Drop goal attempt

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 23 Jun 2008, 08:26

danny lad wrote:sherwin had an injury to his hamstring late on he didn't look good at all.

hope he is ok for leeds next week
He will be fine mate, I spoke to him after the game and he was very complimentry of his pack who got through a lot of work and he was slightly downbeat when he says it means nothing without the win as the guys know they should have had 2 points really, He was also looking forward to next week and another win over the rhino's
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Consultant
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Consultant » 23 Jun 2008, 09:09

Slash wrote:And if McGoldrick could tackle we would have won.
Joe missed 2 - 3 tackles which lead to Wigan tries when he went low and the player skipped out of the tackle.

moe is tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by moe is tiger » 23 Jun 2008, 12:42

cant believe he didnt stay deep to take the shot at goal, but he still had a good game

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 23 Jun 2008, 12:49

I was watching the Cas - Leeds game again last night as i always do ;) and Shewrin tried going for a drop goal then, as he did his body position was all wrong and looked as though it was going to go straight across floor, that kick too got charged down, problem he as his as hes about to take, he gets ball looks up and then leans back and takes an age, should of had someone faster with the ball on hand. Ino Leeds game we didn't need the drop goal as we was already 18 points up but he should of known to give it to someone else.

bart

Re: Drop goal attempt

Post by bart » 23 Jun 2008, 14:48

[quote="Matt"]The 2 previous tackles Sherwin waited under the sticks and had no real threat however instead of taking the option we ran the ball in until Sherwin had no option but to try and attempt the shot to the left of the posts.

I feel if he managed to get the ball earlier we would have got the goal and won the game.[/quote]
Never mind drop goal attempt.why on a number of times we kicked on the ground on last tackle,when the wind would have caused real problems.
i feel sure we would have scored a couple of more trys.

bart

Post by bart » 23 Jun 2008, 14:56

never mind the drop goal.can anyone tell me why on a very windy day we kept putting a kick along the ground on the last tackle.much more pressure would have been put on them with a high ball.
i feel sure we could have come up with a couple of more scores.

marshman
League One Player
League One Player

Post by marshman » 23 Jun 2008, 15:31

bart wrote:never mind the drop goal.can anyone tell me why on a very windy day we kept putting a kick along the ground on the last tackle.much more pressure would have been put on them with a high ball.
I can tell you mate. Did you happen to see the players warming up, and in particular the high kicks Goldy and Shifty were doing? They were going all over the shop, in to the crowd and not where they wanted them to go. I agree, a high ball in windy conditions is hard to catch, just ask Mathers. It was just that windy it could have neded up anywhere.

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 23 Jun 2008, 16:20

marshman wrote:
bart wrote:never mind the drop goal.can anyone tell me why on a very windy day we kept putting a kick along the ground on the last tackle.much more pressure would have been put on them with a high ball.
I can tell you mate. Did you happen to see the players warming up, and in particular the high kicks Goldy and Shifty were doing? They were going all over the shop, in to the crowd and not where they wanted them to go. I agree, a high ball in windy conditions is hard to catch, just ask Mathers. It was just that windy it could have neded up anywhere.
Blimey, was Catic joining in the kicking practice too? ;)
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

marshman
League One Player
League One Player

Post by marshman » 23 Jun 2008, 16:59

I was at work last night and haven't been to bed yet. :P :P :P