completely off topic....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

completely off topic....

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 19 Jun 2008, 09:09

hi all...the newly formed dubai rugby league team are coming over to the UK for 2 weeks (cas area but are having a game with saddleworth in lancashire) and are looking for a few local teams to play. i know a few of you are involved in local teams like normy, loch lane panthers etc and we would greatly appreciate it if you could just have a friendly with us. doesnt matter if its first tema or secon or we would just like to have some games to be honest.

im not coming over withg them unfortunetly as im over a few weeks after but there a cracking laugh and a good bunch of lads, a mixture of guys from all over the world but all a right laugh and not bad players to say its a fresh team.

the date there over is the 15th to the 19th of august i think.

anyways if anyones interested about setting a game up could you please pm me and i can forward it you to one of the organisers of the trip.

Cheers Guys,
Hodge.

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 19 Jun 2008, 09:49

hmm
on the 16th of august the castleford panthers are holding a fun day ?
10th anniversary of the club being open this year and in celebration the club is holding a celebration day with lots of different attractions going on with a BBQ and stuff.

i will pm you a club contact e-mail address ;)

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 19 Jun 2008, 09:59

cheers mate

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 19 Jun 2008, 10:41

wrs wrote:hmm
10th anniversary of the club being open this year and in celebration the club is holding a celebration day with lots of different attractions going on with a BBQ and stuff.

Would be great if they could get a team together to play on this day. :)

chimpy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chimpy » 19 Jun 2008, 12:43

Hi we are having a Fun Day/10th anniverersary celebration on the 16th of august our first team would be willing to have a game against you on that day.This would make our celebration extra special,are there any contact numbers you could forward to our club or me.look forward to hearing from you

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 19 Jun 2008, 12:58

chimpy wrote:Hi we are having a Fun Day/10th anniverersary celebration on the 16th of august our first team would be willing to have a game against you on that day.This would make our celebration extra special,are there any contact numbers you could forward to our club or me.look forward to hearing from you
already done :lol: too slow..

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 19 Jun 2008, 14:13

haha awesome guys, cheers. just spoke to one of the lads organising it and hes well up for that. ill see him tonight (seen as i live with him lol) and ill have a word, pass details on and the lot. ill forward you both his email address...its a bit expensive phoine call wise so will be best.

cheers guys.

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 19 Jun 2008, 14:53

Dubai Cas Lad wrote:haha awesome guys, cheers. just spoke to one of the lads organising it and hes well up for that. ill see him tonight (seen as i live with him lol) and ill have a word, pass details on and the lot. ill forward you both his email address...its a bit expensive phoine call wise so will be best.

cheers guys.
iam sure Mohammed karlos the thrird would lend you his gold satellite phone ?

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 19 Jun 2008, 16:43

it is the panthers day on the 16th but their will be no rugby played on this day, so a game on the 16th will be a no goer thats for certain.

ill have a word about a game mid-week but im nearly sure the new season will be close to starting by then.

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 19 Jun 2008, 16:52

braytontiger wrote:

it is the panthers day on the 16th but their will be no rugby played on this day, so a game on the 16th will be a no goer thats for certain.

ill have a word about a game mid-week but im nearly sure the new season will be close to starting by then.
I reckon there should be a game, especially one like this. Would make the day so much better.

chimpy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chimpy » 19 Jun 2008, 18:07

It's not for certain that there wont be a game on that date, had a word this morning with Jamie Benn and he was up for it, so we could start the day off with the match

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 19 Jun 2008, 19:40

chill out people he has the e-mails of the the club let the
CLUB SORT IT ?

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 19 Jun 2008, 21:42

chimpy wrote:It's not for certain that there wont be a game on that date, had a word this morning with Jamie Benn and he was up for it, so we could start the day off with the match
ill say it again their will be no games played on panther day,it wont even be up for debate whether jamie wants a game or not,the best bet for the dubai lads is a midweek fixture.

SPIRO

Post by SPIRO » 19 Jun 2008, 22:59

I dont think it's up to one person to say it's not going to happen and is not up for debate, it will be for the club committe to decide that

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 19 Jun 2008, 23:43

SPIRO wrote:I dont think it's up to one person to say it's not going to happen and is not up for debate, it will be for the club committe to decide that
Well said that man.

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 20 Jun 2008, 10:36

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
SPIRO wrote:I dont think it's up to one person to say it's not going to happen and is not up for debate, it will be for the club committe to decide that
Well said that man.
think i said that three comments up ? :lol:

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Jun 2008, 12:26

wrs wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Well said that man.
think i said that three comments up ? :lol:
nobody is saying one person will decide,the panthers day has been in the planning for the past three months with a committe of people made up from all age groups,most of what is going on at panthers day has already been planned and from the very early meetings it was decided that there would be no rugby played on the day has the day is designed for all players,coaches,ex players and family members to enjoy a day together without the hassle of having to organise games or players playing in them.unless something has drastically changed since the last meeting then the programme for the day will not of changed.

i hope the dubai lads get their run out against the panthers and i cant see where a midweek game couldnt take place.

i hope this clears things up.

SPIRO

Post by SPIRO » 20 Jun 2008, 14:06

I belive there is a meeting tonight of the fun day committe, i hope the subject will be brought up and disscused

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Jun 2008, 14:11

SPIRO wrote:I belive there is a meeting tonight of the fun day committe, i hope the subject will be brought up and disscused
ill make sure its brought up no problem.