new forward to be announced

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: new forward to be announced

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Aug 2017, 17:26

InTheKnow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:One thing I will say is.... People signing for next year know they have a shot of playing in WCC next year. Will attract a few.
Give over. The chance to play in a one off game will attract no one. Our consistency over the last 12 months will
Of course it will. Obviously being the best team in the league this year does as well but your telling me playing in the WCC wouldn't attract players who have never done it before. Of course it would.
That's exactly what I am saying. A player would be crazy to commit for x number of years just to play in one game at the start of said contract.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 21 Aug 2017, 19:52

Fumper27 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:One thing I will say is.... People signing for next year know they have a shot of playing in WCC next year. Will attract a few.
Give over. The chance to play in a one off game will attract no one. Our consistency over the last 12 months will
Of course it will. Obviously being the best team in the league this year does as well but your telling me playing in the WCC wouldn't attract players who have never done it before. Of course it would.
That's exactly what I am saying. A player would be crazy to commit for x number of years just to play in one game at the start of said contract.
I agree. theyll join knowing theyve got a great chance of playing in that one-off game several times in their contract, not to mention possible league shields, grand finals, cup finals.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 21 Aug 2017, 21:44

According to DP on radio Yorkshire tonight, no more new signings planned yet , would be happy to go into next season as we are but if the right player came available they would have a look.

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Aug 2017, 21:47

Mr XP wrote:According to DP on radio Yorkshire tonight, no more new signings planned yet , would be happy to go into next season as we are but if the right player came available they would have a look.
So not saying owt till we've finalised the deals ;)
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Aug 2017, 21:48

Mr XP wrote:According to DP on radio Yorkshire tonight, no more new signings planned yet , would be happy to go into next season as we are but if the right player came available they would have a look.
That's because they're already signed!!!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Aug 2017, 21:58

He also sounded less than convincing in saying that too! He's not a great fibber.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Aug 2017, 22:51

Fumper27 wrote:
That's because they're already signed!!!
heres hoping you're correct.
jo brand is eddie warings love child