more positives!!!!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

more positives!!!!

Post by monkeyface » 16 Jun 2008, 11:25

after evry game TM always says about "more positives etc" taken from the game,how many positives can we take, surely the team is positility full know,

if we keep taking positives without a win before the end of the season,some team are going to get a big score agaisnt them, :D

gavsdad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by gavsdad » 16 Jun 2008, 13:03

The only positive to be taken is we will attend next week and pray for a win against the Pies

And the negative is there won't be as many of us has there should be because some FANS (and i mean fans) have been sold the dummy too many times and for now will stay at home and save there hard earned
Suffering from Alzheimer's is just like watching errrrr what was it.

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 16 Jun 2008, 13:56

The only positive i took when walking out of the ground yesterday was that i'm going on holiday on Sunday morning and don't have to witness the games against Wigan and Leeds!

rich
League One Player
League One Player

Post by rich » 16 Jun 2008, 16:53

Rich_1 wrote:The only positive i took when walking out of the ground yesterday was that i'm going on holiday on Sunday morning and don't have to witness the games against Wigan and Leeds!
You chicken, bet you'll be on the net keeping in touch :lol:
]
When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For their tomorrow, We gave our today

Stoke Bloke
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Erm......Stoke surprisingly. Thats the rough bit between Manchester and Birmingham.

Post by Stoke Bloke » 16 Jun 2008, 18:46

Yeah there were positives to be taken from most performances this season. In fact here are some.

I'm positive that we will get hammered by The Whinos and the Piecheaters. I'm positive that the powers that be dont give a hoot and I'm positive that we are fed the same meaningless rubbish in the aftermath of those predicted defeats.

Stokie.
BE LOYAL BE LOUD BE CAS.

John 3:16

Jamess
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jamess » 16 Jun 2008, 19:05

I'm positive we will get penalised for lying on in the tackle to slow the play down and thats been coached into the team.
Time and time again we were penalised for this offence giving field position away and generally concedeing tries and this was agains;t a poor team in Hull FC.

Surely the idea when playing a big set of forwards is to tier them out with a good kicking game rather than lying on......and giving needles penalties away, playing right in the hands of Mr Bentham who was very keen to oblige.......!!!!!!!
Jamo

petercascas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by petercascas » 16 Jun 2008, 20:32

Im positive were handing out ridiculasly long, over inflated contracts to players. All alegiably of course.

Take korkidas for example he is rumored to be on almost 90k a season but the only other relastic bid was 65k from wakey. Why would we pay 25k more?

Mcgoldric is a decent player, but paying him a rumored 100k over four seasons?

And tell me which other team in the world would pay 150k/year for sherwin at the end of his career.

Is it a case that we have to pay over the odds to get these players as we are an unattractive club, or that we are extreemly navie in signing players. Or even that someone is profiting off the stupid slaries given out? I leave that one with you MR

Tiger Mad
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tiger Mad » 16 Jun 2008, 20:53

petercascas wrote:Im positive were handing out ridiculasly long, over inflated contracts to players. All alegiably of course.

Take korkidas for example he is rumored to be on almost 90k a season but the only other relastic bid was 65k from wakey. Why would we pay 25k more?

And tell me which other team in the world would pay 150k/year for sherwin at the end of his career.

Is it a case that we have to pay over the odds to get these players as we are an unattractive club, or that we are extreemly navie in signing players. Or even that someone is profiting off the stupid slaries given out? I leave that one with you MR

Id give Korki 650k........

........To go back to sunny Salford!
WRIGHT TIME TO GO

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 16 Jun 2008, 21:14

Tiger Mad wrote:Id give Korki 650k........

........To go back to sunny Salford!
650k lol ...
Heard Joes on 100k

Quotes fixed - Steady

Lufcncas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lufcncas » 16 Jun 2008, 22:14

Im p[ositive that we wont concede 100 at leeds maybe 99 though :dance:

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 17 Jun 2008, 07:35

hopefully not im really dreading the leeds game,

Lufcncas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lufcncas » 17 Jun 2008, 07:46

monkeyface wrote:hopefully not im really dreading the leeds game,
To say they will want to put the record straight is a mass understatement i think :(

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 17 Jun 2008, 07:46

I arent, They will have at least 4 or 5 of there key players out due to the england france game, and we know cas players raise they're game for the rhinos.

I arent dreading the game, then again i know a lot of fans who wont be going to away games any more as they are wasting there money
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Lufcncas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lufcncas » 17 Jun 2008, 08:27

can see the attendance for the wigan game being poor to be honest . They will bring a hefty following though

Picasso1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Picasso1 » 17 Jun 2008, 08:48

dettoriman wrote:I arent, They will have at least 4 or 5 of there key players out due to the england france game, and we know cas players raise they're game for the rhinos.

I arent dreading the game, then again i know a lot of fans who wont be going to away games any more as they are wasting there money
away games

Not going to home games either at the moment due to the farce thats going on, and until the drinking culture is cut out then I am not paying to fund their habit

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 17 Jun 2008, 09:32

Lufcncas wrote:can see the attendance for the wigan game being poor to be honest . They will bring a hefty following though
id have thought it would have been a big crowd for the pies, i know quite a few who havent been going but are making this one,

Renegade
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Renegade » 17 Jun 2008, 11:55

petercascas wrote:Im positive were handing out ridiculasly long, over inflated contracts to players. All alegiably of course.

Absolutely right pete. We have got two players who we are paying double or almose double what they are worth. I honestly do not think we have a player at the club, or who we are supposed to be signing who is worth more that 80,000. Westy could easily well be in time, but I am talking about now. Yet we we have got about five now over or well over that with what looks like another on the way, who is not worth that either.

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 17 Jun 2008, 13:30

Renegade wrote:

Absolutely right pete. We have got two players who we are paying double or almose double what they are worth. I honestly do not think we have a player at the club, or who we are supposed to be signing who is worth more that 80,000. Westy could easily well be in time, but I am talking about now. Yet we we have got about five now over or well over that with what looks like another on the way, who is not worth that either.
The proposed 4 year Hudson deal from what I've heard makes them look sensible in comparison. It's about 20k above what Roby is reputed to be getting at Saints. As much as I like Hudson and would welcome his signing, he quite frankly is not in the same echelon as young Roby.

Why 4 years for players coming to the end of their careers, and at such inflated odds? You could understand going over the top if you were getting a superstar, an Inglis or Gasnier etc. We're putting a millstone round our neck for the next few seasons. By my reckoning if the Hudson signing does go ahead (he had a bad injury Sunday) we've lost about 200k next year by overpayments already. That gets you 4 quality players, two top class players and 1 ooh la la player.

Also at the meeting the gameplan according to RW was top 4 in 2010 and 2011 and the Grand final winners in 2012. I have no problem with such as Goldy and Hudson signing for realistic fees on 2 year deals to help us on our way to that scenario (even though I do think it's pie in the sky to say the least). If he thinks though that Goldy and a 33 year old Hudson as mainstream, major players are going to deliver us the SL Grand final in 2012, quite frankly he's dreaming.

We are displaying a great habit of paying over the odds for players we should not be doing, and refusing to pay enough for players we should be. When you have a BOD who do not have anyone with an awareness of the product they are dealing in, the product that is being produced and sold, namely the game and the players itself, you have serious problems. It urgently needs sorting out.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett