New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Dez » 08 Jan 2018, 19:03

And the touch paper is lit :oops:

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Jan 2018, 19:39

No News, is NOT good News

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 08 Jan 2018, 23:40

stuey wrote:Any bets on Wakefield getting their new ground before us!!

11 years on (2007 according to Wikapeadia) and still not a brick laid at our new ground.
Wish I had a fishing emoji. :)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Jan 2018, 01:15

11 years on (2007 according to Wikapeadia) and still not a brick laid at our new ground.
you are including the site at the other side in your 2007 quote(near Freeport) which was never going to happen. this one will 100%
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Jan 2018, 13:21

Trust me, the wheels are turning, albeit a tad slowly.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Jan 2018, 14:48

Less than that.

That's the timeframe from the Waystone project, which ended in around 2014.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 16 Jan 2018, 12:35

Lateral is a company it’s aim is to make money
When the business plan for the new development was put together the retail business was different companies were fighting for retail space and paying a high premium to aquire retail space the market has changed and with the online shopping taking off companies are no longer fighting for retail space in fact if they want any new retail space they only pay a very low price so lateral profit forecast must be severely hit then the cost of meterials wages and interest rates rising is also a hit on any profits lateral may have forecast with the council fully supportive there has got to be a question can lateral raise the money for lateral to make a profit and proceed with this much needed development to give Castleford a new ground
The club along with lateral need to tell us fans the truth
COYF

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 16 Jan 2018, 13:20

Although I agree with the above that profit projections would have been based on a significantly different retail experience - recent findings for high street sales still indicate a willingness to shop in person rather than on the internet.

This years Xmas sales are a prime example - the majority of large centres were still reporting high - if not increased visitor numbers compared to last year.

Even if people then spend on-line once they have seen the product in the flesh, the high street is acting as a show room for products - something which the vast majority of the high street stores still need - would you consider buying a sofa for £1000 per say with out ever sitting on it? Next, John Lewis, M&S et all still need retail space.

But they will not commit to a project until they have an idea of the demand in a location - which has been affected by uncertainty in the economy

The problem with raising finance is not based on profitability projections, the UK economy is still growing (albeit slowly) - it is based in un-certainty caused by Brexit.

Banks and pension funds need to know what's going on with access to currency and financial markets before they will consider lending to firms for long term projects (10 - 20 year returns). Like it or not Brexit has caused un-certainty - which until removed from capital markets will slow down large scale financing decisions.

This is not just an issue with our plans but I dare say many such developments - just look at the development at Thorpe Park - its grinding along slowly - just not as fast as people would like

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 Jan 2018, 14:15

My business knowledge regards our proposed ground is very limited, so I will leave it to the knowledgeable scribes on the forum to keep us up to speed on what is happening.
What I would like is someone with a few hundred million pounds who would be willing to resurrect the old girl down the lane. Don't like what I am seeing over at Headingley but,good luck to them, because in the space of a few months, a new stand, demolished and rebuilt to an high standard, and their main stand with a complete overall being ready or thereabouts for the new season give or take a couple of games to be played at Elland Road. Please someone answer our prayers and come and get on board, you won't regret it and to watch Classy Cas will be satisfaction for you, and give the best fans in the world, what we dream of and deserve.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 16 Jan 2018, 14:32

Well if what was said years ago is true it could have been us not Leeds having caddicks money. He "allegedly" was turned down by the cas board when he wanted to invest. He went to Leeds instead and the rest is history as they say

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 Jan 2018, 14:52

chesterfieldtiger wrote:Well if what was said years ago is true it could have been us not Leeds having caddicks money. He "allegedly" was turned down by the cas board when he wanted to invest. He went to Leeds instead and the rest is history as they say
I believe that to be correct.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Jan 2018, 15:07

I believe that to be correct. Been debate around this a few times over the years.

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 16 Jan 2018, 16:10

Although Brexit May influence banks and pension funds I do believe brexit is too easily used when things don’t your way the main thing banks and pension funds are water tight contracts with no escape clauses to loan money against, other developments like hopefully our don’t have to fund a new stadium and alter a major motorway junction and other roads the costs are rising and the income is decreasing with lateral already indebt to the tune of around £7m there must be a major doubt weather it’s economical to proceed hope Iam wrong because the club need a new ground to ensure super league status

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Jan 2018, 16:17

Well, I haven't a clue on any of the 'ins and outs' of whats going on, but I'm still firmly in the camp of 'I'll believe it when I'm stood in it'

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Jan 2018, 16:25

derbystiger wrote:Well, I haven't a clue on any of the 'ins and outs' of whats going on, but I'm still firmly in the camp of 'I'll believe it when I'm stood in it'

I’m in the same camp.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jan 2018, 16:32

old cas lass wrote:
derbystiger wrote:Well, I haven't a clue on any of the 'ins and outs' of whats going on, but I'm still firmly in the camp of 'I'll believe it when I'm stood in it'

I’m in the same camp.
Ditto
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 17 Jan 2018, 00:12

i said from day 1 its a pipe dream and i see nothing that
makes me change my mind

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 17 Jan 2018, 01:00

The principle of developing this site has been accepted by the local planning authority, so it is possible to switch the emphasis from retail to light industry, housing or mixed use: bit of retail, little industry and some housing. Would need some juggling but it could be done if the Council, LEP etc were supportive.
cum on you Ford

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Jan 2018, 09:19

The Saga, of the stadium is like reading a story with no end, our hopes are built up a time is set for some movement only for it be extended AGAIN and AGAIN , as now with no INFO coming from either the club or builders i think we are at WELDON RD for the long haul , i hope i am wrong

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Jan 2018, 09:52

As much as Steve Gill as admittedly turned the club around, he is living in a dream world when he said we would be in a new stadium by 2020. Didn't he come out last year in an interview and say we had so many games left at WR? he strikes me as a man that will say whatever to get the fans on side short term.