Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by Bramley Tiger » 23 May 2017, 12:04

WF10 wrote:Strong.
Stable.
Pathetic.
I don't rate may at all.she was a terrible home secretary and from what I've seen pretty ineffectual prime minister.i have no idea how she got such an easy ride to become leader and have no confidence in her securing a proper brexit.she is very lucky to have a very poor opposition.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 May 2017, 13:37

I wonder if anyone had told May that today is Tuesday; just in case she wants to do (another) U turn back to Monday in the hope she can do a better job of telling us she hasn't done a U turn over social care?

#weak&unsatable
Spreading the Cas gene pool

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 24 May 2017, 11:43

Don't really want to mention the obvious but - she's cut 20,000 coppers and is now putting 3,500 army on the streets because of the threat.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 24 May 2017, 18:03

WF10 wrote:Don't really want to mention the obvious but - she's cut 20,000 coppers and is now putting 3,500 army on the streets because of the threat.
The same thing happened in 2007 under the then Labour government so what's your point?

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 24 May 2017, 18:23

alftupper wrote:
WF10 wrote:Don't really want to mention the obvious but - she's cut 20,000 coppers and is now putting 3,500 army on the streets because of the threat.
The same thing happened in 2007 under the then Labour government so what's your point?
The bit in bold really. Or doesn't that matter?

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 24 May 2017, 20:04

I just don't get how some people work in their minds today ! I always look to constuctive ways of tackling the fact that we have some "EE"normous bills to pay and a Care system meltdown that is virtually unfundable as we approach the miilions living longer syndrome and we have Theresa May giving a fairly common sense approach in trying to solve this pending black hole problem sensibly with the house equity solution which is good for the lower end and absolutely canes the well off sitting in big houses - does that not scotch the labour "continually brain washed supporters" who consistently bang on the war drums that Conservative is for the rich only !! Just think about it more you labour lot and see where May is at least trying to fix a great divide here as if you are so stupid to think that Corbyn and Fallon have this fabled "Magic Wand" to conjure up the money - there's only one place that's coming from - it's Your Pockets or it's a "Running up Trillions" in debt for your kids to be paupers in time to come !! Having the May plan happen will save billions being pumped in from the rest of the economy where others suffer along with less money for services as everyone in society, as I see it, want to pass it on to other sections of society that doesn't affect them ! I am a Pensioner sat in my house and if it comes to care then I am prepared to have the equity removed from my house to pay for it - I've worked all my life and started out as a snotty kid in Airedale with absolutely nothing to start with and when I die, who gives a toss anyway - I't's up to the kids to knuckle down and work hard as I did instead of always relying of bank of mam and dad - lazy sods they are !! I am sickened by most of society today with the "What's in it for Me" brigade and not willing to shoulder some of the hardship and pain. Theresa May is trying to bring in some fairness at least so give her a chance (Someone's got to negotiate!) instead of those that want to bellyache all the time and shout her down on practically everything she is about - There are good things and bad things to any party who wish to run the country and she just might surprise you if she gets to eventually win and negotiate Brexit as, let's face it, that is the biggest and most important topic at this point in time - the rest can follow on to be sorted later and at the next election - I wouldn't trust Corbyn and his party to negotiate themselves out of a paper bag ! A Bunch of absolute Amateurs - can you imagine Dianne Abbott being Chancellor of the Exchequer !.......ha ha ha ha ha a total joke ! Not on your life !! After this election, Labour supporters should be patient this time and vote in someone else as leader ( I would tip Yvette Cooper to have a chance of getting in and if so,would be great to see the future PM questions periods - it would be like a Cat Fenzy with fur flying all over !) - My opinion is that it would be total chaos if labour got in just now and the country would stagnate and we would be totally vulnerable economically with no chance of a good deal - that's not to say I am total Conservative as i do like one or two of labour's policies that can make some sense but not all - every party has some good and some bad ideas - Wouldn't it be great to start off a Common Sense Party (CSP) ! Well maybe I've started another round of expletives coming my way again but it's good fun isn't it to joust it out from one polarised view to another. Waiting for you to bring it on again !!!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 24 May 2017, 21:45

Mate, doesn't your 'return' key work? :lol:

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 25 May 2017, 06:50

WF10 wrote:
alftupper wrote:
Your post clearly infers there is a connection between the consolidation of police numbers and the army being posted at key sites. There isn't.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 25 May 2017, 15:31

