May I suggest

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

May I suggest

Post by Di » 26 Apr 2018, 13:32

People take the time to read this article
http://www.totalrl.com/column-as-specul ... y-accused/
In the past few day we have had to remove lots of posts and a couple of threads despite Matt posting about it, we will not as a forum be responsible for any potentially libellous posts made, think before you post, how damaging it could be
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: May I suggest

Post by smarty_tiger » 26 Apr 2018, 13:53

Someone made a thread previously asking why a lot of people do not come on this forum as much. Perhaps it is down to so many childish comments or new posters being attacked over minor technicalities. Maybe it is down to the fact people are posting things they should not be, while not thinking about what damage this could be causing to the accused or their family or the club.

I know a lot of people use this forum as read-only now and it is a real shame. It has always been my go to place to find my info, but not the info that is on it lately.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Apr 2018, 14:30

My post in the rumours thread was removed yet it broke no rules, no one was mentioned by name and it was put in as a rumour.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 26 Apr 2018, 15:59

Di wrote:People take the time to read this article
http://www.totalrl.com/column-as-specul ... y-accused/
In the past few day we have had to remove lots of posts and a couple of threads despite Matt posting about it, we will not as a forum be responsible for any potentially libellous posts made, think before you post, how damaging it could be
Wheres manfredi topic gone ?

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 26 Apr 2018, 16:32

Yet we had 30 plus pages about Hardaker , and a lot of posts about what he'd (allegedly at the time ) done before it was announced by the club etc.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Apr 2018, 17:52

takethetwo wrote:Yet we had 30 plus pages about Hardaker , and a lot of posts about what he'd (allegedly at the time ) done before it was announced by the club etc.
Exactly. When it suits the rules are enforced on here

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 26 Apr 2018, 17:59

Fumper27 wrote:
takethetwo wrote:Yet we had 30 plus pages about Hardaker , and a lot of posts about what he'd (allegedly at the time ) done before it was announced by the club etc.
Some comments were also removed in that thread. The latest press release also informs everyone that it's a police matter not internal or UKAD related.

I've had quite a few letters in the past from solicitors demanding information and threats to take users and myself to court and I don't have the time or money to deal with them so they're removed - end of.

There has also been a fair few posters over the last few months who've caused bother and issues and they'll be dealt with accordingly very soon.

Some users might think that it's a safe haven to post what ever they please but they're wrong. In the past I've protected users against potential legal action and taken steps to mitigate the issues. From now on this won't be the case.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 26 Apr 2018, 18:28

Sadly, the downside of social media, is that people think it’s open season to make public whatever rumour they’ve heard, generally adding allegedly, which they think, covers them, however distasteful or criminal the rumour may be.

If anyone hears of a players wrong doing, then it should be discretely brought to the attention of the club, even the police if it’s serious enough, but not broadcast on a public forum, where it may prejudice any investigation, plus bring the good name of the club and or player down.
Danny Boy

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Apr 2018, 18:32

Danny Boy wrote:Sadly, the downside of social media, is that people think it’s open season to make public whatever rumour they’ve heard, generally adding allegedly, which they think, covers them, however distasteful or criminal the rumour may be.

If anyone hears of a players wrong doing, then it should be discretely brought to the attention of the club, even the police if it’s serious enough, but not broadcast on a public forum, where it may prejudice any investigation, plus bring the good name of the club and or player down.
I agree with everything you have said there.
Unfortunately it’s 2018 and social media is here to stay.
It will only get worse and not better.
Don’t forget, the worlds gone mad, you only have to look at what’s happening to little Alfie.
Madness.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 26 Apr 2018, 19:00

Matt wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Some comments were also removed in that thread. The latest press release also informs everyone that it's a police matter not internal or UKAD related.

I've had quite a few letters in the past from solicitors demanding information and threats to take users and myself to court and I don't have the time or money to deal with them so they're removed - end of.

There has also been a fair few posters over the last few months who've caused bother and issues and they'll be dealt with accordingly very soon.

Some users might think that it's a safe haven to post what ever they please but they're wrong. In the past I've protected users against potential legal action and taken steps to mitigate the issues. From now on this won't be the case.
Are we talking about Eden or Lo lol , I'm lost . Regarding Lo I understand if that one is removed .

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Apr 2018, 19:35

Probs best to scrap the rumour mill fumper got it spot on about a player and got dogs abuse and a week later his rumour was confirmed
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Apr 2018, 19:39

tigerfeat wrote:Probs best to scrap the rumour mill fumper got it spot on about a player and got dogs abuse and a week later his rumour was confirmed
Cheers pal. As I said, the lad who told me had zero reason to lie.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 26 Apr 2018, 21:22

Fumper27 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Probs best to scrap the rumour mill fumper got it spot on about a player and got dogs abuse and a week later his rumour was confirmed
This isn't aimed at you however there's a difference between posting rumours about players joining/leaving and other bits of club information and accusing players of being drug cheats.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Apr 2018, 21:29

Matt wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
This isn't aimed at you however there's a difference between posting rumours about players joining/leaving and other bits of club information and accusing players of being drug cheats.
Noted

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 26 Apr 2018, 21:56

Like many over the years I have commented on some of the subjective and negative remarks of players.
I am also grateful to have a platform where people can share information,banter and occasional character assasination and abuse.
Without the moderators the forum would not exist.
Bit like referees love em ? hate em !
Without them......
So may I suggest we get down to the Old Gal get behind the lads and hopefully have jinjer
weeping into his beer.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 27 Apr 2018, 05:54

Like I said in the last thread , I apologise wholeheartedly for posting what I heard . I wouldn't have put it had I not been asked to spill the beans . Any negative rumours I hear from now on , will not be posted on here as I realise it could seriously upset the family of a wrongly accused player . Over the moon that its not true as we need Greg back asap .