And you thought Cas have had some bad kits...

Exactly what it says on the tin...
Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

And you thought Cas have had some bad kits...

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 06 Nov 2006, 22:02

I noticed this short watching RU the other weekend.....

Funky

Oh and they have this one too

Girlie
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 06 Nov 2006, 22:05

I was actually going to buy their kits last year. :)

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 06 Nov 2006, 22:07

fenton wrote:I was actually going to buy their kits last year. :)
Stade's usual blue and red home kit is nice, but when I saw them against the Ospreys and they had pink flowers on it, I couldn't believe it wasn't a joke!

Slash
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Slash » 06 Nov 2006, 22:52

Oh my god, they are the worst shirts I have ever seen. :lol:

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 07 Nov 2006, 00:44

The pink one is really nice!

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 07 Nov 2006, 14:07

Rich_1 wrote:The pink one is really nice!
Trust you! :lol:
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

tiger-tomo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tiger-tomo » 11 Nov 2006, 10:37

i bet they get absolutely battered about the field when they wear both shirts :lol: much like juventus did when they played english teams in the champions league in there pink shirt .

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 11 Nov 2006, 10:39

tiger-tomo wrote:i bet they get absolutely battered about the field when they wear both shirts :lol: much like juventus did when they played english teams in the champions league in there pink shirt .
What does the colour have to do with anything?

tiger-tomo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tiger-tomo » 11 Nov 2006, 10:50

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
tiger-tomo wrote:i bet they get absolutely battered about the field when they wear both shirts :lol: much like juventus did when they played english teams in the champions league in there pink shirt .
What does the colour have to do with anything?
well could you really imagine somebody such as steven gerrard , roy keane ( when he played for man u ) , gilberto , who are all old-fashioned type of players , hard tacklers and don't take any preverbial poo , letting somebody such as nedved dance round them in a girly pink shirt with his long flowing locks . no they used to get stuck in and hammer them hard . and this was part of a pre-match speech for one team , i can't remember which team it was , but they were playing palermo or juventus , and in the pre-match speech they went over the fact that they were 'coming to play fancy football at there ground , in pink shirts ! '

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 11 Nov 2006, 10:53

A speach pre match though wouldn't stop the likes of Nedved making someone look silly, regardless of the kit he was wearing.

If you really believe that the colour of a teams kit makes them unable to perform as well as desired, due to the intent it gives the teams they play, then well..........thats your opinion. Check out Stade's results though, the kit doesn't seem to have an impact.

Slash
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Slash » 11 Nov 2006, 10:57

Steadman_4_PM wrote:A speach pre match though wouldn't stop the likes of Nedved making someone look silly, regardless of the kit he was wearing.

If you really believe that the colour of a teams kit makes them unable to perform as well as desired, due to the intent it gives the teams they play, then well..........thats your opinion. Check out Stade's results though, the kit doesn't seem to have an impact.
:lol: Made me think. Alex Ferguson would disagree with you there. Remember that grey kit that Man Utd had, they couldn't see each other apparently!! :badgrin:

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 11 Nov 2006, 11:00

Slash wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:A speach pre match though wouldn't stop the likes of Nedved making someone look silly, regardless of the kit he was wearing.

:lol: Made me think. Alex Ferguson would disagree with you there. Remember that grey kit that Man Utd had, they couldn't see each other apparently!! :badgrin:
Slightly different impact on their game to what is being suggested here though.

tiger-tomo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tiger-tomo » 11 Nov 2006, 11:04

i didn't say it has any impact on the way they play , i just think it changes the way that there opposition plays against them . i don't a great deal about you so i won't judge , but would you like a team full of pretty boys ( who are indeed talented individuals) swaggering onto your pitch and wanting to show you up in there brightly coloured shirts . it is the same when you see players wearing bright flourescent boots , they are just asking to be brought down because football players are becoming increasingly more bothered about the way they look when they go out onto that field rather than working hard and scrapping it out for the team .

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 11 Nov 2006, 11:10

tiger-tomo wrote:i didn't say it has any impact on the way they play , i just think it changes the way that there opposition plays against them . i don't a great deal about you so i won't judge , but would you like a team full of pretty boys ( who are indeed talented individuals) swaggering onto your pitch and wanting to show you up in there brightly coloured shirts . it is the same when you see players wearing bright flourescent boots , they are just asking to be brought down because football players are becoming increasingly more bothered about the way they look when they go out onto that field rather than working hard and scrapping it out for the team .
You say you didn't say it impacted the way they play, well neither did I.
Steadman_4_PM wrote:If you really believe that the colour of a teams kit makes them unable to perform as well as desired, due to the intent it gives the teams they play, then well..........thats your opinion. Check out Stade's results though, the kit doesn't seem to have an impact.
As for would I want a 'bunch of pretty boys' however talented, to play for a team I follow? Well if they do the business on the pitch, what ever the sport then I couldn't care less.

I don't know if you know much about Stade, or French RU but they certainly aren't a bunch of pretty boys running round wearing brightly coloured boots to impress the girls, or maybe the boys. :lol:

On the whole they are a rough, tough bunch of French, Italian and Argentinian lumps capable of knokcing over the best of the worlds RU players.

tiger-tomo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tiger-tomo » 11 Nov 2006, 11:18

well , if i am being honest i don't really know much about french RU , but all i said was that other teams probably will use the flowers and the colour as inspiration to try and nock them about a bit , but obviously if what you are saying is true , it isn't really working too well because they are roughing it out just as much and beating the best of them .

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 11 Nov 2006, 11:22

tiger-tomo wrote:well , if i am being honest i don't really know much about french RU , but all i said was that other teams probably will use the flowers and the colour as inspiration to try and nock them about a bit , but obviously if what you are saying is true , it isn't really working too well because they are roughing it out just as much and beating the best of them .
I understand what you mean that other teams will use it as motivation, but in a game like RU which is far more physical, or at least legally so, than football, I don't believe it makes much of a difference to the intent of a team.

This is a new kit for Stade as far as I know and while they aren't as dominant as maybe they were 5 years ago, they still are as rough as they come. I posted the links because I too thought the kits looked silly, as I did with Juve's away kit a few years ago, but I just can't see Stade suffering on the pitch because of it.

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Re: And you thought Cas have had some bad kits...

Post by Beth » 11 Nov 2006, 13:42

Steadman_4_PM wrote:I noticed this short watching RU the other weekend.....

Funky

Oh and they have this one too

Girlie
I would!

Love them!

.. hense the ''Miss'' in my username.
:lol:

Tiger Mad
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tiger Mad » 11 Nov 2006, 13:46

Bonzo wrote:
Rich_1 wrote:The pink one is really nice!
Trust you! :lol:
No really the Pink one is nice!
WRIGHT TIME TO GO