Squad for Leigh

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Squad for Leigh

Post by Normy-Tiger » 28 May 2017, 12:20

Tough looking June so lets hope we can get another win away from home.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 May 2017, 13:03

I think, if we can, it's time to freshen up and bring a couple of bodies in.

A prop and a centre/wingman.

Get them bedded in before the super 8's.

There's GOT to be another JSL, or Ikahihifo type, or other Samoan/south sea islander scratching his bum playing the country league in Oz, or part of a NRL large squad not getting a look in.

Get Vowlsey/contacts down under on board scouring!

Definitely need something a bit extra right now - let's not spoil the party through fatigue etc.

Andre Savelio has been mentioned too, I'd certainly take him 100%!! He can be a match winner in the channels.
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 May 2017, 13:42

I can see us looking to secure our top 4 place for the Super 8s and then resting our key players vs Catalans in the final game if I'm honest.

At the moment, we only need 5 more wins to definitely secure our place in the top 4. Beating Leigh and Wakey means we only need 3 wins (unless Wakey lose a few in coming weeks) from Saints, Wire, Leeds, Hull, Salford and Catalans
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 May 2017, 13:48

HuddsTigers wrote:I can see us looking to secure our top 4 place for the Super 8s and then resting our key players vs Catalans in the final game if I'm honest.

At the moment, we only need 5 more wins to definitely secure our place in the top 4. Beating Leigh and Wakey means we only need 3 wins (unless Wakey lose a few in coming weeks) from Saints, Wire, Leeds, Hull, Salford and Catalans
Win all our home games = sorted.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 28 May 2017, 14:05

I don't understand this oh we've only used 20 players.i think this is a good thing.means we've had little injuries and been able to put out more or less the same 17 each week which brings consistency.apart from the 2 "Easter weekends"(when rotation is needed)we play once a week which I'm sure any rugby player can more than handle.play recover train play it's a good groove to get in.im sure Powell would be happy end of season if he had only used 20/21 players.when Leeds won trebles and doubles you could guess 15 of there 17 every week.imo we don't need any new signings till next season or we have a bad run of injuries

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 28 May 2017, 14:49

HuddsTigers wrote:I can see us looking to secure our top 4 place for the Super 8s and then resting our key players vs Catalans in the final game if I'm honest.

Not too sure. Isnt the LLS given after round 23?? I think we will be going for that to get our first bit of silverware in a long time.

Why rest players for Super 8s? we dont start from 0 points. They carry over meaning 2 points away at Catalan could be decisive for us to be in the top 2 at round 30 and have a home play off tie.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 28 May 2017, 15:04

One game at a time springs to mind. Let's get the wins then worry about it.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 May 2017, 15:18

Tiger53 wrote:One game at a time springs to mind. Let's get the wins then worry about it.

Correct.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 May 2017, 15:47

Were going great the players believe in themselves you cant always be at your best but we won against huddersfield and widnes when i thought wed had it that will give them even more belief ...if we have oppertunity to bring another good player in id take it tho we also getting patrick back hel be raring to go now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 28 May 2017, 16:09

Anyone itk with regards parking and pubs nearby for tomorrow? Ta.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 May 2017, 17:34

Normy-Tiger wrote:

Not too sure. Isnt the LLS given after round 23?? I think we will be going for that to get our first bit of silverware in a long time.

Why rest players for Super 8s? we dont start from 0 points. They carry over meaning 2 points away at Catalan could be decisive for us to be in the top 2 at round 30 and have a home play off tie.
No, LLS is awarded after Round 30 (end of Super 8s).

At Round 23, we could have an important cup semi final coming up too to consider (providing we beat Hull). We can't keep flogging all the same players for potentially 36 games.

Rest players because the last 7 games before the semis are going to be really intense as people contest for 4th place and also teams seek to get home advantage by finishing top 2.

We still have to play the 4 sides below us again before that Catalan game meaning we could have a good advantage over those sides.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 May 2017, 17:35

WF10 wrote:Anyone itk with regards parking and pubs nearby for tomorrow? Ta.
There's a pub next to the ground I think?

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 28 May 2017, 18:11

HuddsTigers wrote:
Normy-Tiger wrote:

No, LLS is awarded after Round 30 (end of Super 8s).

At Round 23, we could have an important cup semi final coming up too to consider (providing we beat Hull). We can't keep flogging all the same players for potentially 36 games.

Rest players because the last 7 games before the semis are going to be really intense as people contest for 4th place and also teams seek to get home advantage by finishing top 2.

We still have to play the 4 sides below us again before that Catalan game meaning we could have a good advantage over those sides.
I suppose it all depends how far we go in CC. If we get knocked out in the next round.... We will have 2 week off later on.

I still wouldnt be resting players at Catalan away. Keep going until top 2/4 is safe (if it gets to that stage) then rest players in round 29 or 30 for the play offs.

As others have said... It has to get to that stage yet. Plenty of games must be won before we start thinking of resting players for play off games.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 28 May 2017, 18:28

HuddsTigers wrote:
WF10 wrote:Anyone itk with regards parking and pubs nearby for tomorrow? Ta.
There's a pub next to the ground I think?
I thought there was but wondered if there were any other recommendations within walking distance.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Dave Sideshow

Post by Dave Sideshow » 28 May 2017, 19:35

It's not just our results we need to watch. If those in the chasing pack drop points we may be given more of an opportunity to rest key players prior to the super 8s. Our vastly superior points difference is also worth a point in its own right!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 May 2017, 19:42

We need to find more energy than what we showed against Widnes.
That first half we were lethargic and looked tired.
Leigh will be bouncing after there first ever away win in SL.
I do think having Webster and moors back will make a big difference.
We are gonna have to be on our metal and take nothing for granted.

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 28 May 2017, 20:10

I'd like to retract my earlier statement that I would have thrown Maher into the fray tomorrow, after just watching today's Batley - Dewsbury clash. To say he was disappointing was an understatement and he looked nowhere near a first team shirt. Should have known, as DP generally knows the score with his players and is never far off.

Regards rotating players, due to our position in the league we have more scope than other teams. Saints, Warrington and Wigan as examples can't really do so, as they cannot afford to lose any more games and need to go all out.. Reminds me of an excellent two mile plus, front running flat horse I used to follow years back. He used to build up a good lead, then relaxed to recharge his batteries in the second half of races. The others used to have to use up so much energy catching him up, and then he used to pull away again with his new found energy in the races closing stages.

I suppose that tactic if it could be applied would be ideal for winning SL. to get towards the business end of the season, but still in a pole position, but with the bulk of your players still injury free and relatively fresh, ready to peak again. Hard maybe to attain, but we're in a good position to do so.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 May 2017, 20:39

Herbert Latch wrote:I'd like to retract my earlier statement that I would have thrown Maher into the fray tomorrow, after just watching today's Batley - Dewsbury clash. To say he was disappointing was an understatement and he looked nowhere near a first team shirt. Should have known, as DP generally knows the score with his players and is never far off.

Regards rotating players, due to our position in the league we have more scope than other teams. Saints, Warrington and Wigan as examples can't really do so, as they cannot afford to lose any more games and need to go all out.. Reminds me of an excellent two mile plus, front running flat horse I used to follow years back. He used to build up a good lead, then relaxed to recharge his batteries in the second half of races. The others used to have to use up so much energy catching him up, and then he used to pull away again with his new found energy in the races closing stages.

I suppose that tactic if it could be applied would be ideal for winning SL. to get towards the business end of the season, but still in a pole position, but with the bulk of your players still injury free and relatively fresh, ready to peak again. Hard maybe to attain, but we're in a good position to do so.
Was going to post the same about Maher. Was very disappointing, both in attack and defence. Didn't see him break a tackle with ball in hand and was often taken backwards by the ball carrier when making a tackle.

On the other hand, I though Daniel Igbinedion looked good for Dewsbury on their left edge and could be a real gem of a find by our club, akin to Mike McMeeken

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 May 2017, 21:31

Yes i heard Daniel Igbinedion went well for Dewsbury today. His progress along with Brandon Douglas,Kieran Gill & Tuoyo Egodo will be important for us in the next few seasons...maybe even earlier than that.

Afraid to say Maher has found his level, he doesn't appear to be a stand out performer in the Batley pack this season. Its a shame as i thought more game time would see him improve.

As for the Leigh game. Id have liked to give Millington a breather but the injury to Gadwin on Friday has probably put paid to that. Would have been nice to give him & maybe McMeeken a break given we have Saints up next who have had a longer rest & revenge for the cup game on their minds.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 28 May 2017, 22:22

Will Maher is championship quality at best , he is shocking .
Webbo and Moors back against Leigh we should be okay