Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by WF10 » 29 May 2017, 22:27

Ye, OK then :roll:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/theresa-m ... ack-2017-5

Prime Minister Theresa May was warned two years ago that cuts to community policing in Manchester had put the city at risk of a terrorist attack.

One-time Community Police Officer of the Year, Damian O'Reilly, made a heartfelt appeal to May to reverse cuts to local policing which had caused intelligence about possible attacks to dry up.

"Intelligence has dried up. There aren't local officers, they don't know what's happening. They're all reactive, there's no proactive policing locally. That is the reality ma'am."

He added that: "Neighbourhood policing is critical to dealing with terrorism. We run the risk here of letting communities down, putting officers at risk and ultimately risking national security and I would ask you to seriously consider the budget and the level of cuts over the next five years."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.expr ... -arena/amp

A DEFENCE expert has insisted that police cuts are causing issues for counter-terrorism organisations following the Manchester bombing which killed 22 people, including children.

Professor Michael Clarke, an adviser for the Joint National Committee on Security Strategy said a lack of police funding is causing a “knock-on problem”.

“If you look at other constabularies in the other big cities which may now be a source of vulnerability, then they would tell that their counter-terrorist organisations are far too small.

“They are not probably well trained enough, they don’t have enough firearms trained officers.

“That’s where the knock on effect arises."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3Famp

The deployment of thousands of soldiers onto Britain’s streets is only needed because police now lack the resources to defend against a terrorist attack themselves, the chair of the Police Federation has warned.

Steve White, who leads the statutory staff association, said police “simply do not have the resources” to manage a heightened national level of alertness by themselves.

Addressing the Home Secretary Amber Rudd at the Police Federation’s annual conference last week, Mr White had said an attack was a case of "not if, but when" following sharp cuts.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 31 May 2017, 10:30

Apologies for the delay in replying, but I genuinely can't get my head round what it is that you are saying. So I'll try and make sense of it and respond accordingly.
CasRus wrote:In response to WF10, The problem with society is that nobody wants to shoulder the burden of what is increasingly becoming unaffordable to continue and this was made evident with a massive poll drop for the Conservatives in announcing a way to fund care costs from the people sat in big houses and and removal of winter allowances from the well off pensioners. I agree Theresa May has U Turned on the response she has got for fear she will get a hung Parliament and needs to re-think it through but the point I am making is that society in general have a bitter pill to swallow otherwise we are about to bankrupt the country and the House of cards will fall for everyone.

If you cannot accept that Theresa May is indeed hitting the people that can afford to shoulder the financial burden to pay for care through release of house equity to pay for this, remove winter allowance for people like Alan Sugar and Richard Branson (note it all depends also where means testing level is set I acknowledge) and be able to use the savings to fund other worthy projects and ultimately not leave an ever increasing debt to our children, then I don't know how you are thinking !
This 'problem' you speak of is the ageing population I presume, hence the defence of means testing the winter fuel allowance.

The treasury spends approximately £2.5bn on the winter fuel allowance for roughly 12.5-13 million pensioners. Compared to £75-80bn on the state pension and £700bn on public spending. In other words, a pittance, bugger all.

However, the winter fuel allowance was brought in (in part) to reduce a) the number of excess winter deaths and b) the cost of cold-related illnesses to the NHS. The cost of cold homes to the NHS is approx £1.4bn per year. The winter fuel allowance protects the most vulnerable members of our society against this. It costs on average £2000 for one elderly person to be in hospital for a week. Compared to the winter fuel allowance of say £250, and as they say in America, you do the math.

Also, there are problems with means testing anyway. In addition to it being an extra cost to implement and get a threshold and cut-off point. Pensioners in particular are reluctant/unable/unwilling to take part in these things. 1.3 million older people who should receive pension credit fail to do so because they haven't filled out the requisite form/completed the tests. As such, it's reasonable to suggest that means testing the winter fuel allowance will see upto £200 taken from these 1.3 million pensioners living on less than £140 a week.

A report produced in 2013 suggested that means testing the winter fuel allowance would inevitably result in death, illness and extra cost to the NHS.

Surely you can see that prevention is better (and cheaper) than the cure.