Consolidation?! There's a new word for it!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 27 May 2017, 11:18

CasRus wrote:I just don't get how some people work in their minds today ! I always look to constuctive ways of tackling the fact that we have some "EE"normous bills to pay and a Care system meltdown that is virtually unfundable as we approach the miilions living longer syndrome and we have Theresa May giving a fairly common sense approach in trying to solve this pending black hole problem sensibly with the house equity solution which is good for the lower end and absolutely canes the well off sitting in big houses - does that not scotch the labour "continually brain washed supporters" who consistently bang on the war drums that Conservative is for the rich only !! Just think about it more you labour lot and see where May is at least trying to fix a great divide here as if you are so stupid to think that Corbyn and Fallon have this fabled "Magic Wand" to conjure up the money - there's only one place that's coming from - it's Your Pockets or it's a "Running up Trillions" in debt for your kids to be paupers in time to come !! Having the May plan happen will save billions being pumped in from the rest of the economy where others suffer along with less money for services as everyone in society, as I see it, want to pass it on to other sections of society that doesn't affect them ! I am a Pensioner sat in my house and if it comes to care then I am prepared to have the equity removed from my house to pay for it - I've worked all my life and started out as a snotty kid in Airedale with absolutely nothing to start with and when I die, who gives a toss anyway - I't's up to the kids to knuckle down and work hard as I did instead of always relying of bank of mam and dad - lazy sods they are !! I am sickened by most of society today with the "What's in it for Me" brigade and not willing to shoulder some of the hardship and pain. Theresa May is trying to bring in some fairness at least so give her a chance (Someone's got to negotiate!) instead of those that want to bellyache all the time and shout her down on practically everything she is about - There are good things and bad things to any party who wish to run the country and she just might surprise you if she gets to eventually win and negotiate Brexit as, let's face it, that is the biggest and most important topic at this point in time - the rest can follow on to be sorted later and at the next election - I wouldn't trust Corbyn and his party to negotiate themselves out of a paper bag ! A Bunch of absolute Amateurs - can you imagine Dianne Abbott being Chancellor of the Exchequer !.......ha ha ha ha ha a total joke ! Not on your life !! After this election, Labour supporters should be patient this time and vote in someone else as leader ( I would tip Yvette Cooper to have a chance of getting in and if so,would be great to see the future PM questions periods - it would be like a Cat Fenzy with fur flying all over !) - My opinion is that it would be total chaos if labour got in just now and the country would stagnate and we would be totally vulnerable economically with no chance of a good deal - that's not to say I am total Conservative as i do like one or two of labour's policies that can make some sense but not all - every party has some good and some bad ideas - Wouldn't it be great to start off a Common Sense Party (CSP) ! Well maybe I've started another round of expletives coming my way again but it's good fun isn't it to joust it out from one polarised view to another. Waiting for you to bring it on again !!!
As far as I can see, correct me if I'm wrong, but virtually this entire post is in support of a policy in the tory manifesto that they have since performed a u-turn on as even they realised the unfairness of it.

As far as Brexit negotiations go, just so I'm clear, you'd rather have a remainer (in Teresa May) who's since become a champion for a hard Brexit? A Teresa May who changes direction like the wind? Who has no clue what she is doing unless she's being controlled by behind the scenes tories?
Rather than a leaver (in Jeremy Corbyn) who is principled, consistent respectful, decent and full of integrity? A man who has been dignified in the face of personal insults from his enemies and so-called friends? And, crucially, has been RIGHT on every issue/vote in the house. That's correct, he's consistently been RIGHT every single time.

The economic policy taken by the current Labour Party offers a long term solution - investment (in industry, training, skills and education) to generate future growth, surely that is a sensible approach rather than continue the [REMOVED] of the past 7 years of austerity?

Last thing - in a previous post you suggest a row on QT between Rayner (Labour) and Patel (tory) was undignified. Yet look forward to a Cooper v May showdown in the house as it would be "like a Cat Fenzy with fur flying all over !" and "great to see". Another tory u-turn?

