Sundays Squad.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Sundays Squad.

Post by Normy Knight » 21 Jun 2008, 16:10

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 457477.stm

Only 1 natural No 9, I really expected Sean Johnson to be called up :?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

The Happy Hooker
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Usually found between open side and blind side prop

Re: Sundays Squad.

Post by The Happy Hooker » 21 Jun 2008, 16:44

Normy Knight wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 457477.stm

Normy,
I give up.......... I've just seen the DVD of the Reserves game against Hull and in my unbiased ;) opinion he had a very good game, came on when the Cas winger was seriously injured and played for the next 60 minutes tackled way above his weight using the right technique, dictated play from dummy, produced kicks to get another set started a move with Lupo and backed up to finish of with a try, all you could expect...his best game of the season......
Yet Thackeray (as I expected) is called into the squad, who had a poor game usual show and go, his tacking was a replica of the Hudds. game with 'dangling arm' effort did nothing to warrant recalling if he plays I'm not too confident of the outcome to be honest
Poor decision TM gives NO confidence for the future Korky played more than is Microwave nickname and Hlad had undistinguished game
We await his second coming, Chuck Hardisty MkII

"It does not require many words to speak the truth"...Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

newcasfan1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by newcasfan1 » 21 Jun 2008, 17:00

why? the last time moore was out injured he never got the nod. stands to reason TM is going to chose from his first teamers imo

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 21 Jun 2008, 17:05

The Happy Hooker wrote:

Normy,
I give up.......... I've just seen the DVD of the Reserves game against Hull and in my unbiased ;) opinion he had a very good game, came on when the Cas winger was seriously injured and played for the next 60 minutes tackled way above his weight using the right technique, dictated play from dummy, produced kicks to get another set started a move with Lupo and backed up to finish of with a try, all you could expect...his best game of the season......
Yet Thackeray (as I expected) is called into the squad, who had a poor game usual show and go, his tacking was a replica of the Hudds. game with 'dangling arm' effort did nothing to warrant recalling if he plays I'm not too confident of the outcome to be honest
Poor decision TM gives NO confidence for the future Korky played more than is Microwave nickname and Hlad had undistinguished game
All dads are unbiased as we are their biggest critics, also their biggest fans as well.

But credit due and all that he needs to be given a shot. But I also think Cas play him as they are paying him (Thackery) more money than Sean,this is the only reason I can think of.

From what I have seen of Sean he is a battler, and he will hopefully carry on until he gets his chance.

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 21 Jun 2008, 17:06

newcasfan1 wrote:

why? the last time moore was out injured he never got the nod. stands to reason TM is going to chose from his first teamers imo
Yet another fantastic decision :roll:

Lets bring in Thackray who according to someone who saw him in the reserves last week was 'garbage' when we have a recognised hooker in Sean Johnson.

Great move.

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 21 Jun 2008, 17:08

newcasfan1 wrote:

Probably because a coach MAY pick a player in-form, silly reason I know but hey what do I know.

newcasfan1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by newcasfan1 » 21 Jun 2008, 17:09

Rich_1 wrote:
newcasfan1 wrote:

Lets bring in Thackray who according to someone who saw him in the reserves last week was 'garbage' when we have a recognised hooker in Sean Johnson.
Great move.
sure sean will get his chance at some point but stands to reason, for me anyway, that TM will use 1st teamers wherever possible. let's remember, we don't all see what goes o in training - whats to say Thackery hasn't earnt his place based on what he's put in in training?!!

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 21 Jun 2008, 17:20

newcasfan1 wrote:
Rich_1 wrote:
newcasfan1 wrote:

Great move.
sure sean will get his chance at some point but stands to reason, for me anyway, that TM will use 1st teamers wherever possible. let's remember, we don't all see what goes o in training - whats to say Thackery hasn't earnt his place based on what he's put in in training?!!
So, you as a coach would pick a player as he is training well, but not putting it into games :?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 21 Jun 2008, 17:25

I play rugby for a local team and obviously amateur is nothing compared to proffesionall absolutely noway but you can be the best trainer in the world but in a game you can be made to look a fool. Let sean have a game hes alot quicker and better pair of hands than Thacks, hes had is games at start and showed nothing, does anyone else agree that sean should be given at least a few games againt some top quality opponents, like Watkins from Leeds and Sharpe of Harlequins and give them a run out!

newcasfan1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by newcasfan1 » 21 Jun 2008, 17:27

Normy Knight wrote:
newcasfan1 wrote:
Rich_1 wrote:
newcasfan1 wrote:

Great move.
So, you as a coach would pick a player as he is training well, but not putting it into games :?
must be how Korki has kept his place over the 1st half of the season !!! :lol:

In all seriosness though, I don't know why Thacks get such a bad rap - the kid's talented, not saying he's the finished article, and I can see why TM would pick him over a reserve player. Like I said, sure Sean will get a chance at some point but for now why not give Thacks a chance t prove his critics wrong?

Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Normy Knight » 21 Jun 2008, 17:35

newcasfan1 wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:
newcasfan1 wrote:
Rich_1 wrote:
newcasfan1 wrote: why? the last time moore was out injured he never got the nod. stands to reason TM is going to chose from his first teamers imo

Great move.

In all seriosness though, I don't know why Thacks get such a bad rap - the kid's talented, not saying he's the finished article, and I can see why TM would pick him over a reserve player. Like I said, sure Sean will get a chance at some point but for now why not give Thacks a chance t prove his critics wrong?
How many chances does he need?

The Happy Hooker
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Usually found between open side and blind side prop

Post by The Happy Hooker » 21 Jun 2008, 19:13

Normy Knight wrote:
newcasfan1 wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:
newcasfan1 wrote:
Rich_1 wrote: Yet another fantastic decision :roll:

Great move.

How many chances does he need?

Normy,
A little more '[REMOVED] bits' to continue this discussion, after the game Masky congratualted 'a certain hooker' on his performance and said something to the effect ...." well played Johnno, with Scott Moore injured I'm going to suggest to TM that he include you in the squad for the Wigan game, BUT I can't guarantee that he will act on my recommendation....."

and the rest shall we say is history
We await his second coming, Chuck Hardisty MkII

"It does not require many words to speak the truth"...Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 21 Jun 2008, 20:55

Just to add to this, Young Boyle misses out on a starting place again as our front row will be Higgins and Korkidas
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Parky
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Parky » 21 Jun 2008, 21:04

dettoriman wrote:Just to add to this, Young Boyle misses out on a starting place again as our front row will be Higgins and Korkidas
I hope you've got it wrong for once. Korki was played off the park by a kid in 21's at Hull last week, from what I've read.
Furguson, are you listening
Keep the Premiership glistening
Cos when we play you in May
We'll take it away
We're walking in a City wonderland

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 21 Jun 2008, 21:12

Parky wrote:
dettoriman wrote:Just to add to this, Young Boyle misses out on a starting place again as our front row will be Higgins and Korkidas
I hope you've got it wrong for once. Korki was played off the park by a kid in 21's at Hull last week, from what I've read.
Well I've heard conflicting reports. Apparently Korkidas played 80 mins and did very well. And Korkidas will be involved in a bigger role this weekend.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 21 Jun 2008, 21:12

Why is TM wasting time on korki .... drop him and forget about him till he ships out to another team. Id sooner put a soggy lettuce on the pitch than him.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 21 Jun 2008, 21:18

wastedyears1981 wrote:Why is TM wasting time on korki .... drop him and forget about him till he ships out to another team. Id sooner put a soggy lettuce on the pitch than him.
Have you ever thought he might have improved? Or Matterson wants to give him more game time to see how he's doing? Players have bad seasons, but they can just as easily improve. We need as many decent forwards tomorrow as possible. If Korky does a decent 25 minute shift each half, that's good enough for me.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 21 Jun 2008, 21:20

Fully wrote:
wastedyears1981 wrote:Why is TM wasting time on korki .... drop him and forget about him till he ships out to another team. Id sooner put a soggy lettuce on the pitch than him.
Have you ever thought he might have improved? Or Matterson wants to give him more game time to see how he's doing? Players have bad seasons, but they can just as easily improve. We need as many decent forwards tomorrow as possible. If Korky does a decent 25 minute shift each half, that's good enough for me.
He's had opportunity numerous occasions before and never delivered. Think TM is flogging a dead horse trying with him.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 21 Jun 2008, 21:27

He's played 10 mins and been taken off? How can he demonstrate what he can do in that period? Especially when we're defending.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 21 Jun 2008, 21:35

Parky wrote:
When do i get it wrong matt :lol:

Trust me the guy who told me wouldnt have lied lol
Loyalty Costs Nothing !