I'll deal with the rest of it later.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 31 May 2017, 13:13

CasRus wrote:The trouble with some people especially within our area is that it has this notion that labour is for the working people, been brainwashed to vote labour by their parents and unions irrespective of them having a brain to make their own decisions and deduce common sense be it one way or the other for whichever they decide on - I just watched a program yesterday showing an interviewer in a bingo hall in Hartlepool asking how people there would vote and why - this was a textbook answer "I'm voting labour as I have voted all my life" - Case Closed !
So what?

They're voting for a party that pledges to reverse the cuts that have been imposed over the past 7 years.

A party that pledges investment in social care, education, NHS, housing, childcare, police forces etc.

A party that wants peace and nuclear disarmament and prefers to talk to others to achieve this rather than bombing the [REMOVED] out of them and expect that to be OK.

A party that wants to work with the EU rather than against it.

Going in hard line 1v27 hardly seems the best approach to be taking does it? Negotiation is about listening and compromising, not chucking the teddy out and walking away with nothing.
'No deal is better than a bad deal' what an idiot, want to know where that approach will get us? Cast out in [REMOVED] Siberia, feeding on scraps, that's where.

Teresa May makes a big thing about Brexit negotiations taking place 11 days after the general election so doubts Corbyn would be ready and would be 'naked' (whatever the [REMOVED] that means). Yet labour produced their manifesto (and had it costed btw) before the tories who surely had the advantage of actually knowing that an election was coming. Of course they'd be prepared and ready, the suggestion they wouldn't be is ridiculous scare-mongering.

Further, ask yourself who called for an election to take place just 11 days before the start of the negotiations? That opportunistic witch, that's who.

To paraphrase her current favourite saying - 'No Teresa May is better than a bad Teresa May'.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 31 May 2017, 14:11

CasRus wrote: So if we are to believe what Corbyn and his fabled magic wand is to do, the reality is that he will drive business away with a huge rise in corporation tax, hit the top 5% with huge tax rises (which is a pittance of tax collection and nowhere near what he thinks he will get) and try to spend his way out of what he is promising - Short Term Gain and Long Term Misery paying off debt interest.
The Labour proposal of a 'huge' rise in corporation tax, eventually rising to 26% by 2021.

Shall I tell you which G7 country will have a lower rate of corporation tax?
None. The UK would still have the lowest rate.

How about other EU countries?
Only 4 (Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Ireland) would have a lower corporation tax rate.

Luxembourg, Greece, Belgium, Portugal, Canada, Italy, Japan, Germany, France and USA all have and will continue to have a higher level of corporation tax.

So where exactly are all of these businesses going to be driven away to in order to take advantage of lower corporation tax rates?

By raising taxes on multi nationals and raising taxes on the richest 5% in the country it means public spending can increase by just 6%. 6%! It's not a huge increase. But that extra 6% will mean scrapping tuition fees, build more affordable houses, secure pensions, invest in the NHS etc.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 31 May 2017, 14:51

CasRus wrote:On the point of U Turns did you see over the weekend how exposed Corbyn was to his past history on security issues and his previous anti establishment rhetoric in the past not to mention Dianne Abbot ! That was very revealing to watch them both squirm by Andrew Neal and all Corbyn could say was it is the party who now back Trident but would not commit himself personally and Dianne Abbott referring to her u turn thinking saying she's changed her affro cut in previous years (laughable) and so has changed her mind on her previous thinking - well that shows how amateur and trustworthy these people can be - Wake Up and Smell the Coffee ! Putting these type of people in charge for a short term gain in living standards could jeopardize the whole country ! Think it Through ! I am not saying Conservative is perfect as there is a few things I would change in their manifesto however on balance, there is a massive decision to make and I can't see Labour being "it" just now, maybe in time once they get the right people in but they are un-electable just now for me.
Yes I saw it and his interview with Paxman. They both did a good job of trying to humiliate him with regards his historical views.
One thing that shone through for me was his consistency and his ability to make them look a bit silly by trying to score points in this way.

Of course he has met members of the IRA, he wanted to bring peace to the area - you can't do that without dialogue. Funny thing was, a few days before he was called a 'pacifist', next thing he was being portrayed as a paramilitary! They can't decide what to criticise him for!

I also noticed that he did suggest looking into the role we play in arming terrorists through arms deals with Saudi Arabia (you know, where the majority of the 9/11 hijackers were from). Teresa May, on the other hand, is happy to supply them with £3.3bn worth of arms to use on innocent civilians in Yemen (and elsewhere).

As an aside, the UK government sent £370million in aid to Yemen. 10 times less than the amount received for supplying Saudi Arabia with arms.

For Trident, it's well known that he's opposed to it. I've said before that as a deterrent it cannot be used pre-emptively and can only be used as retaliation. In which case, it hasn't 'deterred' has it?

Plus, we own a massive 1.4% of the world's nuclear weapons. In the event of a great nuclear release, I hardly think our 'might' will be significant, do you?

Paxman pointed out that he thinks the monarchy should be self-funded (so that tax payers don't shell out £370million for the refurbishment of Buckingham Palace and the like). Corbyn said that the manifesto was the result of negotiations within the party - a democratic process with some compromises made. I fail to see how this could be a negative?

I also watched Teresa May on Andrew Neil. She supports the Naylor report into the NHS. A report that recommends privatisation of the NHS. In fact, a report that virtually proposes forcing NHS Trusts to sell off their assets to private companies. Now that is something that, in your words, could jeopardize the whole country ! Think it Through !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 01 Jun 2017, 07:39

I see the BBC loaded last nights audience with public sector workers, students and benefit claimants - Labours traditional core voters, it was a disgrace

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 01 Jun 2017, 08:50

alftupper wrote:I see the BBC loaded last nights audience with public sector workers, students and benefit claimants - Labours traditional core voters, it was a disgrace
Hahaha!!!

Poor Alf. Altogether now:

Oh, he gets his opinions from the Mail,
Oh, he gets his opinions from the Mail,
Oh he gets his opinions,
Gets his opinions,
Gets his opinions from the Mail.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 01 Jun 2017, 10:17

Well WF10, I think Jeremy "Jesus" Corbyn really has got you for a Moonbeam ! Look and Imagine ! Here he comes fluttering in like TinkerBell with his Magic Money Wand promising money for this and money for that and says we can all live on Fantasy island again just like we did in the past when they were last in power until you suddenly fall off your settee from a snoring session and realise its all a dream and Reality then sets in with the Debt Collector knocking on the door just like 2010 and faced with a note pinned to it "sorry there's no money left in the coffers" and you are surrounded by 3 times more people sleeping rough than when you first went to sleep and we cant keep up with International Debt repayments ! Deja Vous ! Independent orgs have already warned his manifesto does not add up and has massive black holes.

That actually what happened in 2010 and having to dig out the sh.. sorry , mess that was left always makes Conservative look like the Nasty Party with having to put austerity in place. So if you want another Groundhog Day event to happen, be my guest and good luck to Labour and if they get in, lets see in 5 years time how ruined as a country we really are again for the short term appeasement of Society.

U Turn May ??? what about U Turn Corbyn ! He's accepted Trident under the guise of labour Party democratic decision - is that not a personal U Turn ? It's great to say and see others and accuse them of things and don't recognize the fact that it also happens on your side - total hypocrisy !

Last Night's slanging match was an absolute joke and every time Nuttall tried to talk, and just like last time he appeared, they all interrupted him time and time again in trying to bully him on his input - He was making the points that most people think and that is exactly why 25% were behind them prior to Brexit referendum ! Those thoughts in people just do not disappear even though most of those people know it's time to swing behind one or the other main parties now. Last night was why most people are fed up with politics as they are like schoolkids in a playground and May I personally think made the right decision not to become another schoolkid in that playground. The Greens, Labour,Lib Dem - Lets get rid of Trident ! Well let's just say when the Russian Destroyers come circling armed with Nuclear tipped new tech hypersonic missiles that they now have that travel at 4,600 miles per hour will certainly have our rifle only "Dad's Army" caught with their trousers around their ankles while taking a Dump ! Get Real !

