14 teams

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 18 Jun 2008, 10:16

Picasso1 wrote:
Dubai Cas Lad wrote:i dont crae who is in it aslong as we are..especially at 2 trips to francea year...one just simply isnt enough lol.
so how many fans are going to be able to afford 2 trips to France and a trip to London a year then?
for one probably not me as it isnt exactly cheap getting a flight home in the summer from here, but id rather have the option than not and id certaintly try to make them. london isnt that expensive...when i went down this year i spent about 30 quid all in all with ticket and bus which i could spend at an home game and im absolutely positive im not alone.

it would be MM or scotland if they got in that would be the purse pinchers.

Far Eastern Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Far Eastern Tiger » 18 Jun 2008, 10:27

Hi DCL

Hot over here innit fella ? 8)

I cannot believe that a tank of petrol is cheaper than two pints of Stella !!!!!! :lol:
'What she read over heavy books she'd sit & prophisise, it took a tattoo'd boy from Birkenhead to really, really open her eyes !'

TIGER DAZ

Post by TIGER DAZ » 18 Jun 2008, 10:56

billy the fish wrote:Have i missed something, when did boots n all revue Toulouse, thought id seen them all
I think it's to be aired tonight, chief.

Skip
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Skip » 18 Jun 2008, 10:58

I was just going on what someone had said as rumour - if Toulouse have been granted 6 points, you can bet they'll be in SL next year. The RFL will make sure of it...
Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I walk that line every day.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Jun 2008, 11:29

Funny how some people are saying widnes as they have now had 2 straight seasons in national league also asministration now that could be them out celtics in also leigh now have a very good setup only down side is there fan base.

Skip
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Skip » 18 Jun 2008, 11:33

Let's hope the BOD are not just looking over their shoulder, but ensuring they get a B licence status - then we've nothing to worry about :)

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 18 Jun 2008, 11:55

Karlos The Jackal wrote:Hi DCL

Hot over here innit fella ? 8)

I cannot believe that a tank of petrol is cheaper than two pints of Stella !!!!!! :lol:
haha alright mate...was wondering if you made it over, nice one. welcome mate.

yeah it is pretty warm hey, and yeah...the price of petrol is awesome hey you cant beat it.

sorry for going off topic guys.

billy the fish
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by billy the fish » 18 Jun 2008, 12:45

TIGER DAZ wrote:
billy the fish wrote:Have i missed something, when did boots n all revue Toulouse, thought id seen them all

Cheers Fella
Want To Learn To Drive ?
Pass In 3-6 weeks or Weekly lessons, PM for Details - Discounts For Forum Members - http://www.trainwithdave.co.uk/

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 18 Jun 2008, 12:49

billy the fish wrote:
TIGER DAZ wrote:

Cheers Fella
please keep up !

billy the fish
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by billy the fish » 18 Jun 2008, 12:51

wrs wrote:
billy the fish wrote:
TIGER DAZ wrote:

Cheers Fella
please keep up !
I cant see into the future, it isn't on until 6 tonight :shock:
Want To Learn To Drive ?
Pass In 3-6 weeks or Weekly lessons, PM for Details - Discounts For Forum Members - http://www.trainwithdave.co.uk/

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 18 Jun 2008, 12:53

Last edited by wrs on 18 Jun 2008, 13:36, edited 2 times in total.

Skip
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Skip » 18 Jun 2008, 13:20

Well Toulouse's website says they've been given 6/10 - B Licence status. Guaranteed a SL franchise...

Which means that out of the 19 places (on application strength, note 2 expected variables for Wigan and Catalans, and Leighs application modified to a C as the boots n' all rating didn't take into account only 1 stadium being allowed for the application):

Leeds A
St Helens A
Hull A
Warrington A
Wigan B
Bradford B
Widnes B
Huddersfield B
Salford B
Harlequins B
Toulouse B
Catalans B
Hull KR C
Celtic Crusaders C
Featherstone Rovers C
Leigh C
Castleford C
Wakefield C
Halifax C

Now if this is the case... You can expect the RFL to take all A's, B's, which equals:

Leeds
St Helens
Hull
Warrington
Wigan
Bradford
Widnes
Huddersfield
Salford
Harlequins
Toulouse
Catalans

And if this is the case, that's 12 teams, meaning 2 places are up for grabs between:

Hull KR
Celtic Crusaders
Featherstone Rovers
Leigh
Castleford
Wakefield
Halifax

As you can see, something will have to give. If these scorings by boots n' all are close to correct and the RFL are refusing to expand to 16 teams... I am expecting an SL club to miss out somewhere along the line. Let's hope that we strengthen our application and ensure a B licence, and ensure it's not us eh?

Aketon Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aketon Lad » 18 Jun 2008, 13:40

Widnes should not be classed as solvent with what happened to them last season straight after the grand final.

Thai should still be classed as a black mark.
ImageBoys Love Girls, Girls Love Men

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 18 Jun 2008, 13:42

Skip wrote:Well Toulouse's website says they've been given 6/10 - B Licence status. Guaranteed a SL franchise...

Which means that out of the 19 places (on application strength, note 2 expected variables for Wigan and Catalans, and Leighs application modified to a C as the boots n' all rating didn't take into account only 1 stadium being allowed for the application):

Leeds A
St Helens A
Hull A
Warrington A
Wigan B
Bradford B
Widnes B
Huddersfield B
Salford B
Harlequins B
Toulouse B
Catalans B
Hull KR C
Celtic Crusaders C
Featherstone Rovers C
Leigh C
Castleford C
Wakefield C
Halifax C

Now if this is the case... You can expect the RFL to take all A's, B's, which equals:

Leeds
St Helens
Hull
Warrington
Wigan
Bradford
Widnes
Huddersfield
Salford
Harlequins
Toulouse
Catalans

And if this is the case, that's 12 teams, meaning 2 places are up for grabs between:

Hull KR
Celtic Crusaders
Featherstone Rovers
Leigh
Castleford
Wakefield
Halifax

As you can see, something will have to give. If these scorings by boots n' all are close to correct and the RFL are refusing to expand to 16 teams... I am expecting an SL club to miss out somewhere along the line. Let's hope that we strengthen our application and ensure a B licence, and ensure it's not us eh?
Well on that it looks dodgy for us, however wakey must be bricking it . With the rumours that there ground is not fit for SL and no stadium in the pipe line as yet .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 18 Jun 2008, 13:48

Half Acres Halfwit wrote:Doesn`t the ground improvement and capacity increase take us to a category B anyway?
Cas did a case study on how to get the extra 250 capacity,this was concluded then it ment the health/safety people needed to visit,etc,etc, in his wisdom our leader has know gone and done bugger all about it and hasent even followed it up,so he must be certain we are in the 14,

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Jun 2008, 14:03

Skip wrote:Well Toulouse's website says they've been given 6/10 - B Licence status. Guaranteed a SL franchise...

Leeds A
St Helens A
Hull A
Warrington A
Wigan B
Bradford B
Widnes B
Huddersfield B
Salford B
Harlequins B
Toulouse B
Catalans B
Hull KR C
Celtic Crusaders C
Featherstone Rovers C
Leigh C
Castleford C
Wakefield C
Halifax C

Leeds
St Helens
Hull
Warrington
Wigan
Bradford
Widnes
Huddersfield
Salford
Harlequins
Toulouse
Catalans

Hull KR
Celtic Crusaders
Featherstone Rovers
Leigh
Castleford
Wakefield
Halifax

How can we strengthen application, they got handed in on 31st march

Skip
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Skip » 18 Jun 2008, 14:21

To my knowledge, the applications will be investigated soon. By this point, clubs may have improved their facilities etc and that should be taken into account...

Otherwise the RFL could have made their decision already.

There would have to be some sort of meeting with each club to discuss their applications - an interview as it were.

Then the RFL will go from there I guess...

If not - then it's going to be tight. I still expect an existing SL club to possibly fall foul if Boots n' All's application ratings are correct...

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 18 Jun 2008, 14:47

i see where your coming from and agree with you that if the franchise is based the same as the boots and all ratings then we are in hot water.

but the ones ive seen on the sky sports website with nigella presenting are pretty laughable with some of the points that tehy come up with for certain clubs. and dont even stick to the criteria of sticking to where clubs are at now and where they will be come the next time they have to decide on franchise applications.

i am 100 percent certain we are in the clear.

billy the fish
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by billy the fish » 18 Jun 2008, 15:21

I haven't got time to be trawling the net, i work more than 2 days a week, not like some :lol:
Want To Learn To Drive ?

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 18 Jun 2008, 15:41

billy the fish wrote:

I haven't got time to be trawling the net, i work more than 2 days a week, not like some :lol:
one hour a day 7 days a week you calling that full time like? :hand: