Luke Gale answers our critics

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
dannycampbellsshorts

Re: Luke Gale answers our critics

Post by dannycampbellsshorts » 23 Aug 2017, 22:19

Junction it matter not to me who wins the LLS. Once upon a time, it did. If you are of an age to recall Central Park it had an honours board that reflected a history of success. As a youngster I was reminded of the rich history on a regular basis. Anybody who understood the history of Wigan RLFC would never accuse a Wigan fan of jealousy for making themselves look incredibly stupid.

I do apologise for pointing out the obvious and reality. Jealousy tends to come from castleford fans and has for decades. Cas fans tend to focus blame upon Maurice Lindsay but not one Castleford fan or club figure has ever spoken out since SKY destroyed RL. Arguable, Cas have been compliant in shorring up the RFL even when Ian lennigan finally grew a set and started speaking up. Where was Cas, you? stroking Nigel Woods bottom?

To repeat I have enjoyed watching Castleford throughout 2017. I hope Cas do not mirror Huddersfield and rely on a meaningless LLS. Surely, the rugby they have played deserves better? I hope you enjoy Wembley this weekend and remember that Castleford eliminated from a possible trophy, long before the LLS or the hub cap as it is commonly known.

If you wamt some help with your delusion. The Challenge Cup; cowardly Hepworth in 1970. Probably the only time I have wished ill on a Castleford player. Not even Sampson on Skerrett.I still smile watching / listening to Mick Morgans now banned commentary on Stuart Cummings. Shame as Mick did a good job at RL Roadshows etc on behalf of the Daily Mirror.

Bottom line is if you are a Wigan fan you can never be jealous, not even of St George. After all it would be greedy and silly. Luckily, Wigan have been generating media coverage that you can only dream of and oblivious to for over a century but particularly from 1985 onwards. No need to thank Wigan for carrying RL and clubs like Cas :hand:

dannycampbellsshorts

Post by dannycampbellsshorts » 23 Aug 2017, 22:41

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Anyone who claims winning the league is meaningless is utterly crazy and have clearly not seen the celebrations last week or for several other teams who won it in the last few years.
Been there umpteen times and yes it is meaningless since SKY took over RL. For sure players make pretend comments but ask any Castleford, any player honestly and they will tell you that a CC Final or a GF victory means far more to them. Tad worred that Cas fans here think LLS = job done. Surely you have ambition and goals. Cas winning a GF would be a real achievement, so much more than a LLS that it makes deluded ccmments silly, stupid even. Did delusion lead to an early ecit in the CC, a SL Gf?

So Cas fans will be telling their children I remember when we won the hub cap. The real achievement will be you will have to remind children of Wheldon Road as Wigan fans do of Central Park if a new Castlford ground becomes reality. Apologies for telling it as it is. The LLS is now meaningless, increadingly the CC is going that way, some worrying rumours that some 'people of influence' now question removing the CC Final from Wembley. Personally, I wish the championship winners mattered. The premiership end of season competition were irrelevant and meaningless. The WCC, a fantastic evening but beating Cronulla pre season was meaningless. Whether Catleford win the Gf, they have played the best RL by a country mile in a competition where quality and standard have declined season after season for several years. Speaking the truth; reality is nothing to be ashamed of. Try it in all walks of life and enough do you never know we hve a better country. Delusion is fine for the blind.

Try this; Castleford did not need a hub cap to tell them they have been the best team in SL in 2017, the most entertaining team in 2017. What is the alternative? Sign yourself Gary Schofield and write deluded articles in the League Express?

dannycampbellsshorts

Post by dannycampbellsshorts » 23 Aug 2017, 22:51

St Albans tiger wrote:Just read Cameron Smiths comments about the minor Premiers comp in Australia. They almost mirror those of DP. Granted he goes on to say how important the Grand final is but he certainly indicates that coming top of the pile is an indication of consistency and quality. Is that not the purpose of having a league in the first place.

Just because the Grand final is a blue ribbon event (probably as its a one off game and therefore better for tv viewing numbers) should not devalue the importance of coming top of the league.

Perhaps if the winner of the LLS went straight into the final at Old Trafford then it would suddenly become really important
The problem Cam Smith has is despite being the best hooker in modern day RL world wide, a possible NRL immortal that he played for Melourne Storm whose records were subsquently removed. Luckily, if you ever get the opportunity ask Cam ifthe State of Origin dominance was more important? more important that a Green & Gold shirt. More important to win a best of three contest between two teams than finishing top of the NRL regular season ladder.

Be honest, never delude yourself whether your club finished bottom or top.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 23 Aug 2017, 23:23

dannycampbellsshorts wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:I think the celebration of LLS had increased over the last two or three seasons possibly helped by increased financial reward and the chance to play Aussie opposition
Certainly players' celebrations after winning it have been more upbeat for a while
Only seen it celebrated hugely by Huddersfield. It is wrong but sadly the reality of RL today.
Google Wigan League Leaders.

Go to images.

Congratulations you've now seen it celebrated by Wigan.

Repeat for any previous winners of the LLS.

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 23 Aug 2017, 23:32

warrington-wolves-super-league_3792810.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD-GIANTS-V-LEEDS-RHINOS.jpg
Cos no one ever celebrates the LLS
Utter BS
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 23 Aug 2017, 23:44

Why is this idiot still allowed to post on here and why is an admin responding to his utter arrogance and conceited ramblings?

People are and have been banned and/or kicked off for far less.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 23 Aug 2017, 23:52

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Why is this idiot still allowed to post on here and why is an admin responding to his utter arrogance and conceited ramblings?

Hate to say it but I don't think he has done anything wrong as far as board operating rules go.
However factually he is massively wrong firstly getting Sampson mixed up with Hay, Cummings confused with Campbell. Saying Wigan don't celebrate the LLS.
Leave the troll do not feed! He will soon go back under his rock.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 23 Aug 2017, 23:59

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Why is this idiot still allowed to post on here and why is an admin responding to his utter arrogance and conceited ramblings?

He/she is on our forum for one simple reason...Cas are making headlines and the "big boys" are envious.

There are three trophies on offer, we have one, and we'll celebrate. If Wigan beat Hull, they'll celebrate, if Hull win Danny will join their forum to belittle their achievement.

Wigan are a great club, almost always have been, but then with their resources, should always be. I fail to comprehend why we beat them so frequently.

dannycampbellsshorts

Post by dannycampbellsshorts » 24 Aug 2017, 00:01

SuffolkTiger wrote:
dannycampbellsshorts wrote:SADLY the LLS is meaningless for everyone bar clubs enjoying their first and/or only success. Huddersfield and Castleford. It is wrong but anybody who thinks they can suddenly make the LLS meaningful is deluded. Back in the day the Premiership wak akin to the GF but SKY with the blessing of the RFL and member clubs including Castleford decided otherwise.

Not even sure the CC has the value it once rightly had. Who knows maybe the million pound game is the most important prize in RL today. Crazy but the RFL and all member clubs decided so.
Wow! What a joyously positive outlook on our sport. You sound like you're great fun.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but you're way off track. Your post is embarrassing and bitter. You're simply not understanding what's happened. It's not just about the LLS - it's about this:

- The way we've played the game
- The way the club has gone about it's business on and off the park
- The way that DP has galvanised a group of honest pro's - most of who weren't rated
- The fact we are a small town club with a tired but atmospheric ground that has overwhelmed some of our big city neighbours
- The way that our supporters have travelled everywhere in huge numbers - even at the start of the season when finishing top was just a beer fuelled dream
- The way that guys with integrity like DP and Steve Gill have gone about their work and remained humble.

Meaningless? The praise from other players, coaches, fans, the media and even from my work colleagues in the home counties says that they understand what we've done and they are delighted for us. It's probably not in your nature but you might want to try and have a more positive posture.

I'm extremely proud of what we've done and how we've done it. Nobody will ever change that.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
As you say everybody is entitled to their opinion. I am sure most fans readers will think why when you are replying to a post about the LLS being meaningless do you then attempt to justify the LLS when ever one of your justifications;

- The way we've played the game
- The way the club has gone about it's business on and off the park
- The way that DP has galvanised a group of honest pro's - most of who weren't rated
- The fact we are a small town club with a tired but atmospheric ground that has overwhelmed some of our big city neighbours
- The way that our supporters have travelled everywhere in huge numbers - even at the start of the season when finishing top was just a beer fuelled dream
- The way that guys with integrity like DP and Steve Gill have gone about their work and remained humble.

Does not necessitate a LLS. So Do please explain why you need a LLS to tell you how well Cas have played in 2017? I don't and that is my point.I can come here, I cam stand face to face and say how fantastic Cas have played in 2017 but I can happily say and JUSTIFY that winning the LLS is meaningless, The over whelming majority of RL fans runnish the hub cap. I know CAS fans until 2017 have adopted EXACTLY the same view. Smacks of hypocrisy does it not? Very often the best team to watch, the most entertaining is not the most successful. Warrington fit the bill or would you pretend that Wire have not been the most entertaining team in previous seasons? Oh wait for daring to speak and justify an opinion I am bitter. For satying how fantastic Cas have played in 2017 I am bitter. GROW A SET.

The LLS is meaningless. It always has been since SKY owned RL and not once can you find a post here, elsewhere demanding hange, stating honestly the truth and you say whoa anybody dare not to kiss my feet and shower me with sycophantic [REMOVED] is biter. GROW A SET.

Cas have been eliminated from the CC. Whether Cas win or fail to win the GF will be irrelevant and meaningless to the fact that Cas have played the most entertaing RL in SL in 2017. Yet you seem unable to grasp and accept that the club you support has played the most entertaing RL in 2017. Apologies for the vulgar analogy but you do not have to have the longest penis to say you are a love God! Nobody can take away from Castleford that they have played the most entertaing RL in SL 2017. Personally, I think Powell has proven his ability at both Featherstone and Castleford and possibly offered an alternative to a successful playing style in this SL era If Cas fail to win the GF then no CC and no GF victories does not mean it has not been a successful and entertaining season for Castleford.

Some of your justifications are very subjective but opinions are ... For example the size of Wheldon Road (pitch) IMO is a great asset to Cas. One could counter that view and say but look at our away record. You make some sweeping unproven statements about people and club. If I wanted to upset you I would take you to task but I am not in the business of destroying your myths. I live in a small town, a mining town, I just choose not to play that card. Have you ever considered that the comedic small time town became so passionate and so successful at RL because it was proud to be able to say to whomever, we have an incredibly successful RL town and has produced countless of RL players for countless towns and for the nation. So poor old Cas do not ask for pity to be shown. Instead, be proud.

I do not casre if Gill or Powell stood in front of me. The LLS is meaningless. Standards in SL have been deteriourating for the best part of a decade. We remain well behind Australia internationally, the closest being when powell was playing and the gap is widening not narrowing. The sport is poorly managed at all levels, the winning criteria is arguably unfair and wrong but for all its faults, Cas have played outstanding RL in 2017 and nobody can take that away. It matter not whether or not Cas win the GF at OT.

Not bitter. Prefer Mild! but swallowing deluded bullpoop NO Luckily 'the way that our supporters have travelled everywhere in huge numbers - even at the start of the season when finishing top was just a beer fuelled dream' will mean that huge number of Cas fans will travel to watch the Academy GF. I do not need a GF shield to tell me that Wigan have been the outstanding Academy / Junior set up / team in SL just as Cas have been the most entertaining SL team in 2017.

Failing that you can throw abuse. Bitter arrogant bar steward for daring to offer an opinion, a justified one.a scary one that might force some people to accept the truth.

dannycampbellsshorts

Post by dannycampbellsshorts » 24 Aug 2017, 00:06

So if anybody dares to post anything ou disagree with; the answer is scream BAN them. Off to the stocks with them. Why are you afraid of freedom of speech. Several Cas member have said you know what I do not agree with some of your POV but thanks for posting and offering an alternative opinion. Contact Trump, you seem to have the ideal attributes for killing democracy and freedom of speech.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Aug 2017, 00:09

So you came on to a wholly Cas forum to basically ridicule our achievement and expected a rousing applause?

Of course it wasn't going to happen. Just like I wouldn't go on to a Wigan forum and make a post calling your side dirty, cheating, salary cap dodging thugs and expect a positive reply back.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 24 Aug 2017, 00:28

So if anybody dares to post anything ou disagree with; the answer is scream BAN them. Off to the stocks with them. Why are you afraid of freedom of speech. Several Cas member have said you know what I do not agree with some of your POV but thanks for posting and offering an alternative opinion. Contact Trump, you seem to have the ideal attributes for killing democracy and freedom of speech.
Again, you're missing the point. The fact that you need to come on this forum and post the stuff you have - especially the length of the posts - is very strange behaviour. It's uncomfortable and a little worrying to be honest.

A genuine question - have you really not got anything better to do?

dannycampbellsshorts

Post by dannycampbellsshorts » 24 Aug 2017, 00:44

cogito ergo sum wrote:

He/she is on our forum for one simple reason...Cas are making headlines and the "big boys" are envious.

There are three trophies on offer, we have one, and we'll celebrate. If Wigan beat Hull, they'll celebrate, if Hull win Danny will join their forum to belittle their achievement.

Wigan are a great club, almost always have been, but then with their resources, should always be. I fail to comprehend why we beat them so frequently.
Your answer for following the forum rules and offering opinions you disagree with to BAN THEM. Tolerance? freedom of speech? To correct you. I tried to read you forum elsewhere and found a link to this forum. I was looking to discuss the academy GF No envy, no bitterness. A RL fan loking to discuss RL. Unless you missed the obvious I have admired Cas in the past but particularly in 2017.

What is some member obsession with lack of size. Cas have never been a small club IMO Not sure there any big boy in RL. Famous in the case of Wigan due to players and success, famous in the case of Cas for playing style; Classy Cas

Trophies? Apparemtly according to Wigan there are 4. Wigan v Cronulla. Personally, an enjoyable evening but I do not think celebrating beating an NRL club pre season, missing a fantastic player, playing the 2017 squad as opposed to their GF winning team is an amazing achievement. Would I celebrate or need validation of a hunbcap LLS to tell me that Cas have been the most entertaining team in 2017 or that SL has been declining for several easons. My poimy was very simple. Cas do not need the LLS to state the obvious nor do I need it in the season Wigan have won it to tell me something. IMO the only club ever required the LLS as Huddersfield in the modern era. To be honest I would not need itif I was a Huddersfielf fan and understand the historic success of the club. The CC, if it is as entertaining as 85 then great. I remember how gloom the Widnes fans were in 1984 even in a dull routine victory. Do I or Hull fans want a 2013? No win or lose. I, the vast majority of Wigan and Hull fans will shake hand win or lose etc Like most RL fans I attend the CC every year whomever makes the final, I may even she a tear singing Abide With Me OMG I forgot I dared to post on a forum where people hurl abuse, demand bircging, ban for dare expressing an opinion. Is that what you are about?

You are correct. Wigan are a great club and always have been irrespective of what happens off the pitch. Luckily the barren seasons are brief (division 2) Financial resources does not equate to success. It never has. Never will. Finances ten to be generate from within, by fans. The great thing is that the adage a successful Wigan = a successful RL holds true. Onsome fronts you ould argue the same for Cas.

Lofthouse nothing to e afraid of. No need for a zealot screaming hang him, burn him. No Trump like nonsense. Our greatest rivals, Saints are often our best friends too. Go figure and yet you object to any fellow RL fan who dares to have an opinion. Perhaps look in the mirror?

dannycampbellsshorts

Post by dannycampbellsshorts » 24 Aug 2017, 00:51

SuffolkTiger wrote:

Again, you're missing the point. The fact that you need to come on this forum and post the stuff you have - especially the length of the posts - is very strange behaviour. It's uncomfortable and a little worrying to be honest.

A genuine question - have you really not got anything better to do?
If it make you uncomfortable then I apologise. Not sure what I can do. I type quckly and at length so again not sure what I can do. I do not think my posts are suited to twitter I am just a RL fan and the question could be asked of any, all posters?

dannycampbellsshorts

Post by dannycampbellsshorts » 24 Aug 2017, 00:56

Di wrote:
warrington-wolves-super-league_3792810.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD-GIANTS-V-LEEDS-RHINOS.jpg
Cos no one ever celebrates the LLS
Utter BS
A standard press photo. I am not sure you would expect a group of player with glum faces and shedding tears. If you asked the supporters, club members privatelt they would all say that the LLS is meaningless IIRC we had one season where Leeds 'threatened' to reach a GF from a low position.

dannycampbellsshorts

Post by dannycampbellsshorts » 24 Aug 2017, 01:13

HuddsTigers wrote:So you came on to a wholly Cas forum to basically ridicule our achievement and expected a rousing applause?

Of course it wasn't going to happen. Just like I wouldn't go on to a Wigan forum and make a post calling your side dirty, cheating, salary cap dodging thugs and expect a positive reply back.
Far from it. I expressed an opinion. I attempted to jusrify it. I also which somehow was missed by several posters that Cas have been the most entertaining team in 2017 and did not need a LLS to somhow justify how good they have been. The LLS is by common opinion seen as meaningless and irrelevant. I do not think you are stupid and would acknowledge the same irrespective of wo won it. I do not post celebrating a Wigan LLS victory.

The one suggestion a poster made that was worthy would be automatic GF place for the LLS. A very significant financial reward is another suggestion. AS it stands the LLS does not motivatw, push teans to ensure as the RFL would say every minute matters. Post SL, the championship saw the winners decided at the death, drawn games etc Arguably, teams 'do not die' to finish LL. Top 4 is probably more important than LL. Top 8 even.

IMO, if Cas do not win the GF then it represents a monumental failure of the SL system and why the LLS is meaningless, certainly less important than a CC or GF win.

Do I expect to post om a Cas forum and be greeted wiyh open arms. No. I am a bit staggere at the demands to burn me at the stake. Ban any posters for daring to offer an alternative view. Freedom of speech?

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 24 Aug 2017, 01:31

Yeh, me for one ... bern kicked off 3 times for much less than this pie troll !!!

Alwayscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alwayscas » 24 Aug 2017, 01:37

SAD SAD SAD PERSON

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 24 Aug 2017, 02:06

HuddsTigers wrote:So you came on to a wholly Cas forum to basically ridicule our achievement and expected a rousing applause?

Far from it. I expressed an opinion. I attempted to jusrify it. I also which somehow was missed by several posters that Cas have been the most entertaining team in 2017 and did not need a LLS to somhow justify how good they have been. The LLS is by common opinion seen as meaningless and irrelevant. I do not think you are stupid and would acknowledge the same irrespective of wo won it. I do not post celebrating a Wigan LLS victory.

The one suggestion a poster made that was worthy would be automatic GF place for the LLS. A very significant financial reward is another suggestion. AS it stands the LLS does not motivatw, push teans to ensure as the RFL would say every minute matters. Post SL, the championship saw the winners decided at the death, drawn games etc Arguably, teams 'do not die' to finish LL. Top 4 is probably more important than LL. Top 8 even.

IMO, if Cas do not win the GF then it represents a monumental failure of the SL system and why the LLS is meaningless, certainly less important than a CC or GF win.

Do I expect to post om a Cas forum and be greeted wiyh open arms. No. I am a bit staggere at the demands to burn me at the stake. Ban any posters for daring to offer an alternative view. Freedom of speech?
Has your carer resigned?
Contact your psychiatric nurse immediately and ask for a medication review or perhaps consider voluntary inpatient treatment.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Aug 2017, 03:36

The reality is just that there has always been a hierarchy of trophies in RL
When I was a teenager Leeds regularly finished top but the real interest was Challenge cup first, Championship Final 2nd...I remember Dewsbury with Steve in it winning it from 8th spot. Regal/John Player next and County Cups/Floodlit Trophy near the bottom. Only in the years when finishing top won you the Championship e.g. Swinton twice in the mid 60s did whatever the end of season competition was (and there usually was one) take a poor third or fourth place.
The only real change is that many in the heartlands nowadays see winning at Old Trafford first and Wembley second
Having lived most of my adult life outside the heartlands I know that the only match which even slightly touches the national consciousness is the one which is on national TV I.e. The Challenge Cup Final