Pinch me - still dreaming.....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Surreycasfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Pinch me - still dreaming.....

Post by Surreycasfan » 23 Jul 2017, 22:50

Some of you on this wonderful site have been supporting Cas longer than I have, but for 25 years of living in Yorkshire and now 10 living in Surrey this is the season we have driven tens of thousands of miles for, Spent thousands of pounds for, lost our voices for, clapped our hands until they are red for, kicked the cat for.

The days of crossing the Pennines to Knowsley Road for 50 point beatings, the same at Headingley, watching Warrington and Hull emerge with their shiny new grounds and wondering when and if it'll ever be our time.

Relegation twice, crying leaving Belle View and again the following years at Widnes and Headingley as we bounced back.

Selling our best, Orr to Wigan, Vowles to Leeds, many more too numerous to mention.

But then, from nowhere, a dream. Built on hard work, pride, love for the club and town, we re-emerge, just watching those 2007/8 videos - what heroes Brad Davis, Danny Brough, Awen Guttenbeil and others were......

Slowly we build the best retention plan for our youngsters ever and they get game time through the franchise system, now every youngster in the area wants to be part of our club. Overseas players want to come here and Uk players are made into internationals under our coaches.

So, season highlights so far,
week 3, enough said, never forget, "you're not famous anymore" to Danny McGuire and "you're seasons over its only round 3...."
Winning at DW stadium and Jessies try, drinking with Wigan fans afterwards as they glow about Cas!
50 points on Wigan and Saints - Warrington done home and away, the Wakefield comeback, all worth the 500 mile round trip....
Jys try on Saturday
Gregs 5 minute hat trick
The unbelievable tries..... The media love of the Tigers..... The new stadium on the way..... New contracts signed to do this all again next year!!!

And now onwards......

League leaders shield done, we are the champions, top of the league, the best team, at last (we are, just a matter of time)

The semi final at WR, bouncing and a victory - then old Trafford decked in Amber / Orange and Black, and the kid who saw Cas come back from the championship twice picks up the trophy and we cry our eyes out in disbelief.....

My missus never got why the Tigers get so much of my time, now she does.

2017, Thank you.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Pinch me - still dreaming.....

Post by usacas » 23 Jul 2017, 23:31

Excellent - brought tears to my eyes.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alwayscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alwayscas » 24 Jul 2017, 00:13

TOP TOP POST
SAYS IT ALL
COYF

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 24 Jul 2017, 01:22

Possibly the best post ever put up on the forum. Every one of us has spent our lifetime hoping for this. I meet hundreds and hundreds of rl fans over here in spain and everyone's second team is cas this year. Including the cappers. We just need to hold our nerve, we've beaten everyone already ....

COYF

swede
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by swede » 24 Jul 2017, 02:48

Even IF we end this season with no Silverware, I don't care! I watch Cas because I like to be entertained and this season I have been entertained. Every last man in the Squad has the same goal and I like it.
Cas Till I Die

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 24 Jul 2017, 08:53

Right with you on this! :dance: Fantastic post.
The season has been incredible. Keep hearing the phrase "enjoy it cos it probably wont happen again" and I am guilty of thinking the same. But how do the club build from here? With the new stadium still some time away, can we create a legacy and push for silverware on a regular basis? How do we ensure we don't get the one season wonder tag?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Jul 2017, 09:15

Hear hear...I want the LLS because we've never been top before, and I've supported since the 50's.

I want the "big clubs" and many of their fans to stop treating us like interlopers at an exclusive party. Sour grapes.

I want others to stop calling us the Leicester City of RL, because this has been coming and was predictable in Feb., Leicester wasn't.

I want our achievements recognised by being called "Champions" by Sky because they pay for entertainment for tv, and our club provide ten times more entertainment than any other, which makes us their best investment.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 24 Jul 2017, 09:20

Surreycasfan wrote:Some of you on this wonderful site have been supporting Cas longer than I have, but for 25 years of living in Yorkshire and now 10 living in Surrey this is the season we have driven tens of thousands of miles for, Spent thousands of pounds for, lost our voices for, clapped our hands until they are red for, kicked the cat for.

2017, Thank you.
A brilliant read - especially from a southern outpost!!

I'm with you - these are days I thought I would never see.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 24 Jul 2017, 10:36

Thank you surreycasfan for putting in writing, what myself and thousands of Tiger fans think.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 24 Jul 2017, 14:41

Great post,Saturday was the defining game for me when the reality that we are not going to be caught really hit home.got to admit I shed a tear at the end of the game not so much has what we had done but for my family members that are no longer with us that would have loved what we have achieved this year.

What we've done isn't lost on our town and we should be proud and make it a big event,show the rugby league world what we've done,this has been 4 years in the making its no flash in the plan we've risen from the ashes to reign supreme and maybe just maybe it's the start of a dynasty and the golden period we never even thought was possible.