin played for England in 2004 but that effectively was an 'A' team.

I'm sure Joe will play many a game for Eng/GB in the future. I hope he makes it back for Sat night now :)
5/6 Years with no GB players IS NOT good enough at all, within the 5 year plan id expect at least 3 regular England players in our squad

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Jun 2008, 22:04

Fents, its not just a recent thing. Go back to the 94 season when we finished 3rd in the league (I think), won the Regal Trophy and lost to Wigan in the CC semis............ we had Steadman, Singe, Crookes etc and hardly ever were they selected for GB.

Yes they had the odd cap, but they were overlooked again and again. Tony Smith got in the England WC squad, but shortly afterwards went to Wigan as I think he knew his chances were improved there.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 25 Jun 2008, 22:13

Let him stay for the game then get him back on a plane straight home to get some kip for the big game on saturday - Englands loss is our gain
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Jun 2008, 22:14

dettoriman wrote:Let him stay for the game then get him back on a plane straight home to get some kip for the big game on saturday - Englands loss is our gain
Something else to consider....... with only Roby in the squad, even starting without McGuire means he'll have to come on at some stage. I had a worrying feeling that both he'd miss out and play Saturday, can't see that happening now.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 25 Jun 2008, 22:19

Good news for us that all six Leeds players are playing. Just means, injuries aside, that McGuire will be at least fit enough to play 40 mins of rugby on Saturday.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Grumpy Old Man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Grumpy Old Man » 25 Jun 2008, 22:25

Jack Bauer wrote:Joe Westerman will not be playing on Friday. Him and Westwood have been dropped.

Link
This is not a shock I expected it
Smith was just going through the motions picking Joe I don't think he had any intentions of playing him
KEEP THE FAITH

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 25 Jun 2008, 22:37

JW, is only 18, more than enough time for him to develope.

The mere fact he has got to the camp is a honour, perspective is what people are lacking here.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Jun 2008, 22:38

Exactly NK, I mean Brad Fitler didn't play in the WC as an 18 year old did he, but he was part of the squad.

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 25 Jun 2008, 23:09

Steadman_4_PM wrote:Exactly NK, I mean Brad Fitler didn't play in the WC as an 18 year old did he, but he was part of the squad.
he toured in 1990 with the Aussies as an 18 year old
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Jun 2008, 23:09

That's what I meant Di.

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 25 Jun 2008, 23:14

you'll type anything ;) ;)
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 26 Jun 2008, 03:18

Normy Knight wrote:JW, is only 18, more than enough time for him to develope.

The mere fact he has got to the camp is a honour, perspective is what people are lacking here.
nice quote,ok Joe isnt playing but it will have shown him wots its like and it will have done him the world of good, at 18 wot a exsperiance even though not in the starting line up, hold that chest out Joe youll be a future great. :D

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 26 Jun 2008, 11:05

http://www.castigers.com/cgi-bin/news.cgi?5039

Joe may end up playing for us. No point rushing him back, if he gets over play him, if not he needs a rest. I think he has been due a week off for some time. We don't want to burn him out, and with his work rate he may feel the pinch towards the end of the season.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 26 Jun 2008, 11:09

Which is why I'd put him on the bench. At the end of the day the fans were moaning about finishing bottom. This a chance to put us behind Huddersfield, and regardless of who the opposition is or how old they are, I would not take this easy. Therefore full-team out for me.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION