Negative media coverage...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Negative media coverage...

Post by lurcher » 25 Apr 2018, 22:00

if its any help its not drugs related, and maybe, just maybe lo is innocent.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Apr 2018, 22:01

Dixie D wrote:We are an absolute embarrassment and I for one have had enough of funding these losers that don't give a toss about the club or it's supporters. The place is rotten, the shout for in house testing is a fantastic one and will send a clear message we have zero tolerance and if the players don't like it, dont let the door hit ya on the way out. But as happens all too often, a weak statement will be released, weather the storm then onto the next calamity.
Time to get a grip as once again we are going to fall from the brink of greatness to obscurity from poor leadership.
The place is rotten? Overreaction much?
Lo incident has nothing to do with leadership within the club.
As for the drug issues across RL, that is a governing body/cultural issue within the sport, not Cas Tigers alone.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Apr 2018, 22:03

I haven't seen a KR fan write a article about Minns..

Normyford3

Post by Normyford3 » 25 Apr 2018, 22:27

Callum walker you need to step back a little pal, you have your own thread, if anyone is interested in your articles they know where to find them.
Dixie your post is over the top but I do feel your frustration, this with lo needs to be treated as a freak incident, nothing to do with team culture, the failed drugs test rumour would seriously worry me alot more because that would indicate a problem with team culture.
I know we had a great year last season but the damage of signing Zak hardaker could end up being irreversible if we're not careful, what worries me is that the players feel it acceptable to publicly pose with a guy who literally ruined our finest season. I think this rubs salt into the wounds of some of our fans.

Normyford3

Post by Normyford3 » 25 Apr 2018, 22:30

I'm not assuming Gary lo is guilty by the way! I know it's all ifs and buts!

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 26 Apr 2018, 06:37

callum_walker wrote:Thought I'd give my view on it, it's ruining the club's reputation: https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/ ... 30017.html
You do more harm than good giving things like this more coverage.
Maybe it’s time you kept your “articles” to yourself

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 26 Apr 2018, 07:49

callum_walker wrote:Thought I'd give my view on it, it's ruining the club's reputation: https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/ ... 30017.html
Your getting like Thrush...... And I don't mean the feathered kind

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 26 Apr 2018, 09:26

ERG2012 wrote:
Your getting like Thrush...... And I don't mean the feathered kind
Yo can get a cream to get rid of an itchy rash but unfortunately you can't get a cream to remove some of the idiots who post on this forum.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 26 Apr 2018, 12:44

Think sometimes Callum you would do well to just wind your neck in a bit.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 26 Apr 2018, 12:54

Normyford3 wrote:Callum walker you need to step back a little pal, you have your own thread, if anyone is interested in your articles they know where to find them.
Dixie your post is over the top but I do feel your frustration, this with lo needs to be treated as a freak incident, nothing to do with team culture, the failed drugs test rumour would seriously worry me alot more because that would indicate a problem with team culture.
I know we had a great year last season but the damage of signing Zak hardaker could end up being irreversible if we're not careful, what worries me is that the players feel it acceptable to publicly pose with a guy who literally ruined our finest season. I think this rubs salt into the wounds of some of our fans.

I’m sure I heard that Greg Eden was at the family evening event last night and that his mother has refuted any drug test failure claims which are doing the rounds!! Does this now put this rubbish to bed !!!

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 26 Apr 2018, 12:56

Mysterio wrote:
Find it quite irritating that you’d use this as an opportunity to write another article and flog it on the forum

I disagree.

Normyford3

Post by Normyford3 » 26 Apr 2018, 13:01

Tigerwood posse wrote:
Normyford3 wrote:Callum walker you need to step back a little pal, you have your own thread, if anyone is interested in your articles they know where to find them.

I’m sure I heard that Greg Eden was at the family evening event last night and that his mother has refuted any drug test failure claims which are doing the rounds!! Does this now put this rubbish to bed !!!
Yes I think it's fair to say that the greg Eden rumour is bs! I'm glad that it looks like I have been told a few porkies! Lol good job too because we are missing Greg big time at the minute, we currently have no pace in the team!!!

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 26 Apr 2018, 13:02

You have summed up the public position pretty well. Perhaps though you could have mentioned that it is NOT just Cas that has the occasional problem with players' behaviour.

Look at the few weeks that Hull FC have had, Getting rid of their best prop and then their star play is filmed completely out of his box, abusing people. And, to compound his felony he was in a Mcdonalds!!!!!

Decent read though.
cum on you Ford

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 26 Apr 2018, 13:07

Squaddie86 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Find it quite irritating that you’d use this as an opportunity to write another article and flog it on the forum

I disagree.
Good for you Rambo
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Apr 2018, 13:16

cas are easy targets after the hardaker buisness i agree about the in house testing and cas taking the lead in this or being seen now to be taking the lead in this issue
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Apr 2018, 13:40

As we are reliant on pure speculation over the Gary Incident it's hard to make accurate comments but how on earth can the Club control the type of behavior being alleged.

I'm pretty sure the Club certainly are not advising players that that type of behavior is acceptable.

Nothing more than coincidence...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Apr 2018, 13:43

Meant payers being accused wrongly of failing drug tests ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Rogues Gallery

Post by Rogues Gallery » 26 Apr 2018, 17:56

Do you really believe that clubs don't do in house tests? The problem is that things are kept quiet for obvious reasons.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 26 Apr 2018, 21:45

Well Callum I think you are the spokesperson for Cas fans your not.
No it never been dull being a Cas fan but Ten points clear LLS Winners is not a wrong reason .
Just listening to the Sky team drooling over the drug cheat Ben Barba going to win tonights MOM
Touted to be MOS.Would be a very poor message.
Callum do you have journalistic qualifications?other than on here and forums have you anything in print.
Some of your articles are interesting but as you have been asked before stop proliferating all over the forum.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Apr 2018, 23:34

what gets me about all this is football. there are far more pro football clubs than rugby league. the players are on incredible money to spend on what they want but we never hear of them failing drug tests.
jo brand is eddie warings love child