I could go on with a whole lot more but what's the point ! Most people are just looking after their own interests and not considering the bigger picture to get the country back to economic stability - Just like Dad's Army.... "We're Doomed " !

Well I'll expect the usual retort WF10 once you come out of Cloud Cuckooland ! ....ha ha only joking and just having a bit of fun with you so don't be offended as its only meant as a friendly crack at you and I'm sure and expect one back from you anyway. Have a Nice Day by the way !

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 01 Jun 2017, 10:31

I BELIEVE!

https://youtu.be/-r2mTX5RLWw

OH, JEREMY CORBYN!
OH, JEREMY CORBYN!

https://youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk

OOH EE OOH
HE'S JEREMY CORBYN,
OOH EE OOH
HE'S DANCING ROUND THE TORIES,
OOH EE OOH
THE NHS IS HERE TO STAY!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 01 Jun 2017, 11:00

Sorry WF10, I thought I was dealing with a serious adult not a child who makes a chant - GROW UP and be serious ! If that's all what you have got to mention then I think you need to head to the playground

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 01 Jun 2017, 12:11

CasRus wrote:Sorry WF10, I thought I was dealing with a serious adult not a child who makes a chant - GROW UP and be serious ! If that's all what you have got to mention then I think you need to head to the playground
Judging by his previous verbiage he is probably a member of momentum

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 01 Jun 2017, 13:22

The chants are already there chaps, no need for me to make them up.

They're on the run so they dish out the abuse.
Classic tory behaviour.

Coz the times they are a-changing!

Check the date lads - May is OVER!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 01 Jun 2017, 13:23

CasRus wrote:Sorry WF10, I thought I was dealing with a serious adult not a child who makes a chant - GROW UP and be serious ! If that's all what you have got to mention then I think you need to head to the playground
I'll head to the playground after I've had my free school dinner, before it gets taken off me.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 01 Jun 2017, 14:44

Well Well Well WF10, you've gone from a reasonable standard of discussion to a baby making stupid chants and now making bold statements ! (anyone found his dummy yet !) The very best you will get is a Hung Parliament and that will be the worst case scenario for everybody including you so prepare for what you wish for ! I really aint bothered one way or the other myself as I've got enough to see me through but I can see logic when it hits me straight in the eyes and want what's best for everyone and Labour, Hung Parliament, Coalition of Chaos aint it ! what you saw on last nights chaotic debate would be the sign of things to come so get ready WF10 if you get your wishes and wish you the very best of luck as you are going to need it ! It's easy to criticise the party in power and promise the earth while they are still trying to sort out labour's last mess, mis- guided and short sighted for short term gain is all I can say !

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 01 Jun 2017, 15:04

He's on his way, on his way,
To number 10, he's on his way,
How he'll get there I don't know,
How he'll get there I don't care
All I know is Jez is our PM.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 01 Jun 2017, 15:13

Not one to chime in on Political stuff however some of the comments in favour of the tories are laughable. I guess people really want another 5 years of cuts, more snooping and people dying as the NHS crumbles.

Some said Brexit wouldn't happen, others said Trump would never see the white house. Let's hope that May and her 'weak and unstable' government ends up being thrown out of number 10 in 8 days time.

She and her party are an absolute disgrace.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 01 Jun 2017, 15:33

Matt wrote:Not one to chime in on Political stuff however some of the comments in favour of the tories are laughable. I guess people really want another 5 years of cuts, more snooping and people dying as the NHS crumbles.

Some said Brexit wouldn't happen, others said Trump would never see the white house. Let's hope that May and her 'weak and unstable' government ends up being thrown out of number 10 in 8 days time.

She and her party are an absolute disgrace.
https://youtu.be/JxvVk-r9ut8

For the times they are a-changing!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 01 Jun 2017, 17:16

Oh it's all gone quiet over there,
Oh it's all gone quiet over there,
Oh it's all gone quiet,
All gone quiet,
All gone quiet over there.
:-$ :-# :-$

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 01 Jun 2017, 17:41

I talk to Adults - not kids singing songs in script - what a Numpty !

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 01 Jun 2017, 19:29

Just because you're losing,
Just because you're losing.
:lol:
:dance:
:lol: