help please

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 07 Jun 2010, 01:59

Matt wrote:
marshman wrote:I'm with Landy and Matt, and lets be honest, you're not going to beat the PC geeks when it comes to geekery. No offence guys, you know what i mean. These guys have been playing games for years on the PC which are the benchmark for console gaming. Consoles are always using technology that PCs have trialled, tested and perfected. As stated, the consoles are using what basically amount to out of date PC processors and video cards.

I've recently just bough a PS3 having been a PC gamer for years before that. The PS3 fits the bill for what i want nowadays in gaming since i don't seem to get much chance to play, so that's why i bought one. But for graphics quality, and value for money, if i was able to play more i'd have bought a decent gaming PC.

Take COD MW2 for example. I just bought it and then had to pay an extra £11 for a couple of maps. Compare to PC where you can download for free, hundreds of maps. Yes i did say hundreds. You really don't get value for money from these console games. I wouldn't say i've regretted buying a PS3, but it has reminded me why i stuck to PC gaming for so long.
Agreed. I mainly play on my 360 these days however consoles have ruined PC gaming, IWNET which now powers Modern Warfare 2 removed Dedicated servers, community mods and maps all in order to implement DLC, instead of having hundreds of maps we're forced to buy 5 for £11, a total rip off.
thought you were a pc gamer
TM Out

Landy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Landy » 08 Jun 2010, 21:06

battlefield Bad Company 2 is awesome on PC

jenny_ov

Re: help please

Post by jenny_ov » 30 Apr 2011, 13:00

Thanks for the tip.