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 27 May 2017, 11:21

alftupper wrote:
WF10 wrote:
alftupper wrote:
Your post clearly infers there is a connection between the consolidation of police numbers and the army being posted at key sites. There isn't.
My post implies that the reduction of the numbers of police officers hinders efforts of national security. I don't see how this can be disagreed with.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 28 May 2017, 20:39

Double post

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 29 May 2017, 12:56

In response to WF10, The problem with society is that nobody wants to shoulder the burden of what is increasingly becoming unaffordable to continue and this was made evident with a massive poll drop for the Conservatives in announcing a way to fund care costs from the people sat in big houses and and removal of winter allowances from the well off pensioners. I agree Theresa May has U Turned on the response she has got for fear she will get a hung Parliament and needs to re-think it through but the point I am making is that society in general have a bitter pill to swallow otherwise we are about to bankrupt the country and the House of cards will fall for everyone.

If you cannot accept that Theresa May is indeed hitting the people that can afford to shoulder the financial burden to pay for care through release of house equity to pay for this, remove winter allowance for people like Alan Sugar and Richard Branson (note it all depends also where means testing level is set I acknowledge) and be able to use the savings to fund other worthy projects and ultimately not leave an ever increasing debt to our children, then I don't know how you are thinking !

The trouble with some people especially within our area is that it has this notion that labour is for the working people, been brainwashed to vote labour by their parents and unions irrespective of them having a brain to make their own decisions and deduce common sense be it one way or the other for whichever they decide on - I just watched a program yesterday showing an interviewer in a bingo hall in Hartlepool asking how people there would vote and why - this was a textbook answer "I'm voting labour as I have voted all my life" - Case Closed !

So if we are to believe what Corbyn and his fabled magic wand is to do, the reality is that he will drive business away with a huge rise in corporation tax, hit the top 5% with huge tax rises (which is a pittance of tax collection and nowhere near what he thinks he will get) and try to spend his way out of what he is promising - Short Term Gain and Long Term Misery paying off debt interest.

On the point of U Turns did you see over the weekend how exposed Corbyn was to his past history on security issues and his previous anti establishment rhetoric in the past not to mention Dianne Abbot ! That was very revealing to watch them both squirm by Andrew Neal and all Corbyn could say was it is the party who now back Trident but would not commit himself personally and Dianne Abbott referring to her u turn thinking saying she's changed her affro cut in previous years (laughable) and so has changed her mind on her previous thinking - well that shows how amateur and trustworthy these people can be - Wake Up and Smell the Coffee ! Putting these type of people in charge for a short term gain in living standards could jeopardize the whole country ! Think it Through ! I am not saying Conservative is perfect as there is a few things I would change in their manifesto however on balance, there is a massive decision to make and I can't see Labour being "it" just now, maybe in time once they get the right people in but they are un-electable just now for me.

By the way, to the person who made a comment previously , yes I have now managed to find my return key....ha ha !!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 29 May 2017, 21:42

Hahaha!! Did you see May there at the end of that audience questions bit?! She was so relieved it was over.

Go on Paxman - go for the jugular!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 29 May 2017, 21:44

WF10 wrote:
alftupper wrote:
WF10 wrote:
alftupper wrote:
My post implies that the reduction of the numbers of police officers hinders efforts of national security. I don't see how this can be disagreed with.
No it didn't but if that's what you are saying now you are wrong again, but don't take my word for it try the head of UK counter terrorism who has stated the cuts to plod has had no effect on his departments ability to keep us safe.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 29 May 2017, 22:27

Ye, OK then :roll:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/theresa-m ... ack-2017-5

Prime Minister Theresa May was warned two years ago that cuts to community policing in Manchester had put the city at risk of a terrorist attack.

One-time Community Police Officer of the Year, Damian O'Reilly, made a heartfelt appeal to May to reverse cuts to local policing which had caused intelligence about possible attacks to dry up.

"Intelligence has dried up. There aren't local officers, they don't know what's happening. They're all reactive, there's no proactive policing locally. That is the reality ma'am."

He added that: "Neighbourhood policing is critical to dealing with terrorism. We run the risk here of letting communities down, putting officers at risk and ultimately risking national security and I would ask you to seriously consider the budget and the level of cuts over the next five years."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.expr ... -arena/amp

A DEFENCE expert has insisted that police cuts are causing issues for counter-terrorism organisations following the Manchester bombing which killed 22 people, including children.

Professor Michael Clarke, an adviser for the Joint National Committee on Security Strategy said a lack of police funding is causing a “knock-on problem”.

