December Tipping Comp

Exactly what it says on the tin...
User avatar
the machine
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9654
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by the machine » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:16 am

Bristol city to win and btts
Bordeaux to win and btts

£10 double
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

KB80
Danny Orr
Posts: 1814
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by KB80 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:47 am

WF10 wrote:I fancy absolutely loads tomorrow!

I'll row in with a £10 win double
Modus 14:40 Exeter
Caribert 15:45 Exeter


Yeah me too, some decent looking races. Weather could yet play havoc though.

Placed a few bets small bets already will probably go back in once conditions become clearer tommorow (will do selection for this too)

So far fancies include:

Shivermetimbers 5/1, E, 1.00
Well backed on Wednesday before unseating jockey at 1st.

Its a Sting, 5/1, Sa, 3.35
returns to hurdles after poor atempts at chasing. Better hurdler though. Fair mark.

Snow Patch, 4/1, D, 7.00
Looks on the verge of 1st win, close second lto. Won't be long before a Dundalk win.

Beggers Wish, 9/4, S, 3.05
Solid form over hurdles taken into winning chase debut. Penalty to shoulder but impressive Bowen with handy claim steering.

Also taking a second look at Yanmare, Tommy Hallinan (market check), Picamix, the Blind Side and a few of the shorties for multiple purposes.

Be a tough call for selection on here tommorow!

takethetwo
Danny Orr
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:17 am

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by takethetwo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:50 am

£10 win Zerachiel

3:15 Exeter

tigerfeat
St John Ellis
Posts: 6992
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by tigerfeat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 am

£10 win
mark joyce tonights snooker

KB80
Danny Orr
Posts: 1814
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by KB80 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Today's selection

66p Win L15 (9.90). On:

On the Blind Side, Sandown, 2.30
Beggers Wishes, Sandown, 3.05
Yanmare, Exeter, 3.15
Honour Oak, Dundalk, 9.00

Honour Oak looks interesting. Backed it at 13/2 this morning. It's now 9/4. Was given it as a tip prior to last run (apparently tip came from trainer, I was told 3rd hand). Went in a different time of race to was suggested and finished second, looking the winner until 100 yards out (10/1 I backed it at). I was surprised that (assuming the tip was good) the money never really came in for it, though it certainly raced like it is due to win. It certainly looks ikea connections are getting involved in today...Christmas bonus for the canny Irish trainers stablehands been paid?

takethetwo
Danny Orr
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:17 am

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by takethetwo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:05 pm

KB80 wrote:Today's selection

66p Win L15 (9.90). On:

On the Blind Side, Sandown, 2.30
Beggers Wishes, Sandown, 3.05
Yanmare, Exeter, 3.15
Honour Oak, Dundalk, 9.00

Honour Oak looks interesting. Backed it at 13/2 this morning. It's now 9/4. Was given it as a tip prior to last run (apparently tip came from trainer, I was told 3rd hand). Went in a different time of race to was suggested and finished second, looking the winner until 100 yards out (10/1 I backed it at). I was surprised that (assuming the tip was good) the money never really came in for it, though it certainly raced like it is due to win. It certainly looks ikea connections are getting involved in today...Christmas bonus for the canny Irish trainers stablehands been paid?

I had £80 on On The Blind Side at 7/4 this morning.
Yanmare must have been 50/1 in running, last of 6 coming Iver the last. Well played mate, hope the Irish horse wins for you.

WF10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by WF10 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:18 pm

I had On The Blind Side at 2s last night. Could not believe they had White Moon as fav.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

KB80
Danny Orr
Posts: 1814
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by KB80 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:01 pm

takethetwo wrote:
KB80 wrote:Today's selection

66p Win L15 (9.90). On:

On the Blind Side, Sandown, 2.30
Beggers Wishes, Sandown, 3.05
Yanmare, Exeter, 3.15
Honour Oak, Dundalk, 9.00

Honour Oak looks interesting. Backed it at 13/2 this morning. It's now 9/4. Was given it as a tip prior to last run (apparently tip came from trainer, I was told 3rd hand). Went in a different time of race to was suggested and finished second, looking the winner until 100 yards out (10/1 I backed it at). I was surprised that (assuming the tip was good) the money never really came in for it, though it certainly raced like it is due to win. It certainly looks ikea connections are getting involved in today...Christmas bonus for the canny Irish trainers stablehands been paid?

I had £80 on On The Blind Side at 7/4 this morning.
Yanmare must have been 50/1 in running, last of 6 coming Iver the last. Well played mate, hope the Irish horse wins for you.


Cheers mate, fingers crossed.

Looks the real deal does On the Blind Side. Yanmare is a funny horse clearly has some talent but never seems to make it easy, often running races in snatches. Only seen last 30 seconds of the race but for a horse that had run over 3 miles he attacked that last fence well and finished powerfully.

takethetwo
Danny Orr
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:17 am

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by takethetwo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:23 am

£10 Game On
11:45 Wetherby

Should come on for his last run after being off the track for nearly a year. Finishing a very good 2 lengths behind likely favourite Indian Hercules. Lucy Wadham usually has her string raring to go for December and January, and hopefully this one will be the the first of many.

tigerfeat
St John Ellis
Posts: 6992
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by tigerfeat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:27 am

£10
Sheff wensday to beat norwich

WF10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by WF10 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 am

£10 win treble

Tombstone 14:00 Navan
Defi Bleu 15:35 Navan
Blue Flight 15:55 Chepstow
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

User avatar
the machine
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9654
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by the machine » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:28 am

On a promise 12.45 Weatherby
Monbeg Oscar 1.10 Sandown
Finians Oscar 1.45 Sandown
Blaklion 1.30 Aintree

50p L15 (7.50 stake)

Preston, Brentford and Gillingham £2.50 treble
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

KB80
Danny Orr
Posts: 1814
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by KB80 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:57 am

Just a Sting, 12.05, Sandown
Fox Norton, 2.55, Sandown
Defi Bleu, 3.35, Navan

£10 win treble.

WF10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1267
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by WF10 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:36 pm

In the Tingle Creek I'd have Politologue closer in the market to Fox Norton. Hoping to see him bounce out, get into a rhythm and pour it on from the front.

Hard not to fancy Blaklion in the Becher, although Highland Lodge is worth an e/w flyer at decent odds.

Expecting to see Gas Line Boy involved in the finish of the London Nash.

Good to see they've named a race after Many Clouds also.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

KB80
Danny Orr
Posts: 1814
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by KB80 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:55 pm

WF10 wrote:In the Tingle Creek I'd have Politologue closer in the market to Fox Norton. Hoping to see him bounce out, get into a rhythm and pour it on from the front.

Hard not to fancy Blaklion in the Becher, although Highland Lodge is worth an e/w flyer at decent odds.

Expecting to see Gas Line Boy involved in the finish of the London Nash.

Good to see they've named a race after Many Clouds also.


I quite like Vieux Lion Rouge at an each way price. Blaklion is deserved favourite but looks short enough. Was really torn so I have backed Blaklion to win (money back if 2,3,4) and VLR each way (money back if 2,3,4 and SP favourite wins). They will probably finish 5th and 6th....

Gone for Crossed My Mind in the 2.20 at Sandown. Looks reasonably treated and trainers wont be sending him for a day out. Good jockey booking and some market support too.

I was leaning towards Brain Power in the Henry VIII but swung to Finians Oscar 9/4 seemed a very good price. Will need to keep his jumping on point though, no room for error.

Post Reply