Wigan on Saturday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Wigan on Saturday

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Apr 2019, 07:07

They had a good win yesterday we were dreadfull not sure what team we will put out if we can manage to do the basics like not spilling the ball giving away daft penaltys kicking out on the full and so on we might have a chance but I'd have to go with a home win myself for this one
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Wigan on Saturday

Post by old cas lass » 23 Apr 2019, 07:18

Don’t wanna sound negative just being realistic, but can’t see were another win is coming from.
Our team is decimated lacking confidence, it’s gonna be an up hill struggle if we don’t get players back ASAP.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 23 Apr 2019, 08:22

Yes cas are in big trouble

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Apr 2019, 08:59

classycas57 wrote:Yes cas are in big trouble
We been in worse mind ;)
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Apr 2019, 10:11

I'd play a few juniors and not play the injured, we are doing it tough with short turnarounds. Thursday to Monday to Saturday to Friday.. Including a trip to France.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 23 Apr 2019, 10:18

Rankin(if possible)
Minikin
Blair
Mata’utia(hate moving him)
Eden
Trueman
Aston
Watts
Macca
Smith
Clarkson
Meeks
Milner

Maher
Clark
Peachey
Turner

Doesn't look great but can't hurt to try some new things
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Apr 2019, 10:29

the machine wrote:Rankin(if possible)
Minikin
Blair
Mata’utia(hate moving him)
Eden
Trueman
Aston
Watts
Macca
Smith
Clarkson
Meeks
Milner

Maher
Clark
Peachey
Turner

Doesn't look great but can't hurt to try some new things
Is Blair gonna be here.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Apr 2019, 10:50

Blair still not got his visa yet, so won’t be in the team v Wigan.
Any idea how long it takes to get a visa.
I’ve just asked cheyse and he’s still waiting and asnt a clue how long it takes.
Soon as he as it he’s on the first flight over.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 23 Apr 2019, 11:50

Don’t know why some people are pushing for Mata’utia to go to center he is much to slow for the position probably one of the slowest players in super league and after Monday’s performance I question whether he’s the right man for fullback he looked totally disinterested yesterday,I think it shows how big a mistake we made in letting zac go what the answer is I don’t know but I’m sure putting him to Center won’t be it.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 23 Apr 2019, 12:00

I think we’re jusr below par all over the pitch.
The guys don’t look as fit this year, less dynamic and vibrant. No matter how good a coach Daryl is, injuries will always reduce enthusiasm from certain other players when they know we’re badly weakened. That’s life.

Daryl will go on about mental toughness though...personally, I’d be highly delighted if wells came out and said we have a revised plan in mind looking ahead to the next 3 seasons, which inevitably includes surgery to the roster.

If we actually knew the club were trying to get deals over the line ahead of the next season, had several targets alongside stating some players may be leaving and we’re reviewing all aspects of the operation, that would do for me for now.

Anyone with a brain cell knows there’s not much potential for us this season, sincerely & honestly. If we got to old Trafford or Wembley we’d likely be outplayed by one of the top two anyway.

We do need to add to the squad, and we do need to make use of dispensations available to us such as the marquee rule. If the business is performing profitably then further speculation leads to potential accumulation. Otherwise, we *continue* to stagnate....

Right now we’re stuck.
Audacter Et Sincere

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 23 Apr 2019, 13:54

We just look like a side in terminal decline having yet again not pushed on after our brilliant 2017 season. Poor retention and recruitment with some players being paid far more than their worth as left us with very little room on the cap.
Wells early season comments about us not needing to recruit really did sound complacent at the time and now look stupid.
Without radical surgery to the squad we will soon be back to where we were 5 years ago and enjoying our relegation dog fights rather than being contenders.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Apr 2019, 14:17

Anyone heard anything about Liam watts having a possible broken rib/rib injury.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 23 Apr 2019, 14:23

Wish I knew when this Blair was coming over. If it was a footballer a visa would have been sorted over night. Potentially 11 players watching from the stand minimum come Saturday and one watching it on the tele In oz

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 23 Apr 2019, 14:40

Dazzyb wrote:Wish I knew when this Blair was coming over. If it was a footballer a visa would have been sorted over night. Potentially 11 players watching from the stand minimum come Saturday and one watching it on the tele In oz
IF he had been going to the Pies or Saint 0r wire he would have been there overnight visa or no visa

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 23 Apr 2019, 14:52

Sharlotiger wrote:We just look like a side in terminal decline having yet again not pushed on after our brilliant 2017 season. Poor retention and recruitment with some players being paid far more than their worth as left us with very little room on the cap.
Wells early season comments about us not needing to recruit really did sound complacent at the time and now look stupid.
Without radical surgery to the squad we will soon be back to where we were 5 years ago and enjoying our relegation dog fights rather than being contenders.
I agree pal

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 23 Apr 2019, 14:58

Mysterio wrote:I think we’re jusr below par all over the pitch.
The guys don’t look as fit this year, less dynamic and vibrant. No matter how good a coach Daryl is, injuries will always reduce enthusiasm from certain other players when they know we’re badly weakened. That’s life.

Daryl will go on about mental toughness though...personally, I’d be highly delighted if wells came out and said we have a revised plan in mind looking ahead to the next 3 seasons, which inevitably includes surgery to the roster.

If we actually knew the club were trying to get deals over the line ahead of the next season, had several targets alongside stating some players may be leaving and we’re reviewing all aspects of the operation, that would do for me for now.

Anyone with a brain cell knows there’s not much potential for us this season, sincerely & honestly. If we got to old Trafford or Wembley we’d likely be outplayed by one of the top two anyway.

We do need to add to the squad, and we do need to make use of dispensations available to us such as the marquee rule. If the business is performing profitably then further speculation leads to potential accumulation. Otherwise, we *continue* to stagnate....

Right now we’re stuck.
I agree pal

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Apr 2019, 14:59

Dazzyb wrote:Wish I knew when this Blair was coming over. If it was a footballer a visa would have been sorted over night. Potentially 11 players watching from the stand minimum come Saturday and one watching it on the tele In oz
Let's hope he dosnt read this forum or he might well unpack his suitcases and stay put....
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Apr 2019, 15:09

I mean Jesus Christ we all know we've made some mistakes on recruitment and maybe theres one or two issues need sorting but we've got getting on for ten good men out injured a fully fit squad next season with chayse Blair and a couple more good signings we will be rate
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Apr 2019, 15:21

Egodo in for Shenton?

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 23 Apr 2019, 15:47

tigerfeat wrote:I mean Jesus Christ we all know we've made some mistakes on recruitment and maybe theres one or two issues need sorting but we've got getting on for ten good men out injured a fully fit squad next season with chayse Blair and a couple more good signings we will be rate
Very rare do sides have fully fit squads, in 2017 we were lucky , last year and this up to now Saints have been lucky, our problem is we are paying good money out for far too many journeyman due to our lack of investment in to our junior set up thus not having any quality there to step up when the injuries bite.
We have made plenty of mistakes like you say but Saints after their outstanding season didn't make those same mistakes and instead of sitting back on their laurels went out and improved the team bringing in quality additions in Coote, Nagama and Paulo.