Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Nov 2018, 15:52

La La Land, is that where we'll spend the £350 million EU contribution on the NHS?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Nov 2018, 15:58

Flat Capper wrote:La La Land, is that where we'll spend the £350 million EU contribution on the NHS?
We don't need to do that now as the Tory Government is pumping £20 Billion into the NHS which is far more than Labour were going to do in their manifesto !!!! Touche !!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 22 Nov 2018, 18:07

CasRus wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:La La Land, is that where we'll spend the £350 million EU contribution on the NHS?
We don't need to do that now as the Tory Government is pumping £20 Billion into the NHS which is far more than Labour were going to do in their manifesto !!!! Touche !!
From the Tory magic money tree?
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Nov 2018, 18:13

WF10 wrote:
CasRus wrote:
From the Tory magic money tree?
They grow wild in La La Land

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Nov 2018, 18:17

Be good to see whose magic money tree is the bigger - you weren't saying magic money tree last year when Labour were preaching a bigger money spend = Hypocrite or what !!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Nov 2018, 22:07

Yawn Yawn !! You Labour guys are getting so repetitive ! Have you run out of ideas as to what to say or are you sat on the non commital fence just like your leader ?

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 23 Nov 2018, 09:41

CasRus wrote:Be good to see whose magic money tree is the bigger - you weren't saying magic money tree last year when Labour were preaching a bigger money spend = Hypocrite or what !!
No, you were, you mad crank.

In Labour's fully costed manifesto they outlined how much they would be providing to the NHS.
Tories squealed "You can't give that much - there's no magic money tree."
Now, as you pointed out, the Tories are giving an extra £20bn (spread out over 5 years) to the NHS.
So they've either found a magic money tree or the Tory squealing during the election campaign was just mud slinging.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 23 Nov 2018, 10:04

I’ve never really understood the furore relating to the bus advert, I never took it to mean every penny of the £350m would be spent on the NHS simply that the government of the time would have this additional money to spend as they see fit. Indeed I wouldn’t want an additional £350m a week throwing into the money pit that is the NHS

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 23 Nov 2018, 12:26

Actual quote from BoJo:

“And yes – once we have settled our accounts, we will take back control of roughly £350 million per week. It would be a fine thing, as many of us have pointed out, if a lot of that money went on the NHS”.

The fact that we don't, and never have, given £350m per week to the EU (due to the rebate) means we can't "take back control of roughly £350 million per week".

Ambiguous? Misleading? An outright lie?
It had the desired effect however you term it.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 23 Nov 2018, 13:41

WF10 wrote:Actual quote from BoJo:

“And yes – once we have settled our accounts, we will take back control of roughly £350 million per week. It would be a fine thing, as many of us have pointed out, if a lot of that money went on the NHS”.

The fact that we don't, and never have, given £350m per week to the EU (due to the rebate) means we can't "take back control of roughly £350 million per week".

Ambiguous? Misleading? An outright lie?
It had the desired effect however you term it.
Firstly when has ‘a lot’ meant all?

Second, even allowing for the rebate we send over £250-275m per week a vast amount of money, probably not much to you reds as you love spending public money

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Nov 2018, 13:47

alftupper wrote:
I’ve never really understood the furore relating to the bus advert, I never took it to mean every penny of the £350m would be spent on the NHS simply that the government of the time would have this additional money to spend as they see fit. Indeed I wouldn’t want an additional £350m a week throwing into the money pit that is the NHS
The bus was a clear attempt to mislead the general public as all you could see was £350m for the NHS. A more truthful use of language would have been to say an exta £350m for Britain & the United Kingdom.

Oh, and I'm sure you fully support the [now] additional £20bn for the NHS. As you will know full well, this wasn't in the last Tory manifesto either but I guess they can change their mind, not that good old Theresa May or May Not ever does that like.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 23 Nov 2018, 14:12

Hold on the Remainers told as many if not more whoppers than the Leave campaign, they even shipped in Obama to threaten the great British public - probably had FC and WF10 quaking that one

According to Junker it would lead to the end of Western civilisation.

There was to be an emergency budget and an immediate post referendum recession among many other scare stories... all nonsense

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 23 Nov 2018, 14:15

Talking about the side of the bus, yes it was ambiguous and the remainers blew that up to be promised to the NHS when everybody practically knew it was that the amount would become available back to the UK and an amount of that (which would have been quite a bit judging by the financial demands the NHS is requiring) would be allocated. It's how people interpret and twist things to suit their own needs.

