get in there

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: get in there

Post by derbystiger » 22 Jul 2017, 20:45

lurcher wrote:I thought hardaker came in very carefully with the intention of getting his foot under the ball but it came free and struck his foot. all irrelevant of course as he was deffo in touch.
take a bow lads 2 years ago we would have lost that. the confidence in defence when we were down to 11 men was amazing. tackle after tackle they wrapped the attacker up and walked him over the line to be held up. must have wasted 2 minutes at least with this tactic. 2 super tries for jy. don't think I've seen any one rise that high before.
It was a joy to watch that, very clever tactics. Like you say, in the past that game was lost with heads down. Not now, these lads never know when they are beat and try and find a way right up to minute 80, and really want to play for each other. It's just brilliant to see

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Jul 2017, 21:23

Casforthecup wrote:
stuey wrote:The penalty try ---

The sequence of events

a he put his foot in touch
b he then dropped the ball.
c Hardakers boot touched no part of his body.

Penalty for intent maybe, but no way was it a penalty try.
Try given on pitch...
A couldn't disprove this
B caused by hardakers boot (whether accidental or not).
C correct but did dislodge the ball so ref had no choice.
Erm, sent up as no try though!!!

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 22 Jul 2017, 21:45

Ok the principle still applies though. Hypothetically speaking, if he would have got ball down and Hardacre didn't touch it, would the no try have been overuled? If yes then penalty try is the correct decision.

I'm not one to stick up for refs, but I've seen worse than today.

Any ways, who cares we won.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 22 Jul 2017, 22:07

Casforthecup wrote:Ok the principle still applies though. Hypothetically speaking, if he would have got ball down and Hardacre didn't touch it, would the no try have been overuled? If yes then penalty try is the correct decision.

HIS LEG WAS IN TOUCH.

Not one to defend refs? You're one of the only people on here I see blindly defend them when they're clearly wrong.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 22 Jul 2017, 22:44

Casforthecup wrote:Ok the principle still applies though. Hypothetically speaking, if he would have got ball down and Hardacre didn't touch it, would the no try have been overuled? If yes then penalty try is the correct decision.

You are Stuart cummins and I claim my £5

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 22 Jul 2017, 22:56

What really breaks my biscuits is that refs like Bentham is obsessed about the micro detail but consistently misses all the bread and butter obvious stuff like forward passes, offsides and the most obvious ball strips.

It's not the refs who should shoulder all the blame though -t's the governing body. They hide behind the old chestnut of how difficult a ref's job is. Make it easier for them then and be more transparent about their performance.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 22 Jul 2017, 23:33

Didn't think Bentham did much wrong. Video ref awarded penalty try, which appeared harsh but probably correct. You don't have to foul a player for a penalty try, just have to do something not legal to prevent a try. I don't think he went into touch until after the ball was lost. The binning of Larroyer and Mike was correct.
Team showed massive character today. Choice of Holmes instead of Springer baffled me, as Holmes not used in an energy-sapping game.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 Jul 2017, 23:40

its a hard choice, last week it paid off having joel on the bench when greg departed early. tom could have covered any injuries to the backs and powell trusts him 100% but it was forwards we needed in there and who would have guessed we'd have 2 forwards in the bin.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 22 Jul 2017, 23:45

Surprised no Springer.......especially against the size of catalans forwards.

I guess DP thought larroyer would be the better choice.....funny how these things turn out...

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Jul 2017, 23:55

Can anyone answer how long a "team warning" lasts? Seemed an awful long time between the team warning and MM sin binning

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Jul 2017, 00:00

on another note, fosters try (he's coming into the attacking plays more and more) was probably forward but so was the pass for Catalans first try.
we then have the bizarre penalty that led directly to their 2nd try. bird takes macca out late, macca jumps up to confront bird about it and the penalty goes to catalan and they score from the set.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Jul 2017, 00:05

its a minefield fumper. the other week cas were put on a team warning for conceding 4 penalties in 16 minutes but one of them was for zac kicking it straight dead from the re-start. how can that be slowing play down? it gave the opposition an advantage.

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 23 Jul 2017, 00:11

Fumper27 wrote:Can anyone answer how long a "team warning" lasts? Seemed an awful long time between the team warning and MM sin binning
As long as the ref see's fit
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Jul 2017, 03:52

Di wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:Can anyone answer how long a "team warning" lasts? Seemed an awful long time between the team warning and MM sin binning
As long as the ref see's fit
God help us then ;)

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 23 Jul 2017, 06:55

lurcher wrote:on another note, fosters try (he's coming into the attacking plays more and more) was probably forward but so was the pass for Catalans first try.
we then have the bizarre penalty that led directly to their 2nd try. bird takes macca out late, macca jumps up to confront bird about it and the penalty goes to catalan and they score from the set.
Macca was penalised for holding the players leg and net letting the Catalan player join the line. Probably correct after watching the replay.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Jul 2017, 07:14

Anybody but bentham in semi...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Jul 2017, 08:06

Ben Thaler or Childs , give me Bentham above these anytime, I honestly think we expect too much from our refs , we always condemn them when calls go against us , how many of you have called for a forward pass when we have had ball in hand likewise an offside when we are defending, the biggest let down for me is the ref upstairs how they manage to get it so wrong with the action replays is beyond me

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Jul 2017, 11:23

according to people on facebook looks like Luke Gale was sin binned for mouthing off at the ref after maccas try?

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 23 Jul 2017, 11:32

yorky wrote:according to people on facebook looks like Luke Gale was sin binned for mouthing off at the ref after maccas try?
He was sin binned im not sure why (But think it was for having a go at the ref) that's why Zak took the kick

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 23 Jul 2017, 12:00

lidds wrote:
yorky wrote:according to people on facebook looks like Luke Gale was sin binned for mouthing off at the ref after maccas try?
He was sin binned im not sure why (But think it was for having a go at the ref) that's why Zak took the kick
If he was binned for going at the ref, DP needs a strong word in his ear. Did he use his EGP for fondling the ref?