“If you look at other constabularies in the other big cities which may now be a source of vulnerability, then they would tell that their counter-terrorist organisations are far too small.

“They are not probably well trained enough, they don’t have enough firearms trained officers.

“That’s where the knock on effect arises."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3Famp

The deployment of thousands of soldiers onto Britain’s streets is only needed because police now lack the resources to defend against a terrorist attack themselves, the chair of the Police Federation has warned.

Steve White, who leads the statutory staff association, said police “simply do not have the resources” to manage a heightened national level of alertness by themselves.

Addressing the Home Secretary Amber Rudd at the Police Federation’s annual conference last week, Mr White had said an attack was a case of "not if, but when" following sharp cuts.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 31 May 2017, 10:30

Apologies for the delay in replying, but I genuinely can't get my head round what it is that you are saying. So I'll try and make sense of it and respond accordingly.
CasRus wrote:In response to WF10, The problem with society is that nobody wants to shoulder the burden of what is increasingly becoming unaffordable to continue and this was made evident with a massive poll drop for the Conservatives in announcing a way to fund care costs from the people sat in big houses and and removal of winter allowances from the well off pensioners. I agree Theresa May has U Turned on the response she has got for fear she will get a hung Parliament and needs to re-think it through but the point I am making is that society in general have a bitter pill to swallow otherwise we are about to bankrupt the country and the House of cards will fall for everyone.

If you cannot accept that Theresa May is indeed hitting the people that can afford to shoulder the financial burden to pay for care through release of house equity to pay for this, remove winter allowance for people like Alan Sugar and Richard Branson (note it all depends also where means testing level is set I acknowledge) and be able to use the savings to fund other worthy projects and ultimately not leave an ever increasing debt to our children, then I don't know how you are thinking !
This 'problem' you speak of is the ageing population I presume, hence the defence of means testing the winter fuel allowance.

The treasury spends approximately £2.5bn on the winter fuel allowance for roughly 12.5-13 million pensioners. Compared to £75-80bn on the state pension and £700bn on public spending. In other words, a pittance, bugger all.

However, the winter fuel allowance was brought in (in part) to reduce a) the number of excess winter deaths and b) the cost of cold-related illnesses to the NHS. The cost of cold homes to the NHS is approx £1.4bn per year. The winter fuel allowance protects the most vulnerable members of our society against this. It costs on average £2000 for one elderly person to be in hospital for a week. Compared to the winter fuel allowance of say £250, and as they say in America, you do the math.

Also, there are problems with means testing anyway. In addition to it being an extra cost to implement and get a threshold and cut-off point. Pensioners in particular are reluctant/unable/unwilling to take part in these things. 1.3 million older people who should receive pension credit fail to do so because they haven't filled out the requisite form/completed the tests. As such, it's reasonable to suggest that means testing the winter fuel allowance will see upto £200 taken from these 1.3 million pensioners living on less than £140 a week.

A report produced in 2013 suggested that means testing the winter fuel allowance would inevitably result in death, illness and extra cost to the NHS.

Surely you can see that prevention is better (and cheaper) than the cure.

I'll deal with the rest of it later.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 31 May 2017, 13:13

CasRus wrote:The trouble with some people especially within our area is that it has this notion that labour is for the working people, been brainwashed to vote labour by their parents and unions irrespective of them having a brain to make their own decisions and deduce common sense be it one way or the other for whichever they decide on - I just watched a program yesterday showing an interviewer in a bingo hall in Hartlepool asking how people there would vote and why - this was a textbook answer "I'm voting labour as I have voted all my life" - Case Closed !
So what?

They're voting for a party that pledges to reverse the cuts that have been imposed over the past 7 years.

A party that pledges investment in social care, education, NHS, housing, childcare, police forces etc.

A party that wants peace and nuclear disarmament and prefers to talk to others to achieve this rather than bombing the [REMOVED] out of them and expect that to be OK.

A party that wants to work with the EU rather than against it.

Going in hard line 1v27 hardly seems the best approach to be taking does it? Negotiation is about listening and compromising, not chucking the teddy out and walking away with nothing.
'No deal is better than a bad deal' what an idiot, want to know where that approach will get us? Cast out in [REMOVED] Siberia, feeding on scraps, that's where.