And, pardon me ! the remainers were slinging their own lies as I remember so both sides were complicit in spin.

I'm in the Reece Mogg camp which I think we would miss a massive opportunity to make this country affluent as he is at pains to point out but nobody has the balls to be a true brit with grit anymore and we have become a bunch of wimpish cry babies ! Opportunity favours the brave !

I can't see the deal getting through parliament and this country is about to pull itself apart whichever way this goes !

On EU Unity that Flatcapper is at pains to talk about, just look at the Spanish using Brexit to deliver a low blow to us and the Frogs still wanting access to our fishing waters which they have been milking us for years in our waters - UNITY - I don;t think so as they are all in it for themselves which I keep telling you so !

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 23 Nov 2018, 16:48

Ask anyone what they remember from the Brexit referendum campaigns and I would wager the thing that stands out to most people would be the £350 million to the NHS.

Judging by the number of no confidence letters there are 25 odd tory oddballs who, supported by the right wing media, have had the entire country running scared for years.

Its a damning indictment of how thick people are in this country.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 23 Nov 2018, 16:55

WF10 wrote:Ask anyone what they remember from the Brexit referendum campaigns and I would wager the thing that stands out to most people would be the £350 million to the NHS.

Judging by the number of no confidence letters there are 25 odd tory oddballs who, supported by the right wing media, have had the entire country running scared for years.

So, what you are actually saying that all the spin by both camps, the brexiteers won hands down with their £350 Million side of the bus ploy !!!!! Just goes to show how clever the brexiteers are then doesn't it !!!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Nov 2018, 16:58

CasRus wrote:...On EU Unity that Flatcapper is at pains to talk about, just look at the Spanish using Brexit to deliver a low blow to us and the Frogs still wanting access to our fishing waters which they have been milking us for years in our waters - UNITY - I don;t think so as they are all in it for themselves which I keep telling you so !
As with us against the Germans and Italians, our European neighbours are fighting for a united Europe by opposing the nationalist approach that Britain is now taking. Just out of interest, do the fish that swim in 'our' waters speak with an English accent or are they free to travel the world's oceans as they see fit?

However, I do look forward to Britain standing on it's own, manufacturing anything and everything to the quality of good old British Leyland cars whilst we stick two fingers up at the world, arrogantly proclaiming, "we're better than you Jonny Foreigner".

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 23 Nov 2018, 17:57

CasRus wrote:
WF10 wrote:Ask anyone what they remember from the Brexit referendum campaigns and I would wager the thing that stands out to most people would be the £350 million to the NHS.

So, what you are actually saying that all the spin by both camps, the brexiteers won hands down with their £350 Million side of the bus ploy !!!!! Just goes to show how clever the brexiteers are then doesn't it !!!
Spin. Lie. Whatever.

And if they're so clever why don't one of them lead the negotiations (Farage, Johnson, Davies, Gove, Rees-Mogg...)?
Instead of choosing to stand on the sidelines giving it the Harry Enfield character "You don't wanna do it like that!"?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 23 Nov 2018, 18:16

Flat Capper wrote:
Just out of interest, do the fish that swim in 'our' waters speak with an English accent or are they free to travel the world's oceans as they see fit?
what a scatter brained comment, ‘our’ waters as you term it are legally defined waters over which we have jurisdiction. The fact our own fisherman are limited to only 30% of the quota in our own waters is not right in my opinion

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 23 Nov 2018, 18:39

alftupper wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
Just out of interest, do the fish that swim in 'our' waters speak with an English accent or are they free to travel the world's oceans as they see fit?
what a scatter brained comment, ‘our’ waters as you term it are legally defined waters over which we have jurisdiction. The fact our own fisherman are limited to only 30% of the quota in our own waters is not right in my opinion
Well said Alf, I think Flatcapper has temporarily gone Ga Ga ! Someone call for the StraightJacket Brigade please ! Hope you recover soon Flatcapper as some of your responses do have some merit on occasion ! Don't worry though as we all have senior moments and I'll put this down to being one of those occasions and cut you some slack !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Nov 2018, 13:11

Ironically it would appear my fishing is getting some whoppers to bite!

Not for the first time my point is lost on the poor lads clinging on to the Empire.

I am well aware we have a right to defend our waters from such as military encroachment but to suggest the free swimming, wild fish that pop in and out of our waters at will are ours is quite frankly ridiculous. Mind you, I would like to see a complete ban on scallop dredging by everyone as it only kills the sea bed and has no sustainability.