2015 Kit

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: 2015 Kit

Post by I of the Tigers » 23 Oct 2014, 12:30

I've not been into the shop (yet) but reading posts from those who have then I'm unsurprisingly underwhelmed at how this kit situation is playing itself out. I've said it before, but here we are after all our success last year with the first real opportunity for the Commercial team to demonstrate their worth & what happens ... ? No time constraints, been in the offing for a while & yet it's no better than a "pies are here" scenario. Simply shameful, yet seemingly acceptable. Perhaps Mr Gill should stop making his phone calls to faithful fans & rather spend his time cracking the whip with those that are letting us down so badly. We deserve a lot, lot better ... ](*,)

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 23 Oct 2014, 12:51

duke street 10 wrote:
legionited wrote:I feel like they never really learn from their mistakes with the Amber/Orange situation as it's clearly a sore point with a lot of fans but then again perhaps part of the agreement with XBlades was they had a bunch of material that was left over that could be used for our stuff and maybe Cas ended up with a better deal financially to go that way.

I have to say I preferred the ISC merchandise over what I've seen so far but if the shirt is nice then I'm happy.
Maybe better financially at the moment but won't make as much in merchandise sales?
I suppose it depends, its a 5 year deal so there's plenty of opportunity to come up with more stuff that brings in plenty of money. Obviously I'm just speculating but perhaps this first year is a bit of a sacrifice in terms of there being no particularly new designs and the orange gear?

The more I think about it I don't think the orange thing is as big of a deal as people make out. Sure the vast majority prefer amber but if the gear is nice it doesn't really matter whether its yellow, amber or orange it will probably sell.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Oct 2014, 12:53

Andrew6666 wrote:I don't get it, Tigers are more orange than Amber, we definitely aren't called Castleford Ambers, so I don't see what the fuss is about. If the shirt looks good, I will buy it, if I don't like it I will buy a hoody and polo shirt. Simples.
Pardon my ignorance but it is my understanding we were called Castleford RLFC long before we became 'Tigers' and I don't recall any of our kit from the distant past having any orange on it.

We became 'Tigers' because we have a combined colour scheme of Black, White and Amber as I assume from limtied knowledge that the animal kingdom doesn't have any amber coloured creatures of any note.

It's not that long ago the CLub undertook a survey of the feelings of fans and amber was the overwhelming favourite but hey, why should the views of fans ever be considered for long?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 23 Oct 2014, 13:43

The plain white vest which is just covered in sponsors is horrendous.

Wf10Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wf10Tiger » 23 Oct 2014, 14:00

Sponsors are printed into the home shirt. Mend-a-hose announced on the website as the first sponsor. The colour of the shirt is on the picture so you can decide what colour it is. I always thoughts amber was a shade of orange!

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 23 Oct 2014, 14:58

Wf10Tiger wrote:Sponsors are printed into the home shirt. Mend-a-hose announced on the website as the first sponsor. The colour of the shirt is on the picture so you can decide what colour it is. I always thoughts amber was a shade of orange!
Looks like the new shirt is gonna be made out of a perforated bandage type material from that photo.....
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 23 Oct 2014, 15:34

ah well, it looks like digging out some old cas shirts for me ! am not impressed so far, fingers crossed for the away strip :pray:

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 23 Oct 2014, 16:45

Flat Capper wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:I don't get it, Tigers are more orange than Amber, we definitely aren't called Castleford Ambers, so I don't see what the fuss is about. If the shirt looks good, I will buy it, if I don't like it I will buy a hoody and polo shirt. Simples.
Pardon my ignorance but it is my understanding we were called Castleford RLFC long before we became 'Tigers' and I don't recall any of our kit from the distant past having any orange on it.

We became 'Tigers' because we have a combined colour scheme of Black, White and Amber as I assume from limtied knowledge that the animal kingdom doesn't have any amber coloured creatures of any note.

It's not that long ago the CLub undertook a survey of the feelings of fans and amber was the overwhelming favourite but hey, why should the views of fans ever be considered for long?
I do apologise I was just trying to lighten the mood :) .

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 23 Oct 2014, 19:47

The mendahose image on the main website is definitely a brighter shade this year, bit dissappointed that the sponsors logos arent stitched on, ill wait to see the rest of the design before deciding to buy
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 23 Oct 2014, 21:31

That will be a players fit shirt, they never have any of the sponsors stitched on.

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 23 Oct 2014, 22:57

I'd quite like a shirt that as the least amount of stitching possible. So printed on badges and sponsors are fine by me.

Can't wait to see the new shirts!!!

Long live the Tigers!!!

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 24 Oct 2014, 09:57

If they're either of the top 2 or the bottom right shirt I'll probably buy one.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 24 Oct 2014, 10:02

Today's headline grabbing news? The once "iconic" Yorkshire (Leeds, spit!), now sold down the river beer (liquorice water :P ) brand whose name I can't even bring myself to mention is sadly now staying with us even longer :-s
If Carlsberg did bitter, it's probably just the worst ...
Things just go from bad to worse, it's beyond a joke #-o

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 24 Oct 2014, 10:46

Yeah these pesky companies ploughing money into our club really gets my goat.

:roll:
I don't have a favourite second team - it's Cas 100% for me

welshy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @Tom__jones

Post by welshy » 24 Oct 2014, 11:16

My god some of our fans aren't happy with anything look how much positives we have got going on at the moment and people are moaning about the colour of our shirt!! For me it could be pink it doesn't change the club!!

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 24 Oct 2014, 11:18

Kenilworth Tiger wrote:Yeah these pesky companies ploughing money into our club really gets my goat.

They'll be ploughing nothing except their wider brand exposure at minimal cost to them. Saying nothing about the fact that we have to continue to drink their mass produced fizz at top whack prices.
I stand by what I said .... this whole kit thing smacks of tail wagging dog. Dropped our trousers big style ...

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 24 Oct 2014, 11:22

I of the Tigers wrote:
Kenilworth Tiger wrote:Yeah these pesky companies ploughing money into our club really gets my goat.

They'll be ploughing nothing except their wider brand exposure at minimal cost to them. Saying nothing about the fact that we have to continue to drink their mass produced fizz at top whack prices.
I stand by what I said .... this whole kit thing smacks of tail wagging dog. Dropped our trousers big style ...
Can you share thew details of the deal please?

Now I'm not a betting man but I'm willing to bet that you have absolutely no idea and merely looking for a moan - well done, just the job that!

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 24 Oct 2014, 11:31

Kenilworth Tiger wrote: Can you share thew details of the deal please?

Now I'm not a betting man but I'm willing to bet that you have absolutely no idea and merely looking for a moan - well done, just the job that!
No I don't have details of the deal ...
... but I was employed by a brewer for over 30 years in a position whereby I know exactly how these things work.
So yes I do have some idea.

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 24 Oct 2014, 11:53

I of the Tigers wrote:
Kenilworth Tiger wrote: Can you share thew details of the deal please?

No I don't have details of the deal ...
I'd say that's all we ned to know then thanks

welshy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @Tom__jones

Post by welshy » 24 Oct 2014, 12:13

I have an idea about many things but I can still be wrong!!!