POSITIVE COMMENTS ONLY PLEASE

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SY Tiger

POSITIVE COMMENTS ONLY PLEASE

Post by SY Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 23:24

The decision has been made so we are where we are.
Whether as a supporter I agree or don't agree it does not matter because what the club has got is integrity. They gave ZH a chance and he bombed it big time so we move on. No waiting 2 years or however long for ZH to be available and still then it would be a risk.

It is now the job of the COACHING STAFF, PLAYERS AND SUPPORTERS to dust themselves down and MOVE ON TOGETHER.
We have seen what this squad can do. Maybe with everything going on this year it may be a big ask for a season like last year but for Castleford Tigers the future is bright.
A great squad
A great coach
A great set of supporters
A great Old Girl of a Stadium but a Spanking New one on the horizon
HAPPY DAYS :D :D

I have started this thread hoping for all Positive comments only on here.
Please no negative, there are plenty of threads out there for the Negative Comments.
Heres Hoping :pray:

Saulbic

Re: POSITIVE COMMENTS ONLY PLEASE

Post by Saulbic » 21 Feb 2018, 23:27

We're doomed

SY Tiger

Post by SY Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 23:36

Whether a joke or not my friend, I for one don't find some of the comments funny especially from a Tigers supporter (If you are one)

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 23:48

You are very good at telling people what they are and what they should do arent you?,

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 22 Feb 2018, 00:26

We paid 150k for zac and he and the team gave us a season to remember for years to come. Money well spent

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 22 Feb 2018, 00:38

we got money for snake
match day money was up
extra money from tickets to away games
LLS money
money saved on zac contract
spent 150k dont think we lost much
look at end of season
team of year
coach of year
AGT again to luke gale
MOS also a cas player in luke gale
this is just a set back dp we trust you
see you saturday tigers are for life not just in good time

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Feb 2018, 02:28

Walking back after beating Saints
I spoke to a lady and her grandson.
I said to him in years to come one cold dark night you will be able to say
I was theret l witnessed the greatest game the greatest atmosphere ever seen at a sporting fixture.
Last season was awesome. Yes we blobbed at Old Trafford
If we could replicate last season again would we swap it would you?
I would not never have l walked to the old girl with higher expectations than I did last year.
It's not easy being a Cas fan but last season it was truly a privilege

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Feb 2018, 09:14

The daily Mirror reports this morning that Daryl as turned down a chance to be part of the England set up, i thought he would have given it a go seeing its only part time

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 22 Feb 2018, 09:20

On a positive note we have a massive part of the salary cap to use :dance:
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 22 Feb 2018, 10:47

We didn't lose out on paying 150k for Zak. We won the league which was 100k plus we got put on sky more often than not due to our great play. Shirt sales for Zak would have been high, Grand final appearance.....

I'm confident to say we would not have won the league and made the GF if we didn't have Zak. So Yeh we paid 150k for a 1 year guy but we got that back for sure.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Feb 2018, 11:15

InTheKnow wrote:We didn't lose out on paying 150k for Zak. We won the league which was 100k plus we got put on sky more often than not due to our great play. Shirt sales for Zak would have been high, Grand final appearance.....

I'm confident to say we would not have won the league and made the GF if we didn't have Zak. So Yeh we paid 150k for a 1 year guy but we got that back for sure.
This :clap: :clap:

Been saying the same myself
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 22 Feb 2018, 12:39

InTheKnow wrote:We didn't lose out on paying 150k for Zak. We won the league which was 100k plus we got put on sky more often than not due to our great play. Shirt sales for Zak would have been high, Grand final appearance.....

On the other hand we had him on loan for free for a full season so we could have won all we did and it not cost us a penny in transfer fees. So it is around £150K lost.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 22 Feb 2018, 13:03

castigers2010 wrote:

On the other hand we had him on loan for free for a full season so we could have won all we did and it not cost us a penny in transfer fees. So it is around £150K lost.
Didn't we only have til a certain date to agree to sign Zak? If so then that may be the reason we decided to sign him up.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Feb 2018, 13:31

InTheKnow wrote:
castigers2010 wrote:

Didn't we only have til a certain date to agree to sign Zak? If so then that may be the reason we decided to sign him up.

He was on loan for 2017 season (so end of Oct) with a price agreed in advance with Leeds. We choose to buy and pay Leeds in July. So yes if we had waited until later on we would have spent nothing, lost nothing but actually gained alot of cash due to LLS, GF appearance, increased gates, merchandise sales etc etc

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 22 Feb 2018, 13:40

Kind of looking at it like this:
-Hardaker was the main difference maker last year.
-We paid 150k for him for one season.
-We won the league for the first time in our history.
-The LLS got us 100k back.
-So it cost us 50k to win the league.
I'll take that. Best season ever (except the final week). Worth it.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Feb 2018, 13:48

I've just had some cream cake! :D
Spreading the Cas gene pool

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 22 Feb 2018, 17:01

SY Tiger wrote:Whether a joke or not my friend, I for one don't find some of the comments funny especially from a Tigers supporter (If you are one)
SY mate, all genuine Cas fans are with you, I have thought for a while some of the posters on here are Cats in a Tiger skin.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 22 Feb 2018, 17:05

fast hands wrote:
SY Tiger wrote:Whether a joke or not my friend, I for one don't find some of the comments funny especially from a Tigers supporter (If you are one)
SY mate, all genuine Cas fans are with you, I have thought for a while some of the posters on here are Cats in a Tiger skin.
Catalans fans?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Feb 2018, 17:28

fords wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
castigers2010 wrote:

He was on loan for 2017 season (so end of Oct) with a price agreed in advance with Leeds. We choose to buy and pay Leeds in July. So yes if we had waited until later on we would have spent nothing, lost nothing but actually gained alot of cash due to LLS, GF appearance, increased gates, merchandise sales etc etc
Didn’t we pay a loan fee, around £60,000 I think, for ZH? If so, he fulfilled the loan deal (with the exception of one game) and helped us to win the LLS, whose prize money more than covered the other £90,000 we paid out.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 22 Feb 2018, 17:45

JIN JER wrote:
fast hands wrote:
Catalans fans?
At least JIN JER you don't hide your colours,