No antivirus will work

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

No antivirus will work

Post by Di » 22 Sep 2011, 15:39

wonder if someone could help me please

my computer has been running slow and freezing for a while, but its not been a major issue, but last night my antivirus alerted me to an infection and before I could do anything the computer rebooted itself....but then the antivirus (which was avast) is not working, tried to run spybot wouldn't let me open it so I downloaded malwarebytes to try that and the same thing.tried uninstalling and re installing but nothing
I unistalled and re installed Avast and after 3 attempt's it worked for about an hour and again it is saying it is stopped or in an inconsistent state and will not let me fix it
I tried running a scan via avast but it seems to be stuck at 97% and I have no clue what to try next
any help would be much appreciated
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Half Acres Halfwit
League One Player
League One Player

Re: No antivirus will work

Post by Half Acres Halfwit » 24 Sep 2011, 00:19

have you tried running avast in safe mode Di ? it should pick it up before the system boots and then your able to clear it,if the answer to my question is yes you need Marshman or one of the other boffins

HEY YOU GU-UYS!!

casashtigers
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @AshleyStevens94

Re: No antivirus will work

Post by casashtigers » 25 Sep 2011, 11:15

Try system restore mate, works a treat for me

Be Loyal, Be Loud, Be Cas, Be Proud

Please read my blogs!! http://www.blogger.com/profile/16206484131005573328