Lets forget about today....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gazemous
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by gazemous » 15 Jun 2008, 19:49

I agree with all the sentiments here, I'd tear up McGoldrick's 4 year deal - it's disgraceful as it is - then I'd be inclined to bring in a total in-season booze ban where they can drink post-season until training starts again and the night after they've won a game.

It's about time the players respected the fact that they are highly paid professional sportsmen, they earn a living doing a job thousands of others would love and they need to have bodies to cope with playing the hardest sport on earth at the highest level. That comes with discipline - something it seems they are all lacking on and off the field

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 15 Jun 2008, 19:51

bath_tub wrote:
Jack Bauer wrote:
Rich_1 wrote:
Jack Bauer wrote:I am sure today's result won't put them off going out again tonight for few.
They will probably be out already :lol:
I suppose so i mean it is 7:00. :D
God help us when move next door to the xscape!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Jack Bauer » 15 Jun 2008, 19:53

gazemous wrote:I agree with all the sentiments here, I'd tear up McGoldrick's 4 year deal - it's disgraceful as it is - then I'd be inclined to bring in a total in-season booze ban where they can drink post-season until training starts again and the night after they've won a game.

It's about time the players respected the fact that they are highly paid professional sportsmen, they earn a living doing a job thousands of others would love and they need to have bodies to cope with playing the hardest sport on earth at the highest level. That comes with discipline - something it seems they are all lacking on and off the field
Agree :clap:

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 15 Jun 2008, 19:55

someone who has seen this actually happen should write to RW about it. it is a disgrace

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 15 Jun 2008, 20:13

danny lad wrote:someone who has seen this actually happen should write to RW about it. it is a disgrace
I should hope they do !!

TIGER DAZ

Post by TIGER DAZ » 15 Jun 2008, 20:19

danny lad wrote:someone who has seen this actually happen should write to RW about it. it is a disgrace
i'm sure he's already aware of it.

Cas is a small town.

Smudger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Smudger » 15 Jun 2008, 20:48

The thing is, and this came from a pro conditioner, the effects of alcohol stays in the body for several days, so even allowing a session after a winning match will be detremental to the players training ability for several day afterwords.

I look at our players, and compared to other sides, they look completely spent after 60 minutes. I now put this down to the boozing they do - shameful for professional sportsmen who are paid a lot more than most of us to perform each week.

I never thought I'd say this but I think it's time Terry was sent packing, he obviously has no control over the players and they have little or no regard to either him or us, the fans.

A new brush would hopefully sweep the mess out and at the very least bring some professionalism and pride back to the team.

Sorry Terry, either shape up or ship out mate!
You don't want to do it like that! :) :) :)

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 15 Jun 2008, 20:49

The lads were going to take a picture on there phone but they didnt have a flash on it - All you can be sure of is they were there
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

chodbin
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chodbin » 15 Jun 2008, 20:58

You dont suppose that the football manager out with some of 'his' players and others was anything to do with last weeks poll ?

You know a 'rub it in their faces' plan after we told him what the majority of us think of him, his signings and his ways.

Or is it just me

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 15 Jun 2008, 20:59

chodbin wrote:You dont suppose that the football manager out with some of 'his' players and others was anything to do with last weeks poll ?

You know a 'rub it in their faces' plan after we told him what the majority of us think of him, his signings and his ways.

Or is it just me
I hope so, Because it wont do him or his players any good as the CEO has been made aware and action must be taken
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: AmyBecca88

Post by Amy » 15 Jun 2008, 21:08

The only player that I have heard to be a true sportsman is Westerman, I've heard that he only goes out drinking if the team have a week off.

This drinking culture needs to be put to a stop NOW!
Think of how much money you're on players (McG and Sherwin inparticular), you only get one chance at this career to succeed, dont blow it!
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~
CasForum's Happiest Couple
CasForum's Sexiest Female

newcasfan1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by newcasfan1 » 15 Jun 2008, 21:09

IF all of this is true, and people in the know at the club are made aware, than I would expect to see some action being taken - get a few off em dropped/internally fined etc. There are other lads in the side who aren't doing stuff like this and aren't getting a look in, hardly fair or encouraging for them is it?!!

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 15 Jun 2008, 21:13

their were only one or 2 players out last night. One that I saw for definate and don't remember if anybody else was out as tbh, I really can't remember much of last night but I defiantley remember one player out with MR, Colin Maskell and some other guy who I don't know.

hubys number 1 fan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by hubys number 1 fan » 15 Jun 2008, 21:17

its shocking that your lads do this especially a super league team

i know down here the club has got a 48 hour ban on the lads from drinking before a game, if one is spotted on the pop they are dropped from the team for the upcoming game, made to play reserve team and have to prove they are worthy of getting a place in the 1st team, paul cullen brought this system in at whitehaven in 2000 and has continued ever since then, they also have a 1 or 2 hour drinking ban after a game, this is so they can take fluids back into there bodies they have just lost during the game if its an away game i dont think any drink is allowed on the team bus either,

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 15 Jun 2008, 21:19

if there where eny players out , one word,

DISCUSTING.

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 15 Jun 2008, 21:20

hubys number 1 fan wrote:its shocking that your lads do this especially a super league team
I guess you will never know mate.

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 15 Jun 2008, 23:05

ooo low blow there GB

kirkby lass
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by kirkby lass » 16 Jun 2008, 06:54

danny lad wrote:ooo low blow there GB
A very low blow at least they do something about the drinking if cas had those rules half the team would be dropped

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 16 Jun 2008, 08:55

As has been said,

Fine all the team 3 days wages or something - Its a tough one as were not football and some players arent made of money so you cant take all there weekly income.

BUt if you punish them then they will get stuck into the players who are taking the Michael and hopefully the drinking will stop
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Cas Man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Man » 16 Jun 2008, 09:12

My mate rang me sunday lunchtime before the game who saw Mcgoldrick in a cafe having his breakfast, my mate went over and said to Ryan that he looked a bit rough, as he had seen him out the night before, Ryan said he was very rough, in a few other words...

We both assumed he wouldn't be playing, the state he was in Sunday morning, it was a bit of a shock to hear he was in the starting line up, disgraceful.