Wakey on friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Wakey on friday

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Apr 2018, 08:39

Trueman
minikin
webster
shenton
lo
ellis
gale
watts
mcshane
massey
holmes
wardle
foster

Millington
Mckmeeken
moors
cook

If all them guys are good to go ..convincing home win for me
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Wakey on friday

Post by gateman » 22 Apr 2018, 08:58

i think you are right leaving Benny out the lad seems well of the pace, Trueman to me is not the answer to our full back problem long term but we will have to persevere till we hopefully sign some one

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Apr 2018, 09:30

tigerfeat wrote:Trueman
minikin
webster
shenton
lo
ellis
gale
watts
mcshane
massey
holmes
wardle
foster

Millington
Mckmeeken
moors
cook

trueman
minikin
wardle
shenton
lo
ellis
gale
watts
mcshane
massey
holmes
Mckmeeken
foster

Millington
springer
moors
cook

Webster needs a rest
Milner need dropping (penalty machine at moment)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Apr 2018, 09:37

Yeah be happy to go with that mate , just had it in my mind that webster might have a blinder on friday
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 22 Apr 2018, 13:05

gateman wrote:i think you are right leaving Benny out the lad seems well of the pace, Trueman to me is not the answer to our full back problem long term but we will have to persevere till we hopefully sign some one
Problem with trueman is defences seem to know hes always guna pass so they just wait for it, some times he needs to throw a dummy n go for line just to keep defences guessing.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 22 Apr 2018, 14:25

jackknife wrote:
gateman wrote:i think you are right leaving Benny out the lad seems well of the pace, Trueman to me is not the answer to our full back problem long term but we will have to persevere till we hopefully sign some one
Problem with trueman is defences seem to know hes always guna pass so they just wait for it, some times he needs to throw a dummy n go for line just to keep defences guessing.
Tbh don't want to criticise Trueman much really. Done a sterling job, esp under high ball in the main. Still not convinced he is the answer though but I realise he will learn. I did think on Friday he passed too early on a couple of occasions second half and took away any chance of creating an overlap. Promising kid. Hope he can become our 1st choice stand off.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 22 Apr 2018, 15:08

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
jackknife wrote:
Tbh don't want to criticise Trueman much really. Done a sterling job, esp under high ball in the main. Still not convinced he is the answer though but I realise he will learn. I did think on Friday he passed too early on a couple of occasions second half and took away any chance of creating an overlap. Promising kid. Hope he can become our 1st choice stand off.

he also drew the winger perfectly before passing to Lo for his try..

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 22 Apr 2018, 16:03

Webster dropped. Milner dropped. Ellis for Roberts. Trueman not the answers at full back.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Apr 2018, 16:23

Trueman
Minikin
Wardle
Shenton
Lo
Ellis
Gale
Watts
Macca
Cook
Holmes
Foster
Milner

Mcmeeken
Springer
Massey
Millo

The last two picking up knocks I'd start on bench if fit to try and look after em
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 22 Apr 2018, 17:45

Casmoley wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
jackknife wrote:

he also drew the winger perfectly before passing to Lo for his try..
Yes very true. Did well in that situation. Not so much in second half in attack though..
But like I said, very promising. My hangover from wwtching Hardaker still not recovered.
I suppose it woukd be easier for Trueman if we had halves on fire, causing threats.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Apr 2018, 18:38

classysupercas3 wrote:Webster dropped. Milner dropped. Ellis for Roberts. Trueman not the answers at full back.

We know he is not. Give the lad a break. Hes 18 and doing a fantastic job for us. Far better than roberts was doing.

He will take over at 6 once roberts finishes in next 2yrs.

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 23 Apr 2018, 16:23

Trueman
Minikin
Wardle
Shenton
Lo
Ellis
Gale
Watts
Mcshane
Cook
Holmes
Mcmeeken
Foster

Millington
Moors
Jsl
Massey

Give Webster a weeks rest and drop Roberts and Milner who have been poor for a while now

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 23 Apr 2018, 17:08

Makes no sense dropping webster unless he’s injured.any player worth their salt who have a bad game will give that little bit extra in the next one to make up for it.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 23 Apr 2018, 17:11

Webster probably won't drop a performance like that ever again, even if he played blindfolded. Friday was a genuine one off from the big man. He does however need a breather at some point. I personally thought we could of rested him against Catalan, ready for the Wigan game. However, he seems to save his best performances for Wakefield, he scored 4 against them last year at home.

BCT
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Wheldon Road End - The side bit next to the main stand

Post by BCT » 23 Apr 2018, 20:22

Can't see him dropping Benny. I'd like to see Ellis given a chance again as I thought his kicking game has been good for us when he has played. Wouldn't mind seeing Ellis on the bench and use him as an interchange hooker for Mcshane. Or even Benny going in at 9 from the subs bench. It's something I feel we miss (interchanging Mcshane) Not that I'm saying he's not an 80 minute hooker but giving him a breather for 10 / 15 minutes can't harm.
Cas Until I Die

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 23 Apr 2018, 20:25

BCT wrote:Can't see him dropping Benny. I'd like to see Ellis given a chance again as I thought his kicking game has been good for us when he has played. Wouldn't mind seeing Ellis on the bench and use him as an interchange hooker for Mcshane. Or even Benny going in at 9 from the subs bench. It's something I feel we miss (interchanging Mcshane) Not that I'm saying he's not an 80 minute hooker but giving him a breather for 10 / 15 minutes can't harm.

now this won't happen. McShane is the most important player in our team. we would be shocking for the period he would be off the field.

Est.1926

Post by Est.1926 » 23 Apr 2018, 20:37

tigerfeat wrote:Trueman
minikin
webster
shenton
lo
ellis
gale
watts
mcshane
massey
holmes
wardle
foster

Millington
Mckmeeken
moors
cook

1. Trueman
2. Minikin
3. Wardle
4. Shenton
5. Clare
6. Ellis
7. Gale
8. Watts
9. McShane
10. Moors
11. Holmes
12. Foster
13. Milner
Bench
14. Cook
15. Millington [if fit] or Springer/Green
16. Sene-Leafo [if fit] or egodo to centre an wardle to SR with foster on bench
17. McMeeken

It’s the last

Post by It’s the last » 24 Apr 2018, 09:10

I would be tempted to give millo a rest this week

I know he’s so important to go forward but he was struggling after that knock against Wigan no need risk players that are not fit

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 24 Apr 2018, 09:34

We should start with

Cook
McShane
Watts

Swapping with Milo & Moors

wardle holmes

foster

rest bench
McMeeken
JSL if fit or Massey

Ellis for Roberts

If Webbo gets a rest replace with Wardle and add Milner to the bench with McMeeks to SR

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 24 Apr 2018, 10:05

Wardle has played most of his rugby at left side centre and Shenton done if the few good right centres. I think Shenton is better on the right defending where most teams attack.