Teresa May makes a big thing about Brexit negotiations taking place 11 days after the general election so doubts Corbyn would be ready and would be 'naked' (whatever the [REMOVED] that means). Yet labour produced their manifesto (and had it costed btw) before the tories who surely had the advantage of actually knowing that an election was coming. Of course they'd be prepared and ready, the suggestion they wouldn't be is ridiculous scare-mongering.

Further, ask yourself who called for an election to take place just 11 days before the start of the negotiations? That opportunistic witch, that's who.

To paraphrase her current favourite saying - 'No Teresa May is better than a bad Teresa May'.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 31 May 2017, 14:11

CasRus wrote: So if we are to believe what Corbyn and his fabled magic wand is to do, the reality is that he will drive business away with a huge rise in corporation tax, hit the top 5% with huge tax rises (which is a pittance of tax collection and nowhere near what he thinks he will get) and try to spend his way out of what he is promising - Short Term Gain and Long Term Misery paying off debt interest.
The Labour proposal of a 'huge' rise in corporation tax, eventually rising to 26% by 2021.

Shall I tell you which G7 country will have a lower rate of corporation tax?
None. The UK would still have the lowest rate.

How about other EU countries?
Only 4 (Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Ireland) would have a lower corporation tax rate.

Luxembourg, Greece, Belgium, Portugal, Canada, Italy, Japan, Germany, France and USA all have and will continue to have a higher level of corporation tax.

So where exactly are all of these businesses going to be driven away to in order to take advantage of lower corporation tax rates?

By raising taxes on multi nationals and raising taxes on the richest 5% in the country it means public spending can increase by just 6%. 6%! It's not a huge increase. But that extra 6% will mean scrapping tuition fees, build more affordable houses, secure pensions, invest in the NHS etc.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 31 May 2017, 14:51

CasRus wrote:On the point of U Turns did you see over the weekend how exposed Corbyn was to his past history on security issues and his previous anti establishment rhetoric in the past not to mention Dianne Abbot ! That was very revealing to watch them both squirm by Andrew Neal and all Corbyn could say was it is the party who now back Trident but would not commit himself personally and Dianne Abbott referring to her u turn thinking saying she's changed her affro cut in previous years (laughable) and so has changed her mind on her previous thinking - well that shows how amateur and trustworthy these people can be - Wake Up and Smell the Coffee ! Putting these type of people in charge for a short term gain in living standards could jeopardize the whole country ! Think it Through ! I am not saying Conservative is perfect as there is a few things I would change in their manifesto however on balance, there is a massive decision to make and I can't see Labour being "it" just now, maybe in time once they get the right people in but they are un-electable just now for me.
Yes I saw it and his interview with Paxman. They both did a good job of trying to humiliate him with regards his historical views.
One thing that shone through for me was his consistency and his ability to make them look a bit silly by trying to score points in this way.

Of course he has met members of the IRA, he wanted to bring peace to the area - you can't do that without dialogue. Funny thing was, a few days before he was called a 'pacifist', next thing he was being portrayed as a paramilitary! They can't decide what to criticise him for!

I also noticed that he did suggest looking into the role we play in arming terrorists through arms deals with Saudi Arabia (you know, where the majority of the 9/11 hijackers were from). Teresa May, on the other hand, is happy to supply them with £3.3bn worth of arms to use on innocent civilians in Yemen (and elsewhere).

As an aside, the UK government sent £370million in aid to Yemen. 10 times less than the amount received for supplying Saudi Arabia with arms.

For Trident, it's well known that he's opposed to it. I've said before that as a deterrent it cannot be used pre-emptively and can only be used as retaliation. In which case, it hasn't 'deterred' has it?

Plus, we own a massive 1.4% of the world's nuclear weapons. In the event of a great nuclear release, I hardly think our 'might' will be significant, do you?

Paxman pointed out that he thinks the monarchy should be self-funded (so that tax payers don't shell out £370million for the refurbishment of Buckingham Palace and the like). Corbyn said that the manifesto was the result of negotiations within the party - a democratic process with some compromises made. I fail to see how this could be a negative?

I also watched Teresa May on Andrew Neil. She supports the Naylor report into the NHS. A report that recommends privatisation of the NHS. In fact, a report that virtually proposes forcing NHS Trusts to sell off their assets to private companies. Now that is something that, in your words, could jeopardize the whole country ! Think it Through !