yorkshire cup

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

yorkshire cup

Post by flow » 11 Dec 2018, 18:30

just being reading there fetching Yorkshire cup back as a pre season comp do people think cas should take part if invited may be more useful then your normal friendly's. Cas had good record in old Yorkshire cup some good memories .

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: yorkshire cup

Post by Swagger » 11 Dec 2018, 19:10

I would. Beats the boring friendlies. Should be a rule where you must have so many under 20s in squad though.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Dec 2018, 20:29

flow wrote:just being reading there fetching Yorkshire cup back as a pre season comp do people think cas should take part if invited may be more useful then your normal friendly's. Cas had good record in old Yorkshire cup some good memories .
Great idea but maybe have it as a reserve grade comp with a handful of first team players??

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Dec 2018, 21:08

I have always loved cup games, the Yorkshire cup was always a good one to win, what a financial boost for some of the lower placed clubs if they entertained any of the Yorkshire super league clubs, shame we are not in it from the start

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Dec 2018, 09:17

As much as i'd love a proper Yorkshire Cup with all the Yorkshire teams competing, I've no problem with it being just the lower division teams. York are dark horses for it for me.

Although, how good would it be if there was a Yorkshire Cup and Lancashire Cup and both winners played each other in a war of roses final.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Dec 2018, 10:00

US old ones will remember the floodlight cup, John Player besides the Yorkshire cup, it will be argued that the players will have burn out, ask the likes of Clive Dickinson and a few more old players how they managed, when they also had full time employment most in physically demanding jobs

Fearless' Headguard

Post by Fearless' Headguard » 12 Dec 2018, 10:50

Swagger wrote:I would. Beats the boring friendlies. Should be a rule where you must have so many under 20s in squad though.
Good call, the higher the Division the more U20s that you need to play (say min 8 for SL teams, 5 for Champs, full squad for league one)...would be much more interesting, better for young players and good chance for part-time lower league sides to cement their teams pre-season. I see they are doing double-headers too which usually creates some good attendances.
The fearsome hollow boom of the older boys in the deep end, The green shoots of recovery shriveled up in harsh tomorrows, Left to pick dry sticks and mumble to myself, A melancholy emblem of parish